553 messages over 70 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 ... 69 70 Next >>
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6378 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 385 of 553
12 February 2013 at 11:08pm | IP Logged 
I spent 10 days in Finland and it was great for my Swedish :) I watched Sweden-Argentina on TV, I bought a ticket Kotka-Dickursby using the Swedish interface of the ticket machine (I almost freaked out when I realized I had to use the Swedish name of the station... even though I know it very well :D). I had some other random exposure.
I'm also still reading tweets in Norwegian and understanding them well:)
It's been less good with my most important Scandinavian language :D Probably because I'm still avoiding to read it if I have no audio. So I've only read a few labels in it in Finland :) It's about a month before the league restarts (if I even manage to watch Aalborg's matches in Danish), and right now I'm focusing more on other languages. I'm hoping to watch Pocahontas in Danish this week though (dubbed, with Croatian subtitles). then some other cartoons this month:)

Edited by Serpent on 12 February 2013 at 11:08pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Marya
Diglot
Groupie
Poland
languagewanderer.com
Joined 4195 days ago

62 posts - 77 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English
Studies: Russian, Norwegian

Message 386 of 553
13 February 2013 at 10:17pm | IP Logged 
Finally I had some time and I decided to do a few challenges from the list. Here is one of them:

Challenge 4- description of your city
Beskrivelse av Gdynia
Jeg bor i Gdynia som ligger i Nord Polen. Gdynia er en ganske stor by, det er faktisk en av de største byene i
Polen sammen med Sopot og Gdańsk som ligger i nærmeste min byen. Derfor er Gdynia et fantastisk sted
for å slappe av eller beyundre. Dessuten, Gdynia er de ungste polske byer. Her ligger en havn - døra til Polen
og Gdynias symbol. I Gdynia er det mange butikker og kjøpesenter, for eksempel Klif som er veldig kjent
mellom menneskene fra min byen. Det er veldig vikte å se Świętojańska gaten fordi denne er hovedgaten i
Gdynia. Det er klart at dette sted er sentrum av Gdynia.

AlOlaf
Diglot
United States
Joined 4929 days ago

491 posts - 617 votes 
Speaks: English*, GermanC2
Studies: Danish

Message 387 of 553
14 February 2013 at 5:25pm | IP Logged 
Can I join your team? I'm trying to teach myself Danish.

liddytime
Pentaglot
United States
mainlymagyar.wordpre
Joined 6010 days ago

693 posts - 1328 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Galician
Studies: Hungarian, Vietnamese, Modern Hebrew, Norwegian, Persian, Arabic (Written)

Message 388 of 553
15 February 2013 at 1:43am | IP Logged 
Kez wrote:
So people, we're 1,5 month into TAC now. We probably have a few inactive members already
but that doesn't matter. How is it going for everyone?

I put an update on my log so I won't bore you with those details ..   However, I will say that I still haven't lost any
interest in Norwegian which is a major victory for me!!!   Despite getting killed at work and being taken out of
action by the flu, I am still powering through the Assimil course. I'm up to Leksjon 46 of the Passive wave. The
funny thing about Assimil is that I don't feel like I'm learning or retaining anything ... but then I'll listen to a
lesson 10 or 15 units back and it will be perfectly clear! Hopefully this will continue as the lessons get harder.

Every morning when I get up I look through the NRK and Aftenpost headlines to see how much I can understand.
2 weeks ago it seemed like it was ZERO, but now I feel like I can pick out quite a bit! I definitely need to get
speaking more. I just realized that this weekend I'm on call so I might miss this Skype session as well... but I'll
see how the weekend goes.

Still loving Norwegian!!!
1 person has voted this message useful

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5115 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 389 of 553
15 February 2013 at 8:56am | IP Logged 
I am leaving the country tomorrow, and will not be back until next Sunday, and I do not know whether I will
have an Internet connection, nor how much available time I will have, so I am afraid I will miss the next
Skype session as well. I wish you lots of success though.

Kez
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 4138 days ago

181 posts - 212 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English
Studies: Swedish

Message 390 of 553
15 February 2013 at 12:15pm | IP Logged 
Good to hear/see that we still have may active people :D Past days have been very busy
for me and this will stay like this for a week so I'm not able to do much Swedish at the
moment. But i'm going to try and get around 150-200 pages of reading done in 2 days ( I
did 65 yesterday so that means I should read 90 today). I'll make a log update soon
about what it is i'm doing at the moment.

And the Skype session, this sunday @ 3. Who's going to be there? We were planning on
doing a nice introduction in your TL and try to speak some more.

sans-serif
Tetraglot
Finland
Joined 4340 days ago

298 posts - 470 votes 
Speaks: Finnish*, English, German, Swedish
Studies: Danish

Message 391 of 553
15 February 2013 at 2:06pm | IP Logged 
Kez wrote:
But i'm going to try and get around 150-200 pages of reading done in 2 days ( I did 65 yesterday so that means I should read 90 today).

I'm starting to get the feeling I'm the slowest reader on the team. :-I

Count me in for the Skype session.

Kez
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 4138 days ago

181 posts - 212 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English
Studies: Swedish

Message 392 of 553
15 February 2013 at 2:12pm | IP Logged 
sans-serif wrote:
Kez wrote:
But i'm going to try and get around 150-200 pages of
reading done in 2 days ( I did 65 yesterday so that means I should read 90 today).

I'm starting to get the feeling I'm the slowest reader on the team. :-I

Count me in for the Skype session.

Haha, it doesn't mean that you're the slowest reader on the team mate. It just means
that I am able to spend quite some hours on it since I have now switched to a 3-day
work week ;)

Btw, since I'm planning on doing this whole "I want to speak more" thing, I was
wondering if there was someone who wants to do a 'Tandem' thing with me, and maybe plan
2-3 more 1 on 1 Skype sessions every week. I was thinking about maybe choosing 1
subject every week and just chat about it in Swedish. Anyone interested?

This discussion contains 553 messages over 70 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version