United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5317 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 169 of 246
15 March 2014 at 9:12pm | IP Logged 
Speaking of the Hunger Games, I need to get back to reading that at some point. I have the
bilingual (English + Korean) version of the first book, but stopped reading a short ways in.
The story was interesting enough, so I'm not sure why I stopped.
1 person has voted this message useful

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5177 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Studies: Spanish

Message 170 of 246
17 March 2014 at 1:09am | IP Logged 
So I finally got caught up with everyone's logs this afternoon. I'm super impressed with Team Lobo so far this year. There's lots of great discussion on the logs. A few good ones for Triomphe and Gumiho, too.

The other teams, I will catch up with you, some day. Maybe after I move in May. :)

I spent an hour putting my different TAC teams into different filter folders, and for some reason it didn't work. If I put from: "Language Learning Forum" and subject "Spanish OR Lobo" shouldn't it work? I don't understand. Some days I hate technology!

I also started a new justpaste.it page, which is mostly for the Super Challenge, but I'll probably also keep track of other challenges (like the learning challenge this April) there, too. It's the link below my name, so it's easy to keep track of, for anyone who's interested in what I'm reading or watching.

I noticed a bunch of the Japanese team started blogs last year to keep track of their Super Challenge progress, which is a really cool idea. It would be kind of neat to have a non-HTLAL blog that keeps track of some of my language learning adventures. It would be cool to write reviews of the movies and books that I read, plus my thoughts on what works and what doesn't. It would be cool a few years down the road to remember what I watched, what level I was at, what I thought of something, and see if re-watching or re-reading it would bring another perspective.

Time for my weekend to be over. Monday morning comes *really* early around here - like at 4am. :D Tomorrow I will think of what I want to do for my Learning Challenge. I'm thinking something with Korean writing, French vocab, and maybe some Assimil for Italian. I'm really leaning towards doing a Super Challenge in Italian this time around, too. I won't start that until I have 2,000 pages read in French, though.

Edited by Kerrie on 23 March 2014 at 1:55am

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6379 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 171 of 246
17 March 2014 at 1:43am | IP Logged 
Awwww, so lovely to hear that you're considering Italian too!

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5177 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 

Message 172 of 246
23 March 2014 at 7:26pm | IP Logged 
I see an end in sight. I have someone coming to look at my house Friday (3/28), so this weekend (and the beginning of next week) is all about getting the house cleaned out, cleaned up, and looking nice. I expect we'll get an offer within a month and be able to move in May. It will be nice timing for the start of the Super Challenge, round two. :D

Between the house situation and the job situation, my stress level should be going back down to a manageable level, and I'm really getting excited about having time (and mental energy) to devote to languages again.

Once I have the house appointment on Friday afternoon, the rest is out of my hands (until I get an offer, which I'm guessing will be about a month), and that is perfect timing for the Learning Based Challenge in April, and our March/April Korean Team Challenge.

My goals:
1. Korean: Write 120 sentences (5x each)
2. French: Learn 450 words (15 per day avg)
                     from intensively reading HP1 (ch 1-2)
3. Italian: 28 Assimil lessons

Edited by Kerrie on 12 April 2014 at 3:02am

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5177 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 

Message 173 of 246
23 March 2014 at 7:30pm | IP Logged 
On a side note, I'm looking for the Assimil Norvegien sans Peine book.

Anyone know where I can find a copy for cheaper than Schoenhofs? It's about $50 USD there.

I don't need the audio, just the book, but everywhere I've looked has crazy shipping charges (to USA), so I'm a little frustrated. :)

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5317 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 174 of 246
23 March 2014 at 9:29pm | IP Logged 
There is currently an Amazon 3rd party reseller with a new copy (shipping from NY) for
$39.95 + $3.99 shipping:
LINK

Actually that seller has a copy for $39.95 and one for $59.95 (both new), so I'm not sure
why the difference. Even for the latter, it's only $3.99 shipping though which may make it
worthwhile.

Edited by Warp3 on 30 March 2014 at 2:49pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5177 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 

Message 175 of 246
23 March 2014 at 10:15pm | IP Logged 
Thanks Shane!

It's funny how I look all over the place, and forget the most obvious of all. I've looked before on Amazon, and haven't seen the prices that low. I have an almost-$20-credit coming to me soon on Amazon, so hopefully they will still have it then. Maybe I will be able to get it after all. :)

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5177 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 

Message 176 of 246
14 April 2014 at 12:20am | IP Logged 
I am having a problem getting email notifications from HTLAL. They are not coming through right. It appears that they are "coming" from MY email address (is this normal?), and I am getting a notification failure (that the email didn't go through) for some, but not all of them. Can anyone help?

This discussion contains 246 messages over 31 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version