Triglot
United States
Joined 4247 days ago

6 posts - 6 votes
Speaks: English*, French, Irish
Studies: Japanese, German, Russian, Mandarin

Message 1 of 4
21 December 2012 at 6:52pm | IP Logged 
Hello. This is going to be my first time participating in the TAC; however, I have looked at it a bit over the last
few years. I am going to mainly focus on German this year, although I will probably work on Japanese and
Chinese somewhat as well. If everything goes well I might dabble with a little bit of Norwegian too.

I am going to hopefully be participating on a team for German, whether that will be the second team or not, I
am
currently unsure.

German
I am a beginner in German. I haven't had much experience in learning the language outside of using it a little
bit
with my family. My goal is to get to a B1 level at least, hopefully more. The courses I currently have are
Michel
Thomas, Pimsleur, Assimil German with Ease and Perfectionnement Allemand, and finally Teach Yourself
German.
I also have all of the Harry Potter series and The Lord of the Rings, with audio, if I get around to needing it.

Japanese
I mainly just want to maintain my current level, I have a few books that I'd like to read, and an anime series or
two.

Mandarin
Much the same as Japanese. Although I'll likely just read things online.

Norwegian
I only plan on studying Norwegian if I have extra time after my German studies. I have Le Norvegien sans
Peine,
Teach Yourself Norwegian and Pimsleur Norwegian I.

Anyway that's all for now.

Edited by Aelstome on 06 January 2013 at 10:53pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Aelstome
Triglot
United States
Joined 4247 days ago

6 posts - 6 votes
Speaks: English*, French, Irish
Studies: Japanese, German, Russian, Mandarin

Message 2 of 4
06 January 2013 at 10:52pm | IP Logged 
I thought I'd take a moment to make my first update. I've done several thing so far:
Gone through Michel Thomas
Done some L-R, about 6 hours so far
Gone though lesson 21 in Assimil

All for German of course.

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5844 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 3 of 4
08 January 2013 at 11:17am | IP Logged 
hi!

Aelstome wrote:
Done some L-R, about 6 hours so far

Can you talk about that? What are you using? Do you like this method? Some people swear by it but I've never been able to understand it myself. My "reading" I can't keep up with the "listening", I guess.

BAnna
Triglot
United States
Joined 4381 days ago

409 posts - 616 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Spanish
Studies: Russian, Turkish

Message 4 of 4
14 January 2013 at 12:53am | IP Logged 
Oh, yes. Please do share your experience with L-R. I just started experimenting with it, and was underwhelmed (probably doing it wrong or with the wrong material).

Sounds like you're off to a great start!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version