Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Ezy Ryder’s endeavor (TAC’14-15 旅立ち、鵲、東亞)

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
144 messages over 18 pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7 ... 17 18 Next >>
Ezy Ryder
Diglot
Poland
youtube.com/user/Kat
Joined 4108 days ago

284 posts - 387 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English
Studies: Mandarin, Japanese

Message 49 of 144
10 January 2014 at 12:30pm | IP Logged 
I've found an interesting website recently: yesasia.com. They sell books (among other things) from
China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan and Korea. I've already found the first 2 "The Witcher" books
in traditional Chinese and the third one in Japanese. Having read them in Polish might help.
So, has anyone used this website? Is it good?

Chinese: 1,500 words. 1.137 words/Hanzi ratio. I've added almost every new word from the
first 10 pages of 血字的研究. Other than that, not much.
Japanese: 13h of passive listening. I've developed a little backlog in Anki, but I woke up
quite early (for myself) today, so I hope to finish it by midnight.
1 person has voted this message useful

nandemonai
Diglot
BelgiumRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3932 days ago

101 posts - 116 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English
Studies: Japanese, Mandarin

Message 50 of 144
10 January 2014 at 1:16pm | IP Logged 
Ezy Ryder wrote:
I've found an interesting website recently: yesasia.com. They sell books (among
other things) from
China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan and Korea. I've already found the first 2 "The Witcher" books
in traditional Chinese and the third one in Japanese. Having read them in Polish might help.
So, has anyone used this website? Is it good?

I have, but their shipping is without tracking and I had a friend who got his package lost. It also takes 3
weeks to get here, so I've been sticking to honto.jp and amazon.co.jp.

Ezy Ryder
Diglot
Poland
youtube.com/user/Kat
Joined 4108 days ago

284 posts - 387 votes 

Message 51 of 144
10 January 2014 at 4:55pm | IP Logged 
@Nandemonai Thanks for the fast answer. I've gotten used to waiting for Asian packages for
weeks on end, so it's not that much of a problem for me.

Ezy Ryder
Diglot
Poland
youtube.com/user/Kat
Joined 4108 days ago

284 posts - 387 votes 

Message 52 of 144
19 January 2014 at 11:46pm | IP Logged 
JP: 昨日僕の本は送られたというメッセージを受 け取った。 幾分早く、時々これより二倍
かかれると読んだ。 勉強について更新は、 最近やる気が薄れちゃってる。 すると数日間で
毎晩幾つか見直しが残る。 明日公園で見なおしちまおうとしたい (こんなに長い活用なん
て正しいか?)。 だけど行って来ると聞いた、 たぶんいつか捗る。 それより、たぶん今の
ラノベを終わる前、 初めてのは、 知らない単語を暗記に足して、 見直したくなったよ。
多聴-ほぼ30時間。

EN: Yesterday I've received an e-mail that my books have been shipped. Quite early, I think.
I've read that sometimes it could take twice as long. As for learning related news, recently I've
had a bit less energy for study. And so I haven't finished all my daily reviews for a few days
now. I plan to do them tomorrow in the park. Allegedly it comes and goes every so often, so
perhaps it'll get better. Also, I've thought, that maybe before finishing my current book, I'll first
read-through the first one again, this time adding all unknown words to Anki.
Passive listening-almost 30 hours.

Ezy Ryder
Diglot
Poland
youtube.com/user/Kat
Joined 4108 days ago

284 posts - 387 votes 

Message 53 of 144
04 February 2014 at 9:35pm | IP Logged 
JP: ちょっと更新がある。 本が来た。 幾分早くね? 魔法剣士の第一の二冊巻は中国語で
(繁体字) と第三の巻は日本語だ。 全ては正しく購買時の記述に同じだ。 しかも、 中国
語翻訳も上から下まで書かれたよ! よかった。 また、 おかしく、 日本語巻で魔法剣士は
漢字使って書かれたのに、 振り仮名は 「ウィッチャー」 ってだ (どうして「ビェジミ
ン」ってじゃないの?:)) 。 当て字の反語は何ですか? 振り仮名って、 思い出された。
このラノベより振り仮名がもっと少しだ。 それはさておき、 今日もう新単語を足した、 が
明日この小説で探しだしたい。 以降これはもっと楽しいかな。 新しい語彙の資料は、 最近
ちょっと言語交換みたいことが初められた。 この相手は中国人で、 日本語を勉強してる。
ポーランド語じゃないから本当の言語交換じ ゃない、 けど楽しんだり、 新しい単語を見
つけたりする。 僕は (主に) 日本語で書こうとして、 彼女は中国語で答える。 時々繁体
字、 時々簡体字。ナビ語は、時間ややる気が足り ない。 だけどきょう、 頻度辞典の発展
は加速化されると聞いた。 たぶん終わるならもっと真面目に勉強し出せ るかも。。。

EN: A bit of an update. My books came. Quite quickly, eh? The first two volumes of "The
Witcher" in Chinese (traditional) and the third one in Japanese. Everything seems to be like in
the description. And the Chinese books are written vertically too! Also, funnily enough, in the
Japanese one, even though "witcher" is written in Kanji, the furigana is "wicchaa" (why not
"byejimin"? :) ). What's the antonym of ateji? Speaking of furigana, there is less of it in the
book, than in the light novels I've been reading. Getting back to the topic, I've already prepared
my new Chinese vocabulary to learn today, but tomorrow I want to start adding it from these
books. Maybe it will be more pleasant this way. And speaking of new vocab sources, recently I
had a chance to do something resembling language exchange. She's from China, and she's
learning Japanese. Well, I guess since not Polish, it's not real language exchange, but I enjoy it
nevertheless. And learn some vocab along the way. I (generally) try to write in Japanese, and
she responds in Chinese. Sometimes Traditional, sometimes Simplified. And as for Na'vi, I just
don't have the time and energy now. Though I've heard today, that the frequency dictionary is to
be finished sooner, so perhaps then I'll be able to start studying it more diligently.

Edited by Ezy Ryder on 04 February 2014 at 9:37pm

vonPeterhof
Tetraglot
Russian FederationRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4531 days ago

715 posts - 1527 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, EnglishC2, Japanese, German
Studies: Kazakh, Korean, Norwegian, Turkish

Message 54 of 144
04 February 2014 at 9:58pm | IP Logged 
Ezy Ryder wrote:
What's the antonym of ateji?
It's called 熟字訓 (jukujikun) if we're talking about cases where the standard kanji rendering of a word is derived solely from the characters' meaning and not their readings (e.g. 大人「おとな」, 煙草「タバコ」, etc.). In the case you're describing, where the reading-kanji connection is in no way standard, but just a one-off or an idiosyncratic usage by the author (e.g. 暖「はる」, 超電磁砲「レールガン」, etc.), it's called 義訓 (gikun).

Ezy Ryder
Diglot
Poland
youtube.com/user/Kat
Joined 4108 days ago

284 posts - 387 votes 

Message 55 of 144
07 February 2014 at 8:32pm | IP Logged 
JP.: 教えてありがとう。 ちょっと後ウィキペディアで調べる。
受動聴は最近50時間を記録した。 進行があると言いたいけど、 ズバリと、 小さいだけ、
かな。
それより、 僕の見直しは懸かりすぎる。 ある勉強者が一般的なカードを数秒後答える と読
んだし、 自分に早まってみたい。 アンキの設定で 「X時間後答えを聞き流す」 という選択
肢がある。 今十分決定されたから毎日せめて一枚カード を一分あとだけ答える。 しかも主
に、 十五秒後注目しだす。 七秒決定すればもっと注意しなきゃし、 もっと早く捗るしする
と早く終われるかもしれない。 無論、 もっとよくカードを失敗しちゃって、 見直しが高ま
る。 だけどたぶん結局どっちみちもっと早く終る 。
今の分析: 一日で来る見直し: 約200(中国語) | 一枚カードの答え時間:19.4秒 | 一
日で過ごした時間:1時間20分
それに、 もっと少し時間を過ごせば、 たぶん一日で学べた言葉の数を高まってもい い:)
や読書速度が早まる。

EN.:Thanks for answering. I'll look them up in Wikipedia later.
Passive Listening: 50h. I want to say there is some progress, but frankly, very little.
Also, my reviews take too much time. I've read of some learners spending just a few seconds
per card, so I want to try speeding up too. In Anki's settings, there's an option to ignore the
answer after time X. Because it's set to 10 minutes now, every day, I spend over a minute on at
least one card. And I start concentrating on most cards only after ~15 seconds. Maybe if I set it
to 7 seconds, I would have to focus more, and progress faster. Which would lead to finishing
earlier. Of course I'll also fail more cards, and have more reviews to do. But hopefully in the end
I'll still finish faster anyway.
Current statistics: Reviews per day: ~200 (Chinese) | Time per card: 19.4s | Total time: 1h20
Maybe if it'll end up taking less time, I could increase the number of new cards per day :) And
maybe it'll improve my reading speed.

Ezy Ryder
Diglot
Poland
youtube.com/user/Kat
Joined 4108 days ago

284 posts - 387 votes 

Message 56 of 144
13 February 2014 at 6:05pm | IP Logged 
JP.: 中国語ー2.000語。 単語数/漢字数=1.197。 早く答える方法がやべー! 凄く効
くぞ。 勉強の早さは三倍になった。 一つ見直しは7秒間以下になって、 精度は意外と変わ
らなかった。 新単語の数を高まってみて、 問題があった。 もう語彙を足す事は面倒くさか
った。 遅いし…… だから決めた。 ちょっと中国語を学び終わる。 もっと早く日本語が勉
強できれば、 数ヶ月後語彙が足りる時また学びだす。 無論、 見直し終わらない。 毎日50
語を勉強すれば(アンキで一時間以下)、 四ヶ月後単語が英語に同じくなることは可能
だ。 そしてまだ200日は中国語ために残る。 すると、 中国語チームで観客になるべきだ。

EN.: Chinese: 2,000 words. Words per Hanzi ratio:1.197. Answering faster works
wonders! It has tripled my learning speed. I do an average repetition Sub-7s. And surprisingly,
accuracy hasn't changed. I tried to increase the number of words learnt daily, and that's when I
got a problem. Adding new vocab was already tedious. It just takes so long... And so I've
decided. I'll have to take a break from Chinese for a while. If I could learn Japanese faster, I
could start learning again once my Japanese vocab is good enough. Of course, I won't stop
reviewing what I've already learnt. By learning 50 words a day (about an hour in Anki), it would
be possible to get to a vocabulary size similar to my English after about four months. And then
I'd still have 200 days left for Chinese. I'll have to degrade to an observer in the Chinese team
for now.

This discussion contains 144 messages over 18 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 68 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version