Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

TAC 2013 Organization and Sign-up

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
902 messages over 113 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 66 ... 112 113 Next >>
Mooby
Scotland
Joined 5891 days ago

707 posts - 1219 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Polish

Message 521 of 902
18 December 2012 at 12:33am | IP Logged 
It's the 18th!....Message for Brun Ugle; I have the honour of being chosen leader of the Polish Team [Żubr]. 'The Bisons'
We are ready to start the trek into 2013.
Anyone still wanting to join the herd is very welcome.

Photo credit: www.lasypolskie.pl

Link to Polish Team
Powodzenia!

Edited by Mooby on 18 December 2012 at 12:36am

1 person has voted this message useful

Danac
Diglot
Denmark
Joined 5134 days ago

162 posts - 257 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, English
Studies: German, Serbo-Croatian, French, Russian, Esperanto

Message 522 of 902
18 December 2012 at 12:46am | IP Logged 
Hi, I just wanted to add a link to My New Log

Hidden
Groupie
Joined 4675 days ago

42 posts - 48 votes
Studies: German, Mandarin

Message 523 of 902
18 December 2012 at 1:14am | IP Logged 
Is there still time to sign up for this?

If possible, I'd like to join a team for Mandarin

Edited by Hidden on 18 December 2012 at 1:16am

TheGreaterFool
Pro Member
Canada
Joined 4158 days ago

65 posts - 78 votes 
Studies: German, Russian, Modern Hebrew, French
Personal Language Map

Message 524 of 902
18 December 2012 at 2:01am | IP Logged 
I have a quick technical question about setting up a personal learning log.

sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't find anything on the site G-search feature and I didn't want to have to wade through 66 pages on this thread.

I am not exactly sure how to set up my personal learning log.

Do I click on the Learning Log Forum and then click on the New Topic button on the top right of the page?

Do I then click Journal Entry as TYPE? Is the subject line the title of my Learning Log? Can I edit this later to change team affiliations?

OR is there a completely different way of setting this all up? I just wanted to make sure so as to not clutter the already busy Language Learning Forum

thanks in advance for any assistance

cheers
niels

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5120 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 525 of 902
18 December 2012 at 2:32am | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
I am happy to announce that I have been chosen as Captain of the proud team MIR, and that I intend to lead my little flock to victory over all procrastination and bad study habits, into the land of efficient study, self confidence and above all - fun, and team spirit!

Brun Ugle, you can therefore contact me for anything that regards team MIR.

Until the second Russian team is definitely formed I would invite the current members of it to participate in team MIR's thread. If they turn out to be so few that they will join our glorious team, they will already be well integrated, and if there are many enough to be a team of their own, we will be sister teams, and will already have a good knowledge of each other, and can have a good cooperation and possibly a friendly competition.

As for team Sparta, LanguageSponge has been unanimously elected as our general and leader, and we are proud to follow him into any battle, any challenge and any crazy adventure he should chose to lead us into. With blind faith and trust in him, we will fight like true Spartans, with victory or death our only options!

We are ready!

I do not normally quote myself, but just so that there are no misunderstandings: My invitation for those who are on the second Russian team to join our thread does not mean that that team will not be created, or that I in any way, shape or form undermine the decisions made by Brun Ugle. They are still on the second Russian team.

It is just that I saw that unlike the second Romance team, nobody has created a second Russian team thread yet, and I do not want to leave a Russian loving soul in limbo. If there are enough members for a second Russian team, they will float freely from our space ship, into an orbit of their own at New Year, and if there are not, then we are happy to receive them. Either way, we provide them with a nice warm shelter to keep them from the cold Russian winters out there :-)

They can post in our team thread and/or they can create their logs under "second Russian team" and change it to whatever they need to change it to when the time comes. If someone among them starts a new team thread that is great, but if not, they are welcome to post in our thread until things are properly decided.

Edited by Solfrid Cristin on 18 December 2012 at 2:35am

Jinx
Triglot
Germany
reverbnation.co
Joined 5479 days ago

1085 posts - 1879 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Catalan, Dutch, Esperanto, Croatian, Serbian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish, Yiddish

Message 526 of 902
18 December 2012 at 2:44am | IP Logged 
I'd like to sign up! This year my focus will be all over the place, so I think it makes most sense for me to go it as an independent.

Languages: (German), (French), Dutch, Catalan, Mandarin, Norwegian, ASL, possibly Croatian, possibly more...

Team/Ind: Romance Team #2! My log is here.

ETA: I'm editing this to change my team affiliation from "independent" to "team". I have been kindly invited to be on Romance Team #2, led by Kerrie, and so my allegiance will now lie with this proud band of warriors.

Edited by Jinx on 18 December 2012 at 5:28pm

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5181 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Studies: Spanish

Message 527 of 902
18 December 2012 at 2:45am | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
They can post in our team thread and/or they can create their logs under "second Russian team" and change it to whatever they need to change it to when the time comes. If someone among them starts a new team thread that is great, but if not, they are welcome to post in our thread until things are properly decided.

The thought had crossed my mind, but. . . I'm already the leader on two teams and I'm not sure I want to be a leader on a third team. I'm still trying to figure out what happened with the Romance teams. :)

Besides which, I'm not 100% sure that Russian is going to be a priority language next year. I haven't sat down yet to decide which three or four are going to win that fight. :)

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
teango.wordpress.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5342 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Russian
Studies: Hawaiian, French, Toki Pona

Message 528 of 902
18 December 2012 at 2:48am | IP Logged 
@TheGreaterFool

1. Click on "My Profile" near the top of the page.

2. Then click on "Logbook" in your personal profile.

3. Scroll to the bottom of your personal logbooks area, and click on "new entry to your learning Logbook" .

4. Choose "Journal Entry" from the drop-down menu for logbook "Type".

5. Enter the name of your logbook in the "Subject" field, in this case ideally indicating the challenge (i.e. TAC), year, team, and your username and/or a fun phrase connected to your studies somewhere in the title (keeping in mind that the maximum number of characters allowed in the Subject field is 41 or thereabouts).

6. Write an introductory post in the large textbox below.

7. Publish this in the "Language Learning Log" section of the Forum by simply clicking on "Post New Topic" at the bottom.

8. Optional: Edit the tags for this thread by clicking on "Add Tags" at the top of the first page of your logbook, clicking on a suitable tag or two, and then clicking on "Add Tags" again to complete the process.

9. Optional: Celebrate with a cup of tea and a choccie biscuit (if British), or any fine beverage of your choice from your own home country. ;)

4 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 902 messages over 113 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version