Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

TAC 2013 Organization and Sign-up

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
902 messages over 113 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 47 ... 112 113 Next >>
zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5037 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 369 of 902
13 December 2012 at 4:48am | IP Logged 
Oh, ok thanks!
1 person has voted this message useful

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6399 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 370 of 902
13 December 2012 at 8:17am | IP Logged 
Good morning everyone!
You were very busy last night. There was a big pile of updates waiting for me this morning, so I hope I got everyone.

Mezzofanti:
Added to the Celtic team.

Iversen:
Added as “Uncle” for the Celtic team.

Anya:
Added to team *jäŋe /*ledús.

Eternica:
Added to team *jäŋe /*ledús.

Woodsei:
In teams that are studying multiple languages we really don’t expect one person to know all of them. So it’s fine if you are the godmother.

Elsinore13
Added to the German team.

German team:
Laughed a little. Then changed name to “Schnitzel.” You are currently at 18 members and should probably stop taking new members and new people can form a second team.

jeff_lindqvist:
Added to the Scandinavian team.

zecchino1991:
Added to Russian team #2. (The first Russian team is full, but we are forming a second. I don’t think they have a log yet, but a link will be added to post #2 of this thread as soon as they make one.)
I added you to the Middle East team for Hebrew.
Expugnator asked me to get rid of the Georgian team yesterday, but now that another person is interested, maybe he’ll want to reform it. I’ll recreate the team and see if he comes back.

embici:
I will try to form a team for Greek if I can find others to join, but I haven’t seen a lot of Greek-learners here. It might also fit in a less-commonly-studied languages group, if we manage to start one of those.

Added links for:
Mid.East team log, JohannaNYC, Teango, Josquin & fix several bad links

I’ve updated post #2. Please check it for errors. There were a lot of updates this morning (it took almost 2 hours), so I easily could have made a mistake.

2 persons have voted this message useful

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5113 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 371 of 902
13 December 2012 at 8:34am | IP Logged 
embici wrote:
I'm interested in trying out this TAC 2013 but don't know where to go with my Greek
studies. I don't see many people around here tackling Modern Greek. Any team out there
for me?

For what it's worth, I may also attempt to bump my French or Spanish up towards C2
territory, or, try another Romance language like Italian or Romanian. For now, however,
Greek is my top priority.

We are two that are considering doing Greek. - we just had not discussed actually making a team out of it. In
the Romance team someone came up with the name of team Sparta which sounded so cool, that I am
actually considering breaking my "one team only" rule. Give my 24 hours, and let me send a couple of PMs,
and I'll see what I can whip up. We could always have a small intimate team, besides, someone seeing it
here might get interested. Any more Greek students out there?

I am an absolute beginner in Greek, I would even have to learn the alphabet again, as my entire experience
with Greek are a couple of weeks's flirt with it two years ago. I did however discover the infinite beauty of that
language, and that Greek is the language of my soul, so it is inevitable that I return to it. This might be just as
good a moment as any other. If anyone else would like to take on a language which would give yourself
immense pleasure, and impress everyone else, Greek is an excellent choice. Ellasevia, would you be
Godfather if we were to create such a team?

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5037 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 372 of 902
13 December 2012 at 8:46am | IP Logged 
Brun Ugle wrote:

Expugnator asked me to get rid of the Georgian team yesterday, but now that another
person is interested, maybe he’ll want to reform it. I’ll recreate the team and see if he
comes back.

I've talked to him. He's the one who told me to come post in this thread today, so I can
tell you he's still in. :)

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5113 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 373 of 902
13 December 2012 at 8:59am | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
embici wrote:
I'm interested in trying out this TAC 2013 but don't know where to
go with my Greek
studies. I don't see many people around here tackling Modern Greek. Any team out there
for me?

For what it's worth, I may also attempt to bump my French or Spanish up towards C2
territory, or, try another Romance language like Italian or Romanian. For now, however,
Greek is my top priority.

We are two that are considering doing Greek. - we just had not discussed actually making a team out of it. In
the Romance team someone came up with the name of team Sparta which sounded so cool, that I am
actually considering breaking my "one team only" rule. Give my 24 hours, and let me send a couple of PMs,
and I'll see what I can whip up. We could always have a small intimate team, besides, someone seeing it
here might get interested. Any more Greek students out there?

I am an absolute beginner in Greek, I would even have to learn the alphabet again, as my entire experience
with Greek are a couple of weeks's flirt with it two years ago. I did however discover the infinite beauty of that
language, and that Greek is the language of my soul, so it is inevitable that I return to it. This might be just as
good a moment as any other. If anyone else would like to take on a language which would give yourself
immense pleasure, and impress everyone else, Greek is an excellent choice. Ellasevia, would you be
Godfather if we were to create such a team?

Ok. I've had one positive answer already, I'll let him sign in himself, but that means that we have the nucleus
for a Greek Team!

LanguageSponge
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5545 days ago

1197 posts - 1487 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Welsh, Russian, Japanese, Slovenian, Greek, Italian

Message 374 of 902
13 December 2012 at 9:04am | IP Logged 
Just to confirm my brimming enthusiasm officially, I am in for Team Sparta too. This means
I will be partaking in three teams this year' what the hell am I doing? Brun, would you
please add Greek to my languages if you deem it necessary? I'm not sure what the protocol
is for later additions.

ευχαριστώ εκ των προτέρων (thank you in advance, if I remember right)

Jack

DaraghM
Diglot
Ireland
Joined 5930 days ago

1947 posts - 2923 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: French, Russian, Hungarian

Message 375 of 902
13 December 2012 at 9:51am | IP Logged 
I've just been convinced to join the Celtic team as well, so you can add me to the their clan.

Gosiak
Triglot
Poland
Joined 4905 days ago

241 posts - 361 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English, German
Studies: Norwegian, Welsh

Message 376 of 902
13 December 2012 at 10:02am | IP Logged 
DaraghM wrote:
I've just been convinced to join the Celtic team as well, so you can add me to the their clan.

Great! And I thought that the team won't gather, what a change. Welcome onboard.

This discussion contains 902 messages over 113 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version