Tetraglot
Finland
Joined 4344 days ago

298 posts - 470 votes 
Speaks: Finnish*, English, German, Swedish
Studies: Danish

Message 217 of 553
09 January 2013 at 8:01am | IP Logged 
A free phrasebook-type audio course called Book2 came up in a thread yesterday, and to my delight I noticed Swedish, Danish and Norwegian were all represented. Each course is available as both a monolingual "speed version" and in various bilingual combinations. I've only had time to sample the Norwegian speed version, which—for once—really is rather fast, but the quality appears to be better than in most other free products. Check it out!

It's becoming increasingly clear that LR alone won't be enough to teach me spelling, so I'm thinking about transcribing the Norwegian and Danish monolingual courses. It's just an idea at this point, but I'll be sure to share the transcripts, if I decide to go through with it.

Edited by sans-serif on 09 January 2013 at 8:28am

2 persons have voted this message useful

Kez
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 4142 days ago

181 posts - 212 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English
Studies: Swedish

Message 218 of 553
09 January 2013 at 8:34am | IP Logged 
Julie wrote:
All the new members of Team Viking: welcome on board! Good luck with your
language studies, and let us not forget to keep each other motivated and inspired :).

Thanks!

@Jeff_lindqvist: Thanks for the corrections!

I'll go through the list of members of Scandinavian Team #2 in a few days and see if
they joined Team Viking yet, and if they're active at all. Might be worth sending them
a PM if they don't look at this thread.

I'll update my page on the WordPress website as soon as I receive the login info.
1 person has voted this message useful

Mae
Trilingual Octoglot
Pro Member
Germany
Joined 4776 days ago

299 posts - 499 votes 
Speaks: German*, SpanishC2*, Swiss-German*, FrenchC2, EnglishC2, ItalianB2, Dutch, Portuguese
Studies: Russian, Swedish
Personal Language Map

Message 219 of 553
09 January 2013 at 3:21pm | IP Logged 
I'm happy to announce that we are already six registered users on the website.
Furthermore, Kez has made a great header for our team. <3 Check it out!

Another question... In my profile, where my "Logbook" should appear, there's nothing [0].
Anyone else having the same problem???

Edited by Mae on 10 January 2013 at 12:37am

Kez
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 4142 days ago

181 posts - 212 votes 

Message 220 of 553
10 January 2013 at 12:06pm | IP Logged 
Mae wrote:

Another question... In my profile, where my "Logbook" should appear, there's nothing
[0].
Anyone else having the same problem???

Nope, it shows my logbook there :o Do you still have the problem now or was it just
yesterday?

By the way Vikings, what do you think of making a Challenge list together (maybe 1
challenge for every week, maybe even more?). And make a Beginner, Intermediate &
Advanced list?

Then we can do atleast 1 challenge a week, which you can choose from the list. And
maybe make up some kind of reward system to keep the motivation up?

stifa
Triglot
Norway
lang-8.com/448715
Joined 4658 days ago

629 posts - 813 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, EnglishC2, German
Studies: Japanese, Spanish

Message 221 of 553
10 January 2013 at 12:34pm | IP Logged 
Unofficial groupie? I'm flattered :p

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5119 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 222 of 553
10 January 2013 at 5:12pm | IP Logged 
Kez wrote:

By the way Vikings, what do you think of making a Challenge list together (maybe 1
challenge for every week, maybe even more?). And make a Beginner, Intermediate &
Advanced list?

Then we can do atleast 1 challenge a week, which you can choose from the list. And
maybe make up some kind of reward system to keep the motivation up?

I would almost suggest to you that you adapt LanguageSponge's list, because that one would work for most languages. In addition I was intending to write some language specific challenges for you, but of course any additional challenges would be a good thing, and I can easily see people advance from trell to husmann to bonde to storbonde to adelsmann to konge or something along those lines.

Kez
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 4142 days ago

181 posts - 212 votes 

Message 223 of 553
10 January 2013 at 5:20pm | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
In addition I was intending to write some language specific
challenges for you.

Please don't stop writing your challenges ^^ Your challenges are bigger, more explained
and more 'personally aimed' for the Vikings. They're really great to do.

But I was thinking about having a huge list with smaller challenges for myself, and
then I got the idea that we could do it for the whole team aswell. To create a nice
'team bond'.

And i've seen LanguageSponge's list, it's pretty much what I had in mind. So might be
an idea to copy his one and edit it a bit. That would save us quite some time :) Thanks
for notifying the list :D

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5119 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 224 of 553
10 January 2013 at 5:31pm | IP Logged 
Kez wrote:
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
In addition I was intending to write some language specific
challenges for you.

Please don't stop writing your challenges ^^ Your challenges are bigger, more explained
and more 'personally aimed' for the Vikings. They're really great to do.

But I was thinking about having a huge list with smaller challenges for myself, and
then I got the idea that we could do it for the whole team aswell. To create a nice
'team bond'.

And i've seen LanguageSponge's list, it's pretty much what I had in mind. So might be
an idea to copy his one and edit it a bit. That would save us quite some time :) Thanks
for notifying the list :D

Thank you - I thought it would be nice to have some that were specific for each language, but the challenges by LanguageSponge are really great. I have started doing them for Russian, and I feel like I have learned so much in just a few days. If one of you would take the time to do any necessary adaptions you would have a great resource right there.

This discussion contains 553 messages over 70 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version