Brazil
missaoitaliano.wordpRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5016 days ago

196 posts - 292 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishC2
Studies: Italian

Message 33 of 189
25 December 2012 at 9:13pm | IP Logged 
@Wort Well, I understand basically everything I read in Spanish and most of what I hear. I'm not a proficient speaker, since I speak mainly portunhol, but I have some knowledge of grammar and syntax. I'm sure there will be plenty of native and fluent speakers to help you out, but I could be a "last resort" haha. Thanks for the encouragement, by the way. I hope you reach your goals this year too!

About the logs: I believe only one is necessary, but if you want to create two logs to keep things organized, I think it's ok.

Merry Christmas, fellow Romulans!
1 person has voted this message useful

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6407 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 34 of 189
26 December 2012 at 8:27am | IP Logged 
Wort wrote:

Concerning the logs: As I'm member of two teams I wonder if I have to create two logs or if it would be enough to
start one (which'd be the better option in my opinion, because there are sooo many participants this year).

You can do what ever you think is easier. Some people like to have one log for each language, others like to just use one log for everything. I will just have one since at least some things I write will concern more than one language and some things I write don't concern any languages. With things that only concern one language, it is easy to label them as such.

Have a look at a few logs. Maybe you'll get some ideas.

Luso
Hexaglot
Portugal
Joined 5848 days ago

819 posts - 1812 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, French, EnglishC2, GermanB1, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Sanskrit, Arabic (classical)

Message 35 of 189
27 December 2012 at 11:45pm | IP Logged 
I don't know whether there is a better place to post these links:

Portuguese dictionary: here.

French dictionary: here.

Italian verbs: here.

Italian grammar: here.

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6407 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 36 of 189
31 December 2012 at 10:58am | IP Logged 
Time to get busy making your logs, everyone! And post the links if I don't already have them on the first page. If I do have your link on the first page, check that it is correct.

Yes, I know I haven't even made my own log yet, but do as I say, not as I do ;-)

Cambyses
United States
writerjake.blogspot.
Joined 4150 days ago

32 posts - 33 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 37 of 189
31 December 2012 at 6:08pm | IP Logged 
Hello everyone, since I'm in this team now here is my log: http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T ID=34774

Is there any chance the 8 of us who are doing Spanish could have a group Skype session? I think it will help us immensely to start by talking to each other, since we are all learners and there's no "nervous talking to a native" barrier to overcome.

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6407 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 38 of 189
31 December 2012 at 6:38pm | IP Logged 
songlines wrote:

A heads up in case anyone's missed it on the General Discussion thread: Wonderful news for all language learners
who like to, or would like to do extensive reading to improve their language skills (or, just for the fun
of it!):

The Tadoku Contest is returning! ....

For those who don't know it, this is a (friendly) reading competition for language learners.   Anyone can take part,
and a significant number of Htlal-ers do.   (Amazing, how leaderboards can motivate people!)

Update: The Tadoku Bot is now open for registration, and the contest begins at midnight tonight, your time
zone. Registration and other details here: http://readmod.com/manual

Note: Please update links and bookmarks: The home page address has been changed (not "Wordpress" any
longer) to http://readmod.com/. (Once you register and sign in, this will flip
to the "Rankings" page. )

joshkaasik
Bilingual Diglot
Groupie
United States
Joined 4299 days ago

61 posts - 66 votes 
Speaks: English*, Estonian*
Studies: Spanish, German

Message 39 of 189
01 January 2013 at 5:39am | IP Logged 
Well done Brune. This was getting a bit out of hand. Sorry I haven't been particularly active yet. I've been
on vacation with in-laws and not around my computer much. That all changes as of tomorrow though!
Looking forward to dominating TAC 2013!

Estoy estudiando español. He estudiado casi 1.5 años, pero he estado muy ocupado. Por eso todavía no
puedo hablar muy bien. Ojalá lo cambiaré este año. =) (también estudio alemán).

Spanky
Canada
Joined 5743 days ago

1021 posts - 1714 votes 
Studies: French

Message 40 of 189
01 January 2013 at 7:01pm | IP Logged 
Best of luck Romulans with your studies and, more importantly, with having fun with
language learning this year!

I have been going back and forth over the past few days concerning the idea of trying
to sneak some Spanish language learning in together with French language learning,
given the number of our team mates learning Spanish, because it is a cool-sounding
language, because of a short vacation planned for Mexico this coming summer and also
because of this video which concisely explains the basic difference between English and
Spanish:

english v. espanol

But I feel for me it would be counterproductive in my circumstances, and so Spanish
will have to wait for down the road.

Edited by Spanky on 01 January 2013 at 7:08pm

This discussion contains 189 messages over 24 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version