248 messages over 31 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 ... 30 31 Next >>
tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4493 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 145 of 248
08 March 2013 at 9:13pm | IP Logged 
Jag vet att du förmodligen är fortfarande upptagen, men jag önskar dig mer lycka i livet.
1 person has voted this message useful

Ogrim
Heptaglot
France
Joined 4425 days ago

991 posts - 1896 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English, Spanish, French, Romansh, German, Italian
Studies: Russian, Catalan, Latin, Greek, Romanian

Message 146 of 248
08 March 2013 at 10:15pm | IP Logged 
I hope you will be back to your old self very soon, we miss you. Varme tanker og de beste ønsker fra din
mannlige språk-alter ego. Vi trenger deg her på HTLAL.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5120 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 147 of 248
08 March 2013 at 11:25pm | IP Logged 
Tarvos and Ogrim: Thanks for the encouragement. I really need that right now.

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4501 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 148 of 248
08 March 2013 at 11:56pm | IP Logged 
You certainly will be back soon, Cristina! But first things first, family in 1st place =)

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4630 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 149 of 248
10 March 2013 at 12:56pm | IP Logged 
Hey Cristina, I hope things will soon get better for you. We really miss you on Team MIR!

Best wishes!

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5120 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 150 of 248
15 March 2013 at 11:58am | IP Logged 
@fabriziocarraro and @josquin. Thank you for the encouragment, that means a lot to me right now.

So I have actually done a couple of language related things this week. On Monday I started with a course in Italian conversation with my sister. My Italian was getting rusty, and we decided that since we both have crazy schedules, a group consisting of just the two of us, where we could reschedule any class as late as the day before, would be perfect. We were supposed to have started in January, but things kept getting in the way. This week we finally got started.

I really enjoyed going, but we are at slightly different levels - I am a B1 and my sister is more of a high A2, and in addition I am "more the Italian type" as my teacher said it, where she is more Norwegian, so I really have to hold back, and make sure that she gets the chance to answer any question first, before I try to. I have a really close connection with my sister, I consider her one of my best friends, so I think we will do all right.

The only Russian I have done this week is listening a bit to Assimil while doing housework, I have also had long conversations in Spanish, and I am watching masses of "Pretty Little Liars" in French with my kids (I am about to be able to take a degree in series intended for teen agers) - and of course I get English as part of my work. Little in the way of formal studies though, but I'll get there eventually.

Edited by Solfrid Cristin on 15 March 2013 at 11:59am

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
teango.wordpress.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5342 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Russian
Studies: Hawaiian, French, Toki Pona

Message 151 of 248
17 March 2013 at 10:02am | IP Logged 
Space Capt. Cristina, Lt. Teango reporting in...

Sorry to hear you've been going through a rough asteroid field lately; I hope things start to settle down and life charts a smoother course for you soon. I've been lost in space myself these last couple of months, but am finally starting to see some light at the end of the wormhole (or more appropriately, "work-hole").

Here's to firing up the engines and jump-starting our language learning back into spacefaring action by April! And on a more earthbound note in the meantime, here's a little something from our ground control station in the Pacific.

Edited by Teango on 17 March 2013 at 10:03am

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4493 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 152 of 248
20 March 2013 at 1:59pm | IP Logged 
Ah, you will be fine with your Italian, it will all come back soon enough :)

This discussion contains 248 messages over 31 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version