Triglot
Italy
Joined 5134 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 433 of 553
18 April 2013 at 11:17am | IP Logged 
Daegga was faster to link to "Specialpedagogiska skolmyndigheten", but here’s SPSM’s mission statement:
Quote:

Organisation och uppdrag
SPSM arbetar för att barn, unga och vuxna oavsett funktionsförmåga ska få förutsättningar att nå målen för sin utbildning. Det gör vi genom specialpedagogiskt stöd, undervisning i specialskolor, tillgängliga läromedel och statsbidrag.
Stödet vi erbjuder kan handla om individens lärande, pedagogers arbete eller verksamhet och organisation. Den kompetens vi erbjuder kompletterar kommunernas och skolornas egna resurser.

Source: http://www.spsm.se/sv/Om-oss/Organisation-och-uppdrag/

And a very rough translation:

Organization and Mission

SPSM works in order that children, young people and adults regardless of their ability to function have the possibility to achieve the objectives of their education. We do this through special education, teaching in special schools, teaching aids and grants.

The support we offer deals with individual's learning, teachers' work or business and organization. The expertise we offer complements municipalities’ and schools' own resources.

1 person has voted this message useful

suzukaze
Triglot
Italy
bit.ly/1bGm459
Joined 4389 days ago

186 posts - 254 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, Spanish
Studies: German, French, Swedish, Japanese

Message 434 of 553
18 April 2013 at 11:19am | IP Logged 
daegga wrote:
Look here for a short description.
The official translation is "National Agency for Special Needs Education and Schools".

Thanks a lot daegga, that link was very useful! Now that I have the official translation I can say that I was at least able to get a gist of what it meant. Not bad considering this was my very first translation attempt :)

Edit: thanks to you too, Emme!

Edited by suzukaze on 18 April 2013 at 11:48am

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6384 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 435 of 553
18 April 2013 at 2:53pm | IP Logged 
I'm still learning too. Not doing quite enough Danish though :/
I've also been thinking of LR'ing modern Icelandic, does anyone know of audiobooks in it? Right now it's more about developing a more complete picture of the Germanic languages than any serious interest in Icelandic.

daegga
Tetraglot
Austria
lang-8.com/553301
Joined 4308 days ago

1076 posts - 1792 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Swedish, Norwegian
Studies: Danish, French, Finnish, Icelandic

Message 436 of 553
18 April 2013 at 3:21pm | IP Logged 
Audiobooks exist (eg. here), but I don't know how easy it is to get them abroad (at least some are available as downloads).

Edited by daegga on 18 April 2013 at 3:23pm

Julie
Heptaglot
PolandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6690 days ago

1251 posts - 1733 votes 
5 sounds
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishB2, GermanC2, SpanishB2, Dutch, Swedish, French

Message 437 of 553
26 April 2013 at 9:22pm | IP Logged 
Hej, how is it going for you, Vikings?

@Kez, congrats on your trip and on much better Swedish comprehension and conversational skills!

My language learning is mostly all about French these days (I'm getting prepared for an important exam in the end of May, so I'm trying to use my limited free time to learn and practice as much as possible - wish me good luck :)).

My progress in Swedish has stalled: I go to the course which has gotten quite slow, though, afer the pretty intensive beginning. I hope to get back to Swedish for real after my French exam (for real = self-learning of what I believe I need :), I'm not a big fan of organized teaching after all).

In Old Icelandic I progress slowly, yet steadily (8 chapters from "Old Icelandic. An introductory course") - again, I plan to focus a little bit more on it when the exam madness is over.

To improve my Swedish conversational skills, I would like to master a list of conversational connectors (expressions such as "that is such a difficult question", "to be honest", "I am afraid that", "if I understand correctly" etc.), as understood by e.g. Anthony Lauder (click on "Connectors Starter Pack") or Benny Lewis.

Do you know any lists of Swedish expressions of this kind? Any website, book, anything? (With or without translations.) I looked for anything on the Internet and come up with nothing. (I remember finding lists of this kind for other languages also in the context of "language for presentations/public speaking" or lists of expressions for speaking parts of certificates, A-levels etc. - this didn't help me to find anything for Swedish but I might use all the wrong keywords).

If there aren't any good lists like that, would you like to collaborate on creating one? We could use English-Czech list as a starting point and inspiration, and maybe write down some expressions from the materials we use? We could also kindly ask native speakers to help us with translations and corrections. So, what do you think about it?

Edited by Julie on 26 April 2013 at 10:24pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4953 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 438 of 553
26 April 2013 at 9:50pm | IP Logged 
I see that you have set a quite wise, self-aware journey for your Swedish, Julie! It's a great idea to have those conversational connectors. I'm sure such thing doesn't exist in Georgian either =D I mean, not even in Norwegian maybe. Those are important keys to fluency, and I'm glad Anthony Lauder realized this. I'll surely resort to his blog once I start learning Czech.

Team Viking is a bit silent, and I just wanted to say that I'm happy with my progress in Norwegian so far. I'm coming close to reading fluency with a dictionary just once in a while, and I've been practicing almost daily in chatrooms. I only lack Skype practice.

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5134 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 439 of 553
26 April 2013 at 11:38pm | IP Logged 
Julie wrote:
[...]
If there aren't any good lists like that, would you like to collaborate on creating one? We could use English-Czech list as a starting point and inspiration, and maybe write down some expressions from the materials we use? We could also kindly ask native speakers to help us with translations and corrections. So, what do you think about it?

Excellent idea, Julie!

I skimmed that list and off the top of my head I could only translate

Joking aside = skämt åsido
I hope that = jag hoppas att
By the way = förresten

But I wouldn’t mind if some native speaker can confirm that these are, in fact, correct.

I suppose that by working together as a team we may be able to come up with many more translations and this might even turn into a very nice project for team Viking in the coming months!

suzukaze
Triglot
Italy
bit.ly/1bGm459
Joined 4389 days ago

186 posts - 254 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, Spanish
Studies: German, French, Swedish, Japanese

Message 440 of 553
27 April 2013 at 10:50pm | IP Logged 
Julie, you had a great idea! I will try to do my part, although my knowledge of Swedish is still limited :/

I wonder if we could port this project in other languages, I think many other learners will find it useful, no matter which languages they are studying.

This discussion contains 553 messages over 70 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version