Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

TAC 2013 Organization and Sign-up

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
902 messages over 113 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 72 ... 112 113 Next >>
Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5175 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 569 of 902
19 December 2012 at 2:05pm | IP Logged 

Brun Ugle, we are closing Team PAX, the second Romance team. If garyb and WoofCreature want to join us, they are welcome to, but otherwise we will not be taking any new members for now.

The first Romance team has dwindled some, so they might be able to take a few new members (especially more experienced members). I think it's time to start a third Romance team.

Of course, we are open to taking a few more members when things fall into place at the end of the year. With a third team, and the Spanish and French teams, it's possible there will be some shuffling around to finalize the Romance teams.
1 person has voted this message useful

TheGreaterFool
Pro Member
Canada
Joined 4152 days ago

65 posts - 78 votes 
Studies: German, Russian, Modern Hebrew, French
Personal Language Map

Message 570 of 902
19 December 2012 at 2:38pm | IP Logged 
Brun Ugle wrote:
TheGreaterFool wrote:
stifa wrote:
TheGreaterFool wrote:
Sorry
but I have another technical question...

how do connect hyperlink to text in this forum and on learning log posts? I can't seem
to figure that one out. (Is it HTML code that I use?...do I hardcode hyperlinks?)

thx
niels

[URL=A"]B["/URL]
A: website address
B: Hyperlink text
(Remove the "s - I put them there so it will display the code instead of making a
link.)

It's good ol' BBCode.

Awesome! Thanks for the information!

cheers
niels

I thought it wasn't even possible for newbies to make links. I thought there was some
automatic restriction to make it impossible in order to reduce spamming. Or does
writing them yourself rather than using the button get you around that problem?

for the record...i am not a spammer so that won't be a problem from this end...but i
would like to be able to post links of interest directly related to my language
learning

on another note, how does one graduate from newbie member to non-newbie? sign up for
PRO? seek the blessing of a more senior member?

just wondering

niels

sillygoose1
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 4416 days ago

566 posts - 814 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, Spanish, French
Studies: German, Latin

Message 571 of 902
19 December 2012 at 3:25pm | IP Logged 
Brun Ugle wrote:
sillygoose1 wrote:
Is there any interest for a "dead" language team (Latin, Ancient Greek, Sanskrit, etc)?

And there is also a second Scandinavian/German team opening up, right?

Team Sparta consists so far of people studying Modern Greek, but I don't think they are opposed to having members learning Ancient Greek.

There are new teams forming for both Scandinavian and German. If they don't gather enough members by themselves, the new teams will be merged with the original teams.

Shall I put you down for one of these teams? Which one(s)?

Not yet. I just wanted to see what the general situation was and now that I know, I'm going to decide on one more language for this year. I'll get back to you. Thanks.

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5175 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 

Message 572 of 902
19 December 2012 at 3:28pm | IP Logged 

The second Romance team has decided on the name Team PAX.

The Croatian team has decided on the name Team DIVAN.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6400 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 573 of 902
19 December 2012 at 4:26pm | IP Logged 
Kerrie:
I marked Pax as closed. I’m planning on keeping Romance #1 closed to newbies right now. It’s open to any experienced TACers out there. They need some people with experience. Spanky is interim leader, but we need a permanent one. I’m trying to avoid taking the job since I’m already leader for the Japanese team, but if I absolutely have to, I will do it.

I will start a new Romance team for anyone interested. There are also teams for Spanish and French for those studying those languages and who would like to be on a single language team. They haven’t filled up like I’d expected them to, so there is plenty of room.

I added the names to Pax and Divan.

TheGreaterFool:
There are certain things simply built into the forum’s programming. We know you’re not a spammer :) but the programming doesn’t. I think you go over to being a groupie after 50 or 100 posts (I forget) and then you can post links, I think.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5114 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 574 of 902
19 December 2012 at 4:31pm | IP Logged 
TheGreaterFool wrote:
Brun Ugle wrote:
TheGreaterFool wrote:
stifa wrote:
TheGreaterFool wrote:
Sorry
but I have another technical question...

how do connect hyperlink to text in this forum and on learning log posts? I can't seem
to figure that one out. (Is it HTML code that I use?...do I hardcode hyperlinks?)

thx
niels

[URL=A"]B["/URL]
A: website address
B: Hyperlink text
(Remove the "s - I put them there so it will display the code instead of making a
link.)

It's good ol' BBCode.

Awesome! Thanks for the information!

cheers
niels

I thought it wasn't even possible for newbies to make links. I thought there was some
automatic restriction to make it impossible in order to reduce spamming. Or does
writing them yourself rather than using the button get you around that problem?

for the record...i am not a spammer so that won't be a problem from this end...but i
would like to be able to post links of interest directly related to my language
learning

on another note, how does one graduate from newbie member to non-newbie? sign up for
PRO? seek the blessing of a more senior member?

just wondering

niels

Painful and degrading initiation rites which include conjugating verbs in at least two languages, writing in two alphabets and making a YouTubevideo in a language you do not speak :-)
3 persons have voted this message useful

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5175 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 

Message 575 of 902
19 December 2012 at 4:40pm | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Painful and degrading initiation rites which include conjugating verbs in at least two languages, writing in two alphabets and making a YouTubevideo in a language you do not speak :-)

The video thing must be new. I didn't have to do that part. :-)
3 persons have voted this message useful

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6400 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 576 of 902
19 December 2012 at 5:07pm | IP Logged 
Kerrie wrote:
Solfrid Cristin wrote:

The video thing must be new. I didn't have to do that part. :-)

Wasn't there something about Mongolian throat singing as well? And I sure I had to recite some Klingon poetry. My throat is still sore.

4 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 902 messages over 113 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version