Joined 4103 days ago

13 posts - 15 votes
Speaks: English, Spanish*, German
Studies: Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 45 of 167
29 January 2013 at 6:42pm | IP Logged 
Hello all,

I am in the process of learning Turkish, and would like to join this team. I have only studied the language five days, so I'm a beginner, but I am putting in a lot of time and effort to learning. I have already finished several lessons on grammar. Although I don't have much vocabulary, the grammar rules make much sense to me, so I am positive I can improve greatly; especially with all the time I am dedicating. It's been 5 days, but overall I've studied a little over 20 hours. When I want something I go for it, and I really want to learn this language !
I literally became a member of this website today, so I have much to learn about it. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out, as far as how to become a part of the team, and what exactly are the requirements of the team.
Thank you for your attention !

V/R
sin123ned
1 person has voted this message useful

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6942 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 46 of 167
30 January 2013 at 8:01am | IP Logged 
Update for Finnish, Northern Saami, and Turkish

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6942 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 47 of 167
30 January 2013 at 8:08am | IP Logged 
sin123ned wrote:
Hello all,

I am in the process of learning Turkish, and would like to join this team. I have only studied the language five days, so I'm a beginner, but I am putting in a lot of time and effort to learning. I have already finished several lessons on grammar. Although I don't have much vocabulary, the grammar rules make much sense to me, so I am positive I can improve greatly; especially with all the time I am dedicating. It's been 5 days, but overall I've studied a little over 20 hours. When I want something I go for it, and I really want to learn this language !
I literally became a member of this website today, so I have much to learn about it. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out, as far as how to become a part of the team, and what exactly are the requirements of the team.
Thank you for your attention !

V/R
sin123ned

Hoş geldın! You're on the team as long as you are studying Turkish. Unlike other teams, things are very loose here and I'm not that keen on organizing internal challenges or Skype sessions. The main point is to learn Turkish, and no one cares how you go about doing it. Being on the team is also a way for you to vent about or bring up difficulties that you encounter. Perhaps one of us can give a second opinion or even pass on helpful links for Turkish.

I will let Brun Ugle know that you want to join, and she'll add you to the master list of teams here

sin123ned
Triglot
Pro Member
Germany
Joined 4103 days ago

13 posts - 15 votes
Speaks: English, Spanish*, German
Studies: Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 48 of 167
30 January 2013 at 11:37am | IP Logged 
Chung,

Sounds good. Thanks for the reply. At the moment I am working with the book "Türkisch für Dummies". I'm studying Turkish in German, that way I keep learning more Deutsch in the process. So far it is pretty awesome. The book really breaks down the grammar. I mean, I'm only like on page 70, but so far so good !
The only thing I see myself having trouble with is remembering words. My native languages are English and Spanish. Then I learned German, and now I'm working with Turkish; it can get overwhelming. If you know of any tips for learning vocabulary, feel free to let me know.

Thank you !

This discussion contains 167 messages over 21 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 57 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version