Language Learning Forum : Language Programs, Books & Tapes Post Reply
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6396 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 1 of 2
13 September 2012 at 12:50am | IP Logged 
Oh my, I'm so relieved. I've realized I don't hate exercises at all - I hate the boring sentences in them! So I realized I basically need to make my own exercises somehow - does anyone do that? Cloze deletion comes closest, of course... I also remember seeing a site with *word games* where you can paste any text and it'll randomize the words, so that you have to put them back in order. probably useful for languages with a complicated word order :) Can't find the link unfortunately.

Ideally, it would be great to automatically remove some "little words" and/or endings. But does anyone know ANY tools for custom exercises?

Or also, any courses with funny/weird/crazy exercises? Even in Assimil they are usually boring although the dialogues/texts are great.

edit: oh I'm sleepy. came here from the Madrigal method thread and thought I was posting this into the methods subforum. Sorry. Fits here too though - I don't mind whether you move the thread or not.

Edited by Serpent on 13 September 2012 at 12:54am

5 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6396 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 2 of 2
17 September 2012 at 2:01am | IP Logged 
Oh yay! It actually exists!!!
Some more tools for teachers there too. OMG so many options. Especially fantastic for where you can list the possibilities, such as with genders.
Warning: if you generate randomly, don't list 1 as minimal length. it'll mostly pick spaces XDDD

Think I'll use the interactive option and start with showing nothing and then try other ways for words i can't guess (no vowels or anagrams for example). The "interactive exercise" option allows you to type and check your answers.

Edited by Serpent on 17 September 2012 at 2:13am

8 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version