Joined 5127 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 33 of 248
04 January 2013 at 4:03pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for all your comments!

@tarvos: Godt Nytt År til deg også!

@zecchino1991: Yes, I am big on motivation, not quite so impressive on results though :-)Happy New Year to you too!

@riff You mirror my feelings for Russian exactly!

@ancpem1: Thank you!

@Emme: Thank you, I wish you all the best too!

@Expugnator: I am afraid that I have so little time to study, that I do not get very far with my Russian. Babysteps :-)

@Stelingo: Thank you! I like Greek more and more the more I study it too. I do not know if I will be going to Ukraine this year, but I sure would like to!

@Wort: I always need more luck, and I may take you up on your offer!

@fabriciocarraro: I sure hope so!

@Toffeeliz: Thanks, Happy New Year to you too!

@Kerrie: I am really happy to be on the same team as you as well, and of course we will aim for the stars, we are on a space station :-)

JANUARY GOALS
I think LanguageSponge's idea about monthly goals was brilliant, so I will follow in his footsteps:

RUSSIAN GOALS
- See 8 movies
- Read 300 pages (iiik - no idea how I am going to do that - but I was supposed to read 10 000 pages over 18 months, and after 8 months I have read 300, so I really need to step on it!)
- Attend 16 private lessons in Russian Conversation
- Listen to Russian language courses at every chance (Assimil, Pimsleur, Michel Thomas, Sosiedi, Russian in Your car, Teach yourself Russian Conversation)
- Do 4 chapters of TY Russian Grammar
- One or two of LanguageSponge's small challenges?

GREEK GOALS
- 5 lessons in Assimil Greek
- 5 lessons in Pimsleur Greek
- 5 lessons in Michel Thomas Greek
- 3 lessons in "Nygrekiska"   
Thanks for all your comments!

@tarvos: Godt Nytt År til deg også!

@zecchino1991: Yes, I am big on motivation, not quite so impressive on results though :-)Happy New Year to you too!

@riff You mirror my feelings for Russian exactly!

ancpem1: Thank you!

@Emme: Thank you, I wish you all the best too!

@Expugnator: I am afraid that I have so little time to study, that I do not get very far with my Russian. Babysteps :-)

@Stelingo: Thank you! I like Greek more and more the more I study it too. I do not know if I will be going to Ukraine this year, but I sure would like to!

@Wort: I always need more luck, and I may take you up on your offer!

@fabriciocarraro: I sure hope so!

@Toffeeliz: Thanks, Happy New Year to you too!

@Kerrie: I am really happy to be on the same team as you as well, and of course we will aim for the stars, we are on a space station :-)

JANUARY GOALS
I think LanguageSponge's idea about monthly goals was brilliant, so I will follow in his footsteps:

RUSSIAN GOALS
- See 8 movies
- Read 300 pages (iiik - no idea how I am going to do that - but I was supposed to read 10 000 pages over 18 months, and after 8 months I have read 300, so I really need to step on it!)
- Attend 16 private lessons in Russian Conversation
- Listen to Russian language courses at every chance (Assimil, Pimsleur, Michel Thomas, Sosiedi, Russian in Your car, Teach yourself Russian Conversation)
- Do 4 chapters of TY Russian Grammar

GREEK GOALS
- 5 lessons in Assimil Greek
- 5 lessons in Pimsleur Greek
- 5 lessons in Michel Thomas Greek
- 3 lessons in "Nygrekiska"   

ITALIAN GOALS
- Read 300 pages in Italian

FRENCH GOALS
- See 20 episodes of series in French
- read 600 pages in French

SPANISH GOALS
- See 10 episodes of Dexter in Spanish

ARABIC GOALS
- Learn a few greetings and essential words and the numbers
- Use them repeatedly the week I am in Egypt

NORWEGIAN GOALS
- Read 5 chapters of "Norwegian - verbs and essentials of grammar"

(I presently do not have the grammar vocabulary to help my Viking Godchildren effectively. I intend to change that :-)

GERMAN GOALS
None:-) German will have to wait for the time being.

I have no idea whether all this is feasible, but at the end of the month I should have a better idea of how much I can manage to get done in a month.

Edited by Solfrid Cristin on 04 January 2013 at 4:06pm

1 person has voted this message useful

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4500 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 34 of 248
04 January 2013 at 4:10pm | IP Logged 
Du är lite mer ambitiös än jag, hahaha! Vad gäller filmen på ryska; kan du rekommendera
något som har undertiteln på ryska? Jag tror att jag klarar när de är på engelska, men
jag vill höra hur ljudet och bokstavningen kommer överens. Kanske behöver jag plocka
genom nätet och hitta de där filmen själv.

Edited by tarvos on 04 January 2013 at 4:11pm

Ogrim
Heptaglot
France
Joined 4432 days ago

991 posts - 1896 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English, Spanish, French, Romansh, German, Italian
Studies: Russian, Catalan, Latin, Greek, Romanian

Message 35 of 248
04 January 2013 at 4:16pm | IP Logged 
I am impressed Cristina! My January goals are much more modest. I look forward to following your progress, especially with regards to Russian and our common team language Greek.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5127 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 

Message 36 of 248
04 January 2013 at 4:17pm | IP Logged 
Mesteparten av mine filmer er amerikanske filmer som er dubbet til russisk, uten undertekster. Alt fra Disneyfilmer til action til chick flicks. Jeg har mistanke om at ingenting av det er noe for deg :-)

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5127 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 

Message 37 of 248
04 January 2013 at 4:19pm | IP Logged 
Ogrim wrote:
I am impressed Cristina! My January goals are much more modest. I look forward to following your progress, especially with regards to Russian and our common team language Greek.

And I just read your goals, thinking: "You crazy woman, how on earth do you think you will be able to do all you have said you want to do. This is what a sane list of goals looks like :-)"

I will probably be less ambitious next month...

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4500 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 38 of 248
04 January 2013 at 4:36pm | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Mesteparten av mine filmer er amerikanske filmer som er dubbet
til russisk, uten undertekster. Alt fra Disneyfilmer til action til chick flicks. Jeg
har mistanke om at ingenting av det er noe for deg :-)

Action kommer jag nog att tycka om. Chick flicks... det är en annan historia. Men jag
tycker inte om att dubba i allmänhet. Förresten, även om du är inte medlemmar på
Vkontakte kan du troligen hitta alla filmer som helst på VK. Det är en riktigt
guldmina, men jag tror att de flesta filmerna har inga undertexter. Det är därför att
jag har bestämt att vänta med titta på de där filmen för jag kan inte riktigt förstå
ryska utan något hjälp från kontexten.

Tack för hjälp i alla fall. Jag hoppas att det är inte besvärande för dig om jag
skriver på svenska här? Du kan svara på norska, jag förstår mer och mindre.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5127 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 

Message 39 of 248
04 January 2013 at 6:25pm | IP Logged 
tarvos wrote:
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Mesteparten av mine filmer er amerikanske filmer som er dubbet
til russisk, uten undertekster. Alt fra Disneyfilmer til action til chick flicks. Jeg
har mistanke om at ingenting av det er noe for deg :-)

Action kommer jag nog att tycka om. Chick flicks... det är en annan historia. Men jag
tycker inte om att dubba i allmänhet. Förresten, även om du är inte medlemmar på
Vkontakte kan du troligen hitta alla filmer som helst på VK. Det är en riktigt
guldmina, men jag tror att de flesta filmerna har inga undertexter. Det är därför att
jag har bestämt att vänta med titta på de där filmen för jag kan inte riktigt förstå
ryska utan något hjälp från kontexten.

Tack för hjälp i alla fall. Jag hoppas att det är inte besvärande för dig om jag
skriver på svenska här? Du kan svara på norska, jag förstår mer och mindre.

Det er bare hyggelig at du skriver på svensk. Du er jo så flink til det!

LanguageSponge
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5559 days ago

1197 posts - 1487 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Welsh, Russian, Japanese, Slovenian, Greek, Italian

Message 40 of 248
04 January 2013 at 6:47pm | IP Logged 
Привет Кристина,

Больших успехов в изучении твоих языков в этом году. Я немного польщён, что ты решила следовать моему примеру и ставить ежемесячные цели. Я думаю, что в самом начале лучше пометить высоко. От февраля будешь лучше знать твои недостатки, и потом сможешь ставить более реалистичные цели. А пока, тянись за звёздами!

Джек

Hi Cristina,

Good luck with your languages this year. I am a bit flattered that you have decided to follow my example of setting monthly goals. I think it's better to aim high right at the start. From February you'll know your limitations better and then you'll be able to set more realistic goals. But for now, reach for the stars!

Jack

Edited by LanguageSponge on 04 January 2013 at 6:49pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 248 messages over 31 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version