Language Learning Forum : General discussion Post Reply
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6396 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 1 of 6
23 December 2012 at 8:47pm | IP Logged 
So, before getting banned, reineke suggested a very nice challenge. It never got its own thread so I'm reposting it:

I'd like to propose a new 100 items theme for the 2013 TAC.

100 items in any language

100 conversations
100 short stories
100 poems
100 novels
100 movies
100 letters
100 comics
100 non-fiction
100 sitcom episodes
100 cartoons
100 lessons
100 newspaper articles
100 lang-8 posts
100 dramas
100 soccer matches
100 essays
100 forum posts

in a foreign language of your own choosing or any combination of languages.
If a particular theme plays a big part in your language learning, divide it by language:
100 French movies
100 Italian movies

The pooper challenge counts towards the 100 items as long as the activity has been performed after Dec. 1 2012.

reineke wrote:
Serpent wrote:
Sounds great! I love that you included football matches:)))
Here's what I'm aiming for:

(...)

I hope this can help me with my super challenge goals:) But I miss my pre-challenge spontaneous choices so it will be nice that my random items count for something too:)

Given the flexibility of this challenge, watching/reading something more than once doesn't count, right? What about audiobooks/recordings of poems?

I am glad you like it. The soccer matches were thrown in just for you. I have seen your other list, you're a soccer monster. Give others a chance. Please edit your TAC log and just paste a link to what you're doing on the first page and if you can provide a link somewhere on your blog. Your log should be easy to find.

Given the flexibility of this, you should not be asking many questions :)
You do not have to decide in advance and then make it a chore. If you're neat freak you can make it as detailed as you wish. You can do 100 basketball matches and 100 haiku - in Italian. Choose your own 100 items. 100 new words in each language, 100 food wrappers in Portuguese, 100 fables. You like poems? Read 100 and learn another 100 by heart. Cartoons? Do 100 cartoons, 100 animated features, 100 anime episodes. Tell us what you learned from it and why it may be useful. If you're very busy and don't have much patience for anything *cough cough* do 100 random items. Comment on any useful resource.

My goals are here. Who else is in? :)

Edited by Serpent on 23 December 2012 at 8:51pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5194 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 2 of 6
23 December 2012 at 8:58pm | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
So, before getting banned, reineke suggested a very nice challenge. It never got its own thread so I'm reposting it:

Yea, what was up with him? I thought he was a productive member of society since the beginning, then all of a sudden......
2 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6396 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 3 of 6
23 December 2012 at 10:25pm | IP Logged 
Ohhh let's not discuss that. Are you in for the challenge? ;)

kujichagulia
Japan
Joined 4646 days ago

1031 posts - 1571 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Portuguese

Message 4 of 6
27 February 2013 at 1:00am | IP Logged 
If I had enough computer time, I would definitely be in for the 100 soccer matches. Or even 100 rugby matches, or 100 any sports matches.

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5884 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 5 of 6
27 February 2013 at 7:42am | IP Logged 

Serpent wrote:
My goals are here. Who else is in? :)

in honor of a lost HTLAL member I humbly accept his challenge! (^_^)

I don't have a good track record with these types of things so I'll pick something I think I can actually accomplish,

My TAC 2013 log is in German so 100 forum posts German is a given, but
100 French lang-8 writings, letters, essays or journal entries of at least 120 wds.

That's as big as I can go this year!
2 persons have voted this message useful

Melya68
Diglot
France
Joined 4090 days ago

109 posts - 126 votes 
Speaks: French*, English

Message 6 of 6
27 February 2013 at 12:35pm | IP Logged 
I'll have to go for 100 random.
So far, I watched 4 episodes of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, so that's 4/100. I'll make a TAC log later.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version