United States
writerjake.blogspot.
Joined 4144 days ago

32 posts - 33 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 1 of 3
30 December 2012 at 11:34pm | IP Logged 
In 2013 I will be studying Spanish, with my goal being fluency (C1 level is what I'm shooting for, though I don't plan on getting certification), and Esperanto, with my goal being a solid B level and hopefully the ability to read higher level texts. I'm going to cross-posting most of my stuff from the Reddit TACs, though I'll try to also stay up to date with whichever Romance Team I'm fitted into.

For some background, I studied Spanish for three years in high school, but I wasn't a very good student and consequentially am nowhere near the level of fluency you would expect after three years of study. As for Esperanto, the entirety of my history with learning the language is chronicle in this journal, but basically I did part of three intro courses on Lernu! and have been practicing with flashcards on Anki.

That's everything. Wish me luck!
1 person has voted this message useful

Tsopivo
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4252 days ago

258 posts - 411 votes 
Speaks: French*, English
Studies: Esperanto

Message 2 of 3
02 January 2013 at 8:10pm | IP Logged 
I had read your previous Esperanto log but had not realized you also study Spanish and are on the Romulan team. We are pretty much in the same situation then :)

Best of luck
1 person has voted this message useful

fmmarianicolon
Diglot
United States
Joined 4127 days ago

28 posts - 30 votes
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Sign Language
Studies: Japanese

Message 3 of 3
04 January 2013 at 8:12pm | IP Logged 
Howdy! Fellow member of team Romulan here! Hope you are off to a great start this year.
I saw on your blog that you want to CLEP out of Spanish. That is a good goal. On behalf
of the thousands (millions?) of people with student loan debt, I encourage you to CLEP
out of as many classes as possible as long as it won't hurt your overall learning. Not
only will it save you money, but it will also save you time. If you already at B or C
level, why sit through Spanish I again and relearn the alphabet?

Good luck and look forward to learning with you!

2 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version