Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
553 messages over 70 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 ... 69 70 Next >>

Mae
Trilingual Octoglot
Pro Member
Germany
Joined 4772 days ago

299 posts - 499 votes 
Speaks: German*, SpanishC2*, Swiss-German*, FrenchC2, EnglishC2, ItalianB2, Dutch, Portuguese
Studies: Russian, Swedish
Personal Language Map

Message 153 of 553
02 January 2013 at 12:12am | IP Logged 
@Julie: Sorry, I have no idea how to set up a bot for tracking progess (as configured
for the 6WC and the Super Challenge). Sprachprofi set up the one for the 6WC, but
who configured the one for the Super Challenge? Anyone willing to help out?

========================================================

It would be great to have some kind of social media platform to have a closer exchange
between members. So here is my New Year present for you guys:

- The official TAC 2013 Team Viking Wordpress website
- The official TAC 2013 Team Viking Twitter feed: "LanguageVikings"

Read about the fearless language warriors conquering fluency in Nordic languages! ;-)

========================================================

All members can have access (login) to post and edit articles, links, resources, etc.
I just need a valid email-address of each member to send you the login (PM only!).

Your email-address is never displayed, you don't have to leave personal information
there, you can remove your posts as you want, etc.

For now, the visibility of the blog is set to public, without being indexed by search
engines. We can keep that, or change it to "open" (search engines will index the site),
or "private" (log in needed to read; people without access can't read).

Please check the sites, and especially our "About" section.
Let me know what you think! If there are better ideas, please post them here. :-)

Edited by Mae on 02 January 2013 at 4:15am

5 persons have voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4947 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 154 of 553
02 January 2013 at 5:01pm | IP Logged 
Good job, Mae! Nice to have a place of our own.

For those who like Anki, I'm using two decks on a daily basis. One is called Norwegian
sentences with audio and is very comprehensive. The other has the vocabulary for Teach
Yourself Norwegian and has been helping a lot, as this is the book I'm currently using.
1 person has voted this message useful

Julie
Heptaglot
PolandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6684 days ago

1251 posts - 1733 votes 
5 sounds
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishB2, GermanC2, SpanishB2, Dutch, Swedish, French

Message 155 of 553
02 January 2013 at 6:39pm | IP Logged 
Mae, that's just perfect! Very neat, and it looks great! Now we just have to figure out what we want to put in there!

a3
Triglot
Bulgaria
Joined 5037 days ago

273 posts - 370 votes 
Speaks: Bulgarian*, English, Russian
Studies: Portuguese, German, Italian, Spanish, Norwegian, Finnish

Message 156 of 553
02 January 2013 at 7:09pm | IP Logged 
Expugnator wrote:
Good job, Mae! Nice to have a place of our own.

For those who like Anki, I'm using two decks on a daily basis. One is called Norwegian
sentences with audio and is very comprehensive. The other has the vocabulary for Teach
Yourself Norwegian and has been helping a lot, as this is the book I'm currently using.
Where did you get the first one from?

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4947 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 157 of 553
02 January 2013 at 7:26pm | IP Logged 
I'm still using Anki 1, maybe it doesn't have a version for Anki 2. It's called exactly
that, Norwegian Sentences with Audio, and can be downloaded at the shared decks' list.

Mae
Trilingual Octoglot
Pro Member
Germany
Joined 4772 days ago

299 posts - 499 votes 
Speaks: German*, SpanishC2*, Swiss-German*, FrenchC2, EnglishC2, ItalianB2, Dutch, Portuguese
Personal Language Map

Message 158 of 553
02 January 2013 at 7:32pm | IP Logged 
Julie wrote:
Mae, that's just perfect! Very neat, and it looks great! Now we just have to figure out what we want to put in there!

All members can create as many subpages as they want.

To track our progress daily, we can create a subpage under our names, let's say for each month, and post our
ideas, thoughts, difficulties, milestones, etc. Once a week we can update our TAC log in here. Everyone is still
free to use their own HTLAL-logs as they want. Using the blog may just be a more organised way, to file important
links and documents in the same place, to move and modify content as we want, etc.

To see how that works, go to our website, and point with your mouse at "Team Viking" and then under "Mae".
Now you'll see that there are pages for my two languages.

Those who don't have access to the blog yet, can send me a PM with their email-address and I'll send you the
invitation.

Those of you who already have a Wordpress account/blog, can send me the username to be granted editor rights.

Edited by Mae on 03 January 2013 at 2:49am

Jolla
United States
xkcd.com
Joined 4141 days ago

6 posts - 7 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Norwegian

Message 159 of 553
02 January 2013 at 9:51pm | IP Logged 
Ahoy, Vikings! Just wanted to send friendly greetings from the Scandinavian #2 team.
Despite the fearsome reputation of the Vikings and the flaming longboat on the front of
your team's website (what a neat idea!), I'm hoping for peaceful relations throughout TAC

Solfrid Cristin, your Godmother, suggested that Viking and Scandinavian #2 might merge if
Scandinavian #2 stayed small. Any word or thoughts on whether or not that is going to
happen? If not, then those of us on #2 should get organized, pick a fancy team name,
etc.

Mae
Trilingual Octoglot
Pro Member
Germany
Joined 4772 days ago

299 posts - 499 votes 
Personal Language Map

Message 160 of 553
03 January 2013 at 3:54am | IP Logged 
It's great to see that someone got inspired by our website already! :-)

riff wrote:
I've taken the liberty of throwing up a site on Wordpress that we could use: Team MIR Website

Read riff's post here

This discussion contains 553 messages over 70 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version