Czech Republic
Joined 5144 days ago

1243 posts - 1458 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech, Spanish
Studies: Italian, Polish, Slovak, Hungarian, Toki Pona, Russian

Message 9 of 13
03 January 2013 at 2:14pm | IP Logged 
Szia!

Melyik nyelv a kedvenced és a legfontosabb neked? Kérdezek, mert sokod van.
1 person has voted this message useful

Danac
Diglot
Denmark
Joined 5143 days ago

162 posts - 257 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, English
Studies: German, Serbo-Croatian, French, Russian, Esperanto

Message 10 of 13
03 January 2013 at 3:26pm | IP Logged 
hribecek wrote:
Szia!

Melyik nyelv a kedvenced és a legfontosabb neked? Kérdezek, mert sokod van.

Hmm, first things first, just to make sure I get it right: Which language is your
favourite and the most important one for you? I'm asking (could it be -lek here as
well?), because there are/you have a lot.

Well, if I got it right, one of the most important ones is probably BCMS, since I see
myself either living in one of the countries where it's spoken or working there at some
point. I don't have any set plans as of this moment, but it's always on the table.
However, progress is a bit slow here, since I'm at the much dreaded intermediate level.
There are plenty of things I can do, but I'm still a bit insecure when it comes to
literature and such, and understanding native speech can also be a bit tricky
occasionally. It's probably just a question of being exposed to more of each, so it's
fine.

Apart from that, my interest in languages is more based on, well, personal interest,
possible travel opportunities and what has caught my fancy over time, mixed with a
couple of languages I learned in school (Spanish and German).

hribecek
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 5144 days ago

1243 posts - 1458 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech, Spanish
Studies: Italian, Polish, Slovak, Hungarian, Toki Pona, Russian

Message 11 of 13
03 January 2013 at 4:31pm | IP Logged 
Danac wrote:

Hmm, first things first, just to make sure I get it right: Which language is your
favourite and the most important one for you? I'm asking (could it be -lek here as
well?), because there are/you have a lot.
Yes, that is what I was trying to ask. My Hungarian is pretty bad and there are probably mistakes there, so I'm glad you understood!

Regarding the '/lek' possibility, 'kérdez' is followed by the 'től' postposition (it's not the accusative case), so it would be 'kérdezek tőled' for 'I'm asking you'.

When I wrote 'sokod van', I meant 'you have a lot', not 'there are a lot'.

I can't believe I'm advising somebody else with their Hungarian (first time for me!). Hopefully Maxval will read this and correct me if I'm wrong with anything.

Danac
Diglot
Denmark
Joined 5143 days ago

162 posts - 257 votes 

Message 12 of 13
23 January 2013 at 10:19pm | IP Logged 
It's been a while since I posted anything here, but I've been plodding along in most of my
languages. It's been mostly passive in most of my languages, which means listening to some
podcasts and watching more than a little TV with various foreign language subtitles.

I also recently encountered a Bosnian man at my local pizza place who thought so highly of
my BCMS skills that he would recommend me to an acquaintance of his who is involved with
translating and interpretation. Although I found it flattering, I'm not exactly sure I'm
eligible for that kind of work, but I'll be checking it out.

I've had a look at some Hungarian and even wrote a couple of sentences, so here goes
nothing.

Miért tanulok magyarul? Mert azt hiszem hogy egy érdekes nyelv van, bár nehéz. Nekem tetszik
a magyar nyelv hangja. Sok magánhangzó van, mint dánul. Szerintem a magyar népzene gyönyörű.
Különösen szeretem a magyar népzenét Moldvából, énekkel és kobzával, de az egész jó.

Just so everyone knows what (some of) the Hungarian music of Moldavia sounds like, here it
is:

Fábri Géza & Ivánovics Tünde - Tavaszi Szél
Here
Fábri Géza - Búzaszemet szed a galamb
Here
Kalagor - Szép Fehér Pekulár
Here

Uživajte!

Danac
Diglot
Denmark
Joined 5143 days ago

162 posts - 257 votes 

Message 13 of 13
24 January 2013 at 10:40pm | IP Logged 
Ok, after about a year of studying Slovak on-off, I guess I finally decided to write a
couple of lines in Slovak.

Chcel by som napísať niečo po slovenský lebo viac-menej nie som napísal ničo predtým.
Už som sa naučil druhý slovanský jazyk (takzvaný bosanský/chorvátsky/srbský) pred
niekoľko rokov, takže nemyslím, že je tak ťažké so slovenským. Určite budem urobiť
chyby, ale tomu sa nemôže vyhnúť. Samozrejme je niekoľko vecí ktoré nie sú celkom také
aké sú na jazyke ktorý viem, ale napriek tomu sa cítim, že sú veľmi úzko spojený.

Any corrections are welcome.

Also, just to keep the ball rolling, here's a great song from Eastern Slovakia.

Teče Voda Teče

Edited by Danac on 24 January 2013 at 10:41pm

This discussion contains 13 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version