Valy
France
Joined 4148 days ago

39 posts - 47 votes
Speaks: French*
Studies: English, German, Spanish, Mandarin

Message 9 of 12
07 February 2013 at 7:28pm | IP Logged 
I did Perfectionnement Anglais and I really love it. There're hosts of idioms and it's easy to remember them in
context. The explanations are very interesting as they give details about the origins of the idioms. My listening
skills have risen sharply. Whereas I couldn't understand the news on TV, I can now understand most topics in
details. I recognise loads of phrases I learnt in Assimil Perfectionnement. I need now to improve my active
skills, writing and speaking.
I enjoyed it so much that I have started a new wave of 10 daily lessons shadowing (moving each day 1
lesson towards). I also did 30 lessons active wave and when I "blind shadow" them afterwards, it's going far
smoother.

3 persons have voted this message useful

James29
Diglot
United States
Joined 5175 days ago

1265 posts - 2113 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: French

Message 10 of 12
09 February 2013 at 2:55am | IP Logged 
Using Spanish is a great course. The complaints about it are way way overblown.
3 persons have voted this message useful

dbag
United Kingdom
Joined 4822 days ago

605 posts - 1046 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 11 of 12
14 February 2013 at 11:20pm | IP Logged 
I simply do not understand the complaints about Using Spanish. I am really glad that I didn't let them put me off. The course is simply fantastic, and one you really don't want to miss out on.

Okay, sometimes the audio might not match the text for one of the sentences, or there might be a funny translation , but these are really such minor issues that it shouldn't affect your progress through the course. You just need to use your common sense really.

I don't however, think that it makes a good immediate follow on to Spanish with ease, but rather is best for those who have already developed some proficiency in Spanish and want to increase there knowledge of idiomatic use of language.

The audio is good, far far better than that found in with ease, although I wouldn't say it is quite native speed. You can check by comparing it to the speed people talk at on RTVE.

I also don't think it makes a good stand alone course, by which I mean that if you are advanced enough to make use of the course, you should probably also be regularly using native materials etc. as well.
1 person has voted this message useful

sillygoose1
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 4436 days ago

566 posts - 814 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, Spanish, French
Studies: German, Latin

Message 12 of 12
26 February 2013 at 2:59am | IP Logged 
What do you guys think of Perfectionnement Espagnol? I find that the translations confuse me quite a bit every other lesson, but Perfectionnement Italien poses no problems.

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version