Ireland
Joined 5962 days ago

1947 posts - 2923 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: French, Russian, Hungarian

Message 1 of 3
20 November 2012 at 12:18pm | IP Logged 
Linguaphone - Chinese or Japanese Complete

My partner has a special offer in work giving 40% of all Linguaphone courses. The offer is short term, and likely to disappear. If you'd to pick a Linguaphone Complete Course which would you pick ? I'm think either the Chinese or Japanese Complete Course. Which is better, or are they both good ? I've no immediate plans to study either, but though the price reduction to good to ignore.

Edited by DaraghM on 20 November 2012 at 12:18pm

1 person has voted this message useful

zerrubabbel
United States
Joined 4411 days ago

232 posts - 287 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Mandarin

Message 2 of 3
20 November 2012 at 1:36pm | IP Logged 
if you have no immediate plans, but still want to buy one, pick the one with the most interest value for you... I like
both languages, however my interest in japanese is far greater, so thats the course I would go for...I suppose if you
can afford it, buy both, or else you will need your own logic to choose which one

newyorkeric
Diglot
Singapore
Joined 6190 days ago

1598 posts - 2174 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Mandarin, Malay
Personal Language Map

Message 3 of 3
20 November 2012 at 2:07pm | IP Logged 
If the Chinese one is the same as the one from the 1970s, it looks really nice but I find it too overwhelming to start it yet. You would likely need to start with some other course (or courses) before you're ready for it.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version