Italy
Joined 5125 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 529 of 553
12 December 2013 at 9:15pm | IP Logged 
daegga wrote:
Just another idea. What about a "board of veterans", where members with TAC experience
step in as temporary leaders whenever they have the time and are in the mood to do so?
Maybe people would more likely take the initiative this way instead of waiting for the
team leader to come up with something. […]

I like this idea! After all it seems to have worked for this team somehow even after Julie’s participation in the TAC got derailed by real life.

daegga wrote:
[…] This would still require a "diplomat" for
interactions with the outside world, updating the first post with important information
etc. though. […]

I wonder whether the importance of the first post has been overestimated: in this thread it wasn’t updated after February and I doubt there was much editing of posts going on after that date in other parts of the thread as well.

Anyway, we still need to find someone willing to open the new thread. In the new scenario, the role of the “thread-opener” would be less daunting, I suppose. Ideally this person should be tech-savvy enough to be able to, for instance, upload pictures (personally I wouldn’t know where to start). I’ve seen that the new threads of other teams are aiming for prettiness, not just efficiency (not that a plain thread would particularly bother me).

What do the others think? We're still missing the opinions of many of you. Please, come forward with your ideas and suggestions or to volunteer!

---

Meanwhile here’s an updated list of people who’ve expressed an interest in joining the new TAC team (again apologies if I missed someone!).

Cavesa: Swedish (new entry in the Scandinavian team)
Sarnek: Swedish (new entry in the Scandinavian team)
Kez: Swedish
mick33: Swedish
WoofCreature: Norwegian
AlOlaf: Danish
Expugnator: Norwegian
daegga: Norwegian / Danish / Swedish
Suzukaze: Swedish (observer / new entry in the Scandinavian team)
Emme: Swedish
Fasulye: Danish and Norwegian
yuhakko: Norwegian (wanderluster)
jeff_lindqvist: Danish / Norwegian (active Wanderluster ?)
Othar: Norwegian (new entry in the Scandinavian team)

Edited by Emme on 13 December 2013 at 1:54am

1 person has voted this message useful

suzukaze
Triglot
Italy
bit.ly/1bGm459
Joined 4380 days ago

186 posts - 254 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, Spanish
Studies: German, French, Swedish, Japanese

Message 530 of 553
12 December 2013 at 9:34pm | IP Logged 
I'm quite familiar with both HTML coding/image editing so I'd be glad to help with all the tech-related stuff :)

Also, I like daegga's idea of having a group of experienced TAC users. If a team's leader has to leave their position for whatever reason there will be someone else capable of replacing them.

Julie
Heptaglot
PolandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6681 days ago

1251 posts - 1733 votes 
5 sounds
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishB2, GermanC2, SpanishB2, Dutch, Swedish, French

Message 531 of 553
12 December 2013 at 10:24pm | IP Logged 
I would like to join the team for the next year, if my busy schedule allows me and if you still have an open spot for me :) (the worst leader ever, argh!).

Furthermore, I find the idea of a "board of veterans" really good! The life is full of surprises and not always all that compatible with language learning / on-line activities, as I have had to learn this year the hard way. It is good to have some possible replacement, and it is generally great to have more people engaged and coming up with team activities.

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5125 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 

Message 532 of 553
12 December 2013 at 11:01pm | IP Logged 
@Julie

You're most certainly welcome back in the old/new Scandinavian team! ;-)

---

One by one, little by little, it looks like we’re slowly approaching the default active-member limit of 15. Are we ok with that limit? IIRC the limit can be changed if the team agrees. Personally I’m ok with the 15-member limit since the majority of the team is made up of senior members and so the drop-out rate shouldn’t be too dramatic this year.

But should we discuss the matter before we actually reach it? Please, voice your opinions.

Here’s the updated list:

Cavesa: Swedish (new entry in the Scandinavian team)
Sarnek: Swedish (new entry in the Scandinavian team)
Kez: Swedish
mick33: Swedish
WoofCreature: Norwegian
AlOlaf: Danish
Expugnator: Norwegian
daegga: Norwegian / Danish / Swedish
Suzukaze: Swedish (observer / new entry in the Scandinavian team)
Emme: Swedish
Fasulye: Danish and Norwegian
yuhakko: Norwegian (wanderluster)
jeff_lindqvist: Danish / Norwegian (active Wanderluster ?)
Othar: Norwegian (new entry in the Scandinavian team)
Serpent: Danish / Swedish (observer)
Julie: Swedish

Edited by Emme on 13 December 2013 at 1:54am

2 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6375 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 533 of 553
13 December 2013 at 12:04am | IP Logged 
Observers aren't supposed to count towards the limit, although it's up to the team to decide.

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5125 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 

Message 534 of 553
13 December 2013 at 1:55am | IP Logged 
You’re right, Serpent, and that’s why I said we’re getting there (but we’re not there yet).

If everybody on the list confirms their status, we’ve got 13* active members already signed-up and 3 wanderlusters/observers. I think we’d better get the conversation going on the upper number we agree to accept before a 16th person asks to be part of the new team, so we don’t have to either reject them only because of the default limit or put them in stand-by until we decide whether to allow them in or not. I honestly think that would be unpleasant and awkward to do.

*Until we hear from jeff_lindqvist I think we should count him as one of the active ones, though maybe he really intends to be simply a wandeluster/observer.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5112 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 535 of 553
13 December 2013 at 7:24am | IP Logged 
Since you are a multilingual group, if there are too many you may of course go for one Swedish team and a
Norwegian/Danish team too, if you like. Though our experience at team MIR is that it is better to go with a
larger group, even if it is 23-24, because people disappear along the way. It is sensible to stop around 15 in
the first place, because if the final count is 30, two teams of 15 have a better survival chance than one of 10
and one of 20, but it is good to be flexible in the end.

Ogrim
Heptaglot
France
Joined 4417 days ago

991 posts - 1896 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English, Spanish, French, Romansh, German, Italian
Studies: Russian, Catalan, Latin, Greek, Romanian

Message 536 of 553
13 December 2013 at 11:02am | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
I would also like to vacate the position as fairy Godmother for Norwegian :-) I have loved working with you
guys, but it is always good to have some fresh blood, and someone with new ideas.

If no one comes forward I am willing to step in, but if someone with lots of new energy and ideas come by and could do it, that would be even better.

I don't know if I have lots of energy and ideas, but I am willing to consider taking up the role - in my case as Godfather - if you don't get any other enthusiastic candidates.

In case you don't refuse the offer, I'll try to keep track as best as I can and contribute when needed. However, I do hope that Cristina will still be around to complement my input with her excellent advice.

This discussion contains 553 messages over 70 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version