248 messages over 31 pages: 1 24 5 6 7 ... 3 ... 30 31 Next >>
tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4489 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 17 of 248
31 December 2012 at 11:21am | IP Logged 
By next year you two will be reciting Tolstoy. And I will sit here miserably. :)
1 person has voted this message useful

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5116 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 18 of 248
31 December 2012 at 11:51am | IP Logged 
tarvos wrote:
By next year you two will be reciting Tolstoy. And I will sit here miserably. :)

Ha, ha! Says the one who writes Russian all the time to the one who cannot write what her name is or how old she is in Russian.

You are way ahead of me, pal!

Besides I cannot recite anything. When my oldest daughter was not yet a year old, I spent a week trying to learn the lyrics of the children's song Nøtteliten bor i toppen på et tre.

I did not succeed. So for me to recite Tolstoy I would have needed brain surgery, as in getting a brand new one:-)

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4489 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 19 of 248
31 December 2012 at 11:54am | IP Logged 
You don't need to be able to write Russian to recite it, and besides; as Mark will tell
you, my Russian isn't worth a dime :)

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5116 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian

Message 20 of 248
31 December 2012 at 1:21pm | IP Logged 
tarvos wrote:
You don't need to be able to write Russian to recite it, and besides; as Mark will tell
you, my Russian isn't worth a dime :)

We both know that this is not true :-)

espejismo
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4833 days ago

498 posts - 905 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: Spanish, Greek, Azerbaijani

Message 21 of 248
31 December 2012 at 1:44pm | IP Logged 
Успехов в новом году, Кристина! С Наступающим!
By the way, Tolstoy wrote very short stories and fables for children, so who knows, tarvos might be right. ;)

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4489 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 

Message 22 of 248
01 January 2013 at 2:42pm | IP Logged 
Gott nytt år!

Lycka till med ryska och grekiska! (Jag vet mycket väl att du klarar dig bra själv).

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5040 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 23 of 248
01 January 2013 at 5:02pm | IP Logged 
Hey! I just want to drop by and say hello. I am on the second Russian team and I really
look forward to reading your log! I know you are very motivated with Russian (I remember
from one of the 6WCs!) so it will be very exciting to read about your experiences. Good
luck!

С Новым Годом!

riff
United States
Joined 5076 days ago

32 posts - 36 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 24 of 248
01 January 2013 at 9:35pm | IP Logged 
Привет Cristina! I've also taken a few night classes over the past few years and yet I
still feel like a complete beginner when it comes to speaking the language or having
vocabulary stick. It's quite frustrating, but there's something about Russian that makes
me not want to quit :). In fact, I took a trip to Russia last summer and that was a huge
boost to my motivation and also a severe reality check on my language skills, or lack
thereof, heh. I look forward to following your progress. Успехов!

This discussion contains 248 messages over 31 pages: << Prev 1 24 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version