United States
Joined 7027 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Esperanto, French

Message 25 of 28
15 January 2013 at 2:07am | IP Logged 
Kerrie wrote:
Luke - I've seen a copy of that book, and it looks like a really great resource.

I used the Audacity "truncate silence" on the 40 lessons and the audio is 3 hours 37 minutes long. By comparison, New French with Ease, French Without Toil, and Using French are only about 2 hours 15 minutes long each (for the 4 CD set). I'm listening to some of it now, but I think officially, I start tomorrow!
1 person has voted this message useful

liddytime
Pentaglot
United States
mainlymagyar.wordpre
Joined 6051 days ago

693 posts - 1328 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Galician
Studies: Hungarian, Vietnamese, Modern Hebrew, Norwegian, Persian, Arabic (Written)

Message 26 of 28
16 January 2013 at 5:45pm | IP Logged 
daristani wrote:
I ordered three Assimil books in their sale; two of the three were correct, while the third was the
wrong volume of a two-volume series. So while the prices, especially during the sale, were excellent, their service
still strikes me as sub-par, and consistent with some of the experiences cited above.

Yep... sure enough, three weeks after I placed my order my books arrived. Similar to daristani, only 2 out of 3 were
the correct books that I ordered. Unbelievable. I will say that I called Schoenhof's directly (not their distribution
center) and the woman I spoke with was very apologetic and helpful. Unfortunately, the book that I originally
ordered is on back order and won't be in until the end of the month. We will see what happens. Schoenhof's clearly
needs to shape up their warehouse operations!

songlines
Pro Member
Canada
flickr.com/photos/cp
Joined 5031 days ago

729 posts - 1056 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French
Personal Language Map

Message 27 of 28
05 July 2013 at 2:06pm | IP Logged 
Schoenhof's currently has an "Independence Day to Bastllle Day" sale, which it advertises as offering 20-50%
off stock. - It's not clear from their e-mail or site exactly what categories /titles are being discounted, but if
you're in the Boston area, you may wish to check out the bricks and mortar store.

However, if you're landing on this thread at this post, I'd suggest also reading the comments from
Kerrie, Juan, Daristani, , etc. up-thread, before making a decision to order online.

mike245
Triglot
Hong Kong
Joined 6794 days ago

303 posts - 408 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Cantonese
Studies: French, German, Mandarin, Khmer

Message 28 of 28
06 July 2013 at 5:19am | IP Logged 
In addition to discount pricing, Schoenhof's is also currently offering a 10% discount
with the coupon code SAVE10.

This discussion contains 28 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 2 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version