justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5209 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 33 of 89
23 December 2012 at 8:56pm | IP Logged 

Hello, nosundays! Welcome aboard!

I am using Assimil's Le Croate and will also use Colloquial Croatian and Serbian.

Annette, are you out there? Come and join us!
2 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6411 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 34 of 89
23 December 2012 at 10:31pm | IP Logged 
Terve:)
I'm lucky as a native speaker of Russian so I just read and listen. My favourite resource is GLOSS, I've even done a few French lessons there though I hate French... It has awesome stuff for Croatian and Serbian! ♥♥♥
1 person has voted this message useful

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6970 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 35 of 89
24 December 2012 at 2:18am | IP Logged 
nosundays wrote:
Hey you all,

I am so happy to see that there is a Croatian team! I lived in Croatia for nine months back in 2009 but honestly
didn't learn very much as... oh well mainly because I was lazy and self-conscious about my skills. Anyways I would
love to start learning the language again and therefore join your team if possible. I wonder what books/resources do
you use to learn Croatian? I haven't been able to find very many decent books/programs to learn Croatian. Any
suggestions?

Hvala ti!

I got my start with TY Croatian and Introduction to the Croatian and Serbian Language. I also had a copy of Standard English-SerboCroatian, SerboCroatian-English Dictionary and bilingual dictionaries for speakers of German or Hungarian. Since my studies then, there's plenty of newer material including some good stuff online for free (GLOSS mentioned by Serpent is excellent once you're past the raw beginner's stage). The profile for BCMS has some information on available courses and links to learning material.

Sretno!

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 5956 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 36 of 89
27 December 2012 at 7:29pm | IP Logged 
Bok svima! Nadam se da ste imali sretan Božić, onima koji ga slavite. :) Konačno sam stigao napisati uvod mom logu za novu godinu, evo ga link.

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a merry Christmas, to those who celebrate it. :) I finally got around to writing the introduction to my log for the new year, so here's the link.

HodorIsKing
Diglot
United States
Joined 4163 days ago

6 posts - 6 votes
Speaks: English*, Latin
Studies: French, Spanish, Croatian

Message 37 of 89
28 December 2012 at 6:46am | IP Logged 
Hello! Any chance I could join this team? I went to Croatia this past summer and fell in
love with the language. My knowledge is VERY limited at this point, and I'd love to
"annihilate" it this coming year.

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5209 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 38 of 89
28 December 2012 at 7:01am | IP Logged 

Welcome to the team, HodorIsKing!

Annette will also be joining us, as soon as the powers that be activate her. Who knew anyone did anything like new accounts manually anymore? :)

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6411 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 39 of 89
28 December 2012 at 8:29am | IP Logged 
Spam is a bitch... that's why i love my job:)
Thought I'd link you to this thread. Meh.

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 5956 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 40 of 89
03 January 2013 at 2:39am | IP Logged 
Sretna Nova godina svima! Imao sam priliku dočekati Novu Godinu s prijateljima na glavnom trgu Zagreba ove godine, i moram reći da je to bilo baš ludilo tamo! Ali sam ipak jako sretan da sam mogao slaviti Novu Godinu ovdje u Hrvatskoj. Evo vam par slika od Trga Bana Jelačića u Zagrebu -- prvu sam naslikao 11 sekundi prije ponoći kad je bio trg pun ljudi, a drugu sam naslikao sljedećeg popodneva kad je bilo sve prazno... pitam se zašto. ;) Samo malo hrvatske kulture za vas.

Happy New Year, everyone! I had the opportunity to ring in the New Year with friends on the main square of Zagreb this year, and I must say that it was just madness there! But I'm still very happy to have been able to celebrate New Year's in Croatia. Here are a couple pictures of Ban Jelačić Square in Zagreb -- the first I took 11 seconds before midnight when the square was full of people, and the second I took the next afternoon when it was all empty... I wonder why. ;) Just a bit of Croatian culture for you all.

(Sorry for the annoyingly different image sizes. I took one with my camera and one with my iPod, so they were different sizes to begin with. And it's just too late now for me to continue grappling with the computer technology to figure out how to make them the same size.)

Edited by ellasevia on 03 January 2013 at 2:45am

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 89 messages over 12 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46 7 8 9 10 11 12  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version