SiHH
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4330 days ago

28 posts - 30 votes

Message 17 of 19
20 November 2012 at 9:41pm | IP Logged 
iguanamon wrote:
For learning while driving: Learning Spanish Like Crazy

I like the look of this. What is the 'Light' version ? Is this just the first half of the course?

Where is a good place to get this from?

Quote:
Don't write off FSI so quickly. You can't judge a book by it's cover, or lack thereof. One of the most
important things about language learning is actually learning the language. FSI has a lot of drills for a reason.
They may not be fun but they will teach you what you need to know and teach it well- if you are willing to give
it a go.

Too true. I shall investigate further.
1 person has voted this message useful

SiHH
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4330 days ago

28 posts - 30 votes

Message 18 of 19
20 November 2012 at 9:46pm | IP Logged 
iguanamon wrote:
Pimsleur Spanish.

Which Pimsleur course in particular are you referring to?

This ?

Language-P-/380498199719?pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item589775c4a7" >http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/goSpanish-
Learn-to-Speak-Read-and-Understand-Spanish-with-Pimsleur-Lan guage-P-/380498199719?
pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item589775c4a7

Edited by SiHH on 20 November 2012 at 9:46pm

1 person has voted this message useful

iguanamon
Pentaglot
Virgin Islands
Speaks: Ladino
Joined 5073 days ago

2237 posts - 6731 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Creole (French)

Message 19 of 19
20 November 2012 at 10:11pm | IP Logged 
SiHH wrote:
iguanamon wrote:
For learning while driving: Learning Spanish Like Crazy

I like the look of this. What is the 'Light' version ? Is this just the first half of the course?

Where is a good place to get this from?

I don't know anything at all about the "Light" version. I would recommend searching ebay, abebooks.com or your public library and ask for an inter-library loan. Get the isbn number, it makes it easier for the librarian to find what you want, legally.

The key to language learning is consistency and perseverance. Make it a habit. Barry Farber, the author of How to Learn Any Language, tells a story about a great polyglot who was asked "How did you learn so many languages?". His response: "I started learning languages when I was young and was just too lazy to quit." Be "too lazy to quit". "Quitting" is the one thing that will guarantee that you won't learn Spanish.

Edit: Pimsleur 1,2 and 3. Again, expensive if bought new.

Edited by iguanamon on 20 November 2012 at 10:13pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 19 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version