248 messages over 31 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 ... 30 31 Next >>
prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4618 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English, Bulgarian, Croatian
Studies: Slovenian, Macedonian, Persian, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Dutch, Swedish, German, Italian, Armenian, Kurdish

Message 177 of 248
26 June 2013 at 12:36pm | IP Logged 
Don't know what to write, but it's nice to see you again (especially that I know what the word "crisis" means).
1 person has voted this message useful

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4474 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 178 of 248
26 June 2013 at 4:19pm | IP Logged 
Again, I'm glad to have you back, Cristina. You've been missed =)

embici
Triglot
CanadaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4369 days ago

263 posts - 370 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, French
Studies: Greek

Message 179 of 248
26 June 2013 at 5:29pm | IP Logged 
Your absence was felt, Cristina, and it is so nice to see you back. The best of luck to you in this new stage of your life.

3 persons have voted this message useful

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4603 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 180 of 248
26 June 2013 at 6:02pm | IP Logged 
Good to see you're back, Cristina. I wish you all the best for your future. Tough times come, but the good thing is they also pass.

Желаю тебе всего хорошего!

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5093 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 181 of 248
28 July 2013 at 11:06am | IP Logged 
@prz , fabriziocarraro, embici and Josquin. Thank you all for your kind wishes. They mean a lot to me.

I am on the airport getting ready to go to Kyiv for a two weeks' Russian course. After several months of
limited language activity, it feels strange to try to read Russian again, so I am hoping that my brain will go
from semi-dormant to light speed as soon as my feet hit Ukrainian soil.

I tried to read a bit from a French/Russian version of Russian short stories by Dostojevski, Chekhov,
Tourgeniev, and Tolstoy on the airport express, but between the noise of the train and a really cute and
chatty baby in front of me, I did not pass five sentences. I guess I will have to wait until I get to the flat where
it will be nice and quiet.

Last time I had 6 private classes a day. This time I have opted for four group sessions and two private
lessons a day. A friend of mine said I was the only person she knew who would consider 6 Russian classes a
day a vacation, but this year it was all I could do. Fortunately it looks like it will not be as hot as last time.
Then we were dealing with 38-39 degrees every day, this time it will be in the twenties I hope.

I have mixed feelings about going. On one hand I am really excited to go, and look forward to learning a lot.
On the other hand I am embarrassed at not having made all that much progress in the three years which
have passed. My story with Russian goes from five steps forward and four back, to five steps forward and five
back. Right now I am more at the five steps forward and six back level. The Russian equivalent of "I know
nooothing". To quote Fawlty Towers.

I am trying to comfort myself with the fact that three years ago I did not even master survival Russian, and
now I can do that, at least. I am hoping that the course will provide both a major boost in my skills and in my
motivation.

My daughter and I are considering the idea that we might go and stay 6 months in Russia in a couple of
years. My youngest one wants to go to the US for a year, so my oldest daughter and I thought we could take
the opportunity and go to Russia. That I have a job I need to go to, and that we at the moment have
absolutely no money with which to make such dreams come true, are of course only minor details that will
have to be overcome some way or another. Where there is a will there is a way :-)

Hope you are all having a great summer!

3 persons have voted this message useful

stelingo
Hexaglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5591 days ago

722 posts - 1076 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian
Studies: Russian, Czech, Polish, Greek, Mandarin

Message 182 of 248
29 July 2013 at 1:57am | IP Logged 
Nice to see you back Cristina. Glad that you are making it through the hard times and also getting back to your language studies. Are you doing classes at Nova Mova again? I was there exactly 2 years ago.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5093 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 183 of 248
30 July 2013 at 1:00pm | IP Logged 
Yep. Sitting at NovaMova waiting for a new class to begin in 1 minute. :-)

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4618 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English, Bulgarian, Croatian
Studies: Slovenian, Macedonian, Persian, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Dutch, Swedish, German, Italian, Armenian, Kurdish

Message 184 of 248
30 July 2013 at 2:21pm | IP Logged 
Я надеюсь, что всë будет хорошо :)

This discussion contains 248 messages over 31 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version