Tetraglot
FranceRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4412 days ago

414 posts - 582 votes 
Speaks: French*, EnglishB2, EnglishC2, Spanish, Japanese
Studies: Korean, Norwegian, Mandarin

Message 169 of 203
07 January 2015 at 11:50pm | IP Logged 
o here come the objectives for this coming year. As said previously, there will be a theme and it has already been taken by G-bod. READING - 読むこと - 읽기 - 读. I used to be a reading
freak in Middle school and then slowly but surely moved on to more audio (movies, series, music). I miss that period during which I could lose track of time because I was reading. Well,
this year I started finding it back when reading Japanese. It didn't happen all the time but it did and I want to make it become a habit.
Now for my objectives per language:

Japanese:
- Finish the SC reading part and hopefully more
- Finish the SC movie part (soon to be finished already)
- Read a minimum of 2 times a week a few news articles
- Pass the JLPT N1 in December (after 7-8 years of study, it's about time. Can't miss the registration deadline though)

Korean:
- Finish the half SC movie part
- Read a minimum of 5 novels
- Read a minimum of 2 articles per week about artists I like on : This Site

Mandarin:
- Read all the Tintins I have not yet read and already have (3-4)
- Read at least 5 of the bilingual novels I bought
- Watch a minimum of 15 movies in Mandarin.
- Watch a serie unsubbed (Reality Shows not counting but still to be watched such as 中国好声音 or 爸爸去哪儿 )

Ainu:
- Learn some more but no need to complete Anki. No stress here

Wanderlust and others:
- Tagalog: I've found a website very user friendly and enjoyed one hour on it not long ago so I might stop by there from time to time.
- English: Continue what I've been doing for a few months: read out loud some articles from the magazine "KOREA" which I get every month. Look for the pronunciation of words I hesitate
on. (both British and American)
- French: Yes, my native language, but I want to start reading again in French a bit. I'll put a base of 2 books but why not more (the books I have to be read are more than 500 pages so
that'll take some motivation to refrain from reading in another language instead.

And that's it!! Another 2 long (and boring) posts but at least that's done.

2 persons have voted this message useful

yuhakko
Tetraglot
Joined 4412 days ago

414 posts - 582 votes 

Message 170 of 203
08 January 2015 at 12:05am | IP Logged 
And the third post in a row just to say that I finished my first tome of ノルウェイの森 on
the train on December 31st! I've just started the second but just a few pages. I will
actively start it tomorrow.

I've also done a translation of 4000 characters from Japanese to French a few days ago.
That came out of nowhere but was very good practice as it was my first "long"
translation.

Concerning the SC, I'll update it (finally!) in the next few days for sure! (In fact I'm
pretty sure I've already finished the listening part but I need to check and anyway, I'm
currently watching this year's batsu Game: that's already 5hours to register ^^)
1 person has voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4946 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 171 of 203
08 January 2015 at 11:42pm | IP Logged 
Looking forward to seeing your progress this year, yuhakko! I'm sure you'll have a lot of good reads to share with us.

yuhakko
Tetraglot
Joined 4412 days ago

414 posts - 582 votes 

Message 172 of 203
09 January 2015 at 12:19am | IP Logged 
@Expugnator: Thanks! I hope so!

Today, I read three articles in Japanese: 2NHK news articles (one about the Japanese preparing for the Olympics by forming English
speaking emergency teams, one about the shooting in France.. (これは面白かったけど腹立ったんだ、こん ことをやるなんて) and also one long
article about the war between Samsung, Apple, and now Xiaomi. It had been a long time I hadn't read any article but all in all it
was rather well. I have an article that I'll read tomorrow morning ready as well.

I've also read half an article about Davichi's (my favourite Korean band) soon to be published mini-album. There were many words I
didn't know, but it's not so hard so I'll finish it tomorrow.

And now, off to reading ノルウェイの森 !

PS: Just to say, I've almost finished updating the Japanese part of SC on twitter. (I just have something like 8-9 episodes of an
Asadora to add now)

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4577 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 173 of 203
09 January 2015 at 2:10am | IP Logged 
I second Exugnator, yuhakko! I'm also on the lookout for what your reads and media will be.
Having the listening part of the SC down is very impressive, I still haven't even started.

Edited by Woodsei on 17 January 2015 at 3:57am

g-bod
Diglot
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5762 days ago

1485 posts - 2002 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: French, German

Message 174 of 203
09 January 2015 at 7:44pm | IP Logged 
え~ yuhakkoも 同じテーマを選んだね。 yuhakkoが読んだ 本に関する考えに 興味がある。もしお勧めの本があれば、 教えてくださいね!

yuhakko
Tetraglot
Joined 4412 days ago

414 posts - 582 votes 

Message 175 of 203
10 January 2015 at 8:14am | IP Logged 
g-bod wrote:
え~ yuhakkoも 同じテーマを選んだね。 yuhakkoが読んだ 本に関する考えに 興味があ
る。もしお勧めの本があれば、 教えてくださいね!

は~い、もちろん!それでG-bodもそうしてく さい~ww

The current book I'm reading ノルウェイの森 is rather interesting but Murakami's being
very very descriptive of all the details and thus somehow, when the action happening
or the story being told by someone is boring, then it's going to take me a long time
to read while when it's interesting, it'll appear much easier to read. As I'm only
half way through (one book finished, the second only 22 pages in), I won't say yet if
I'd advise it though.

I read about 10 pages of it yesterday.

Yesterday I also read two articles in Japanese:
- Kickstarter、2014年に最も支援されたクラウドフ ァンデ
ィングは音楽プロジェクト
which was rather interesting and incredibly easy to read. I
think there was only one word I didn't know.
- ビッグデータの時代 which was even more
interesting as it is a topic I've read a lot about. This article was much more
difficult. I don't remember exactly but I think I had around 8-10 words I didn't know
at least.

I also read two articles in Korean. Much shorter and on easier topics as one was about
박신혜's last instagram picture and the other one was about Davichi's mini album
realease (I lost the link of the other one I started the day before so I started a new
one). A lot of standard vocabulary seemed familiar whilst I just didn't know the
meaning. For instance, one I should have known but could not remember at all at the
beginning was 공개하다. But anyway, I'll continue reading like this for now.

For today, I already have my 2 Japanese articles ready but not sure if I'll have time
for more as it's familly christmas time! (big familly so we do a reunion later in
order to accomodate everyone ^^)

yuhakko
Tetraglot
Joined 4412 days ago

414 posts - 582 votes 

Message 176 of 203
12 January 2015 at 6:40pm | IP Logged 
Japanese:
So in the end, I couldn't read anything on the 10th.. so on the 11th, I read 1 of the 2 articles and today the other one + 2 new
ones. The website I am using for this is very good for what I am doing as the articles are long (thus some unknown words keep on
popping up), not too difficult whilst not too easy either (between 2 to 15-20 unknown words maximum, plus a few which I understand
but don't know the pronunciation) and also on various topics:
- 他のTech好きは2015年をどのように予測してい のか
- 「感情の無駄遣い」をやめてみた——ストレ スのない日々のために
- インターネットオブシングスの時代. I'd say it was the hardest I read so far. Full of unknown
words and even more words I forgot the pronunciation. The topic was, on the other hand, one of the most interesting so far.
- 成人式に参加した「19歳の新成人」——20歳 同級生と酒を飲んだらどうなる? This one was very easy.
I only had one or two words for which I forgot the pronunciation but no unknown word.

I've also watched about 10 episodes of ごちそうさん, the asadora I had stopped (because 3 episodes in a row had been badly downloaded).
Now that they arrived in Kyoto, it's become a bit harder to understand but heh more practice to understand this "dialect" better!

Korean:
I've read two articles today. I definitely need to do that as often as possible. My understanding is so horrible, it's chocking.
Here are the articles:
- 다비치 21일 컴백, 변함없는 미모…재킷사진 2月 잡지에도 공개
- [★Style"> ‘힐러’ 박민영, 러블리+시크 매력 공존하는 기자룩
I've also started watching Pinnochio today after seeing that 박신혜's in it. I'm watching it raw so it's rather tough but I can still
follow the plot. I'll also watch healer later on as well I think because it appears the hype around it is rather high and I'd like
to make my own opinion about it.

Mandarin:
Nothing yet. I'll get into that starting tomorrow.
I also just started again finding the episodes of 中国好声音 so I'll watch those in the following weeks.

This discussion contains 203 messages over 26 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version