Joined 6406 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 89 of 189
21 January 2013 at 8:13am | IP Logged 
Spanky wrote:
Brun Ugle wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by format, but you can post them here. Personally, I'd believe you even if you just said you did them without posting, but posting them might make it more fun. I also suggest that you might want to post some of the written challenges on lang-8 to get corrections.

I love the challenges initiative Brun Ugle!

I have just signed up for an account on lang-8.com (my user name: Evil Abed). I would encourage those of you who have not tried lang-8 to give it a try. It represents a real opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to other language users in addition to allowing you to advance in your own learning efforts. I will likely run my challenge texts through lang-8 and link back to here or copy them here or my own thread with suggested corrections, whatever may seem to work most advantageously in terms of sharing learning experiences without cluttering the thread. For now until I get some mental breathing room, I am gonna have to remain a slave for a while yet....

I agree. Everyone, get on lang-8. It's great and it really needs more members so that everyone has a good chance of getting there stuff corrected. I've been using it for Japanese and I've learned a lot that I probably wouldn't have learned very easily without it.

Don't worry, Spanky. I'll probably be a slave for a while too. My Spanish is still very limited. I know the answer to "¿Dónde está Sánchez?" .... "En su oficina." However, there are no challenges involving locating Sanchez.

I'll try to add your short descriptions today. I always like to start my day out with a bit of procrastination though, so it will have to be later.

2 persons have voted this message useful

Emily96
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4214 days ago

270 posts - 342 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Spanish, Finnish, Latin

Message 90 of 189
22 January 2013 at 5:02am | IP Logged 
Just did the first challenge! I posted it in my log, but i'll copy it here too.

#1. Write 5 sentences introducing yourself.

Mi chiamo Emily e ho sedici anni. Sono di Canada. Sono una ragazza alta. Ho i capelli lunghi e biondi e gli occhi
castani. Mi piace suonare la mia chitarra, cucinare, leggere, e apprendere l'italiano.

I just made a lang-8 account today too. I haven't put anything on for correction yet but i will definitely use it
eventually.
1 person has voted this message useful

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6406 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 91 of 189
22 January 2013 at 7:38am | IP Logged 
This is to Wilke, if you're reading:

I saw your account was deactivated. That can happen if you try to change your password or e-mail address, but I've just found out that it can also happen sometimes for reasons unknown. What you need to do is to make a new account and start over or you can contact a moderator. I know Meramerina has her e-mail address listed on her profile; I don't know about the others. I think you were fairly new here though, so the best solution would probably be to just make a new account as I think it is rather difficult to get old ones reactivated.

And to everyone else:
Make sure you don't change your e-mail or password. If you do that, you will definitely get locked out.

FireViN
Diglot
Brazil
missaoitaliano.wordpRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5015 days ago

196 posts - 292 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishC2
Studies: Italian

Message 92 of 189
23 January 2013 at 3:01pm | IP Logged 
Sooo, I really wanted to challenge myself and started with the first advanced challenge. I hope it's all right. I mean, it's half page here...

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6406 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 93 of 189
23 January 2013 at 5:06pm | IP Logged 
I didn't understand much, but it sure looks nice.

So far Emily96 and FireVin are neck and neck with 1 point each.

Emily96
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4214 days ago

270 posts - 342 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Spanish, Finnish, Latin

Message 94 of 189
24 January 2013 at 3:09am | IP Logged 
Impressive!

I'll have to counter that with another challenge from the beginner's list.

#2. Write three sentences about whom you have in your family.

Nella mia famiglia ci sono molte persone. I miei genitori si chiamano Jane e Wade. Ho due sorelle, Christine e
Michelle. E i miei fratelli si chiamano Bryan e Matthew. Inoltre, abbiamo anche una gatta che si chiama Kitty.

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6406 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 95 of 189
24 January 2013 at 7:43am | IP Logged 
That one I understood. (almost)

This is so much fun. I'd better find Sanchez and get started. There's got to be something I can manage soon.

By-the-way, I don't think there is any requirement as to what order you do them in. Also, I am still taking suggestions for new challenges if anyone has any.

Edited by Brun Ugle on 24 January 2013 at 7:46am

PistolPete
Scotland
Joined 4168 days ago

28 posts - 33 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Latin, Italian

Message 96 of 189
25 January 2013 at 1:51am | IP Logged 
Brun Ugle wrote:
And to everyone else:
Make sure you don't change your e-mail or password. If you do that, you will definitely get locked out.

Does that mean we cannot change our passwords at all then, as long as we wish to use the forum? Or is this just a temporary measure?

Also for the challenges: do we have to post here or is it for only on Lang-8, or our own logs? (I'll set up my own Lang-8 account soon)

And here is my completion of challenge #1:

Mi chiamo Peter. Cioè, Pietro in Italiano. Sono scozzese e ho ventidue anni. Mi piace caffè molto con un buono libro in il mio mano. Voglio imparare il greco presto, anche.

This discussion contains 189 messages over 24 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version