United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5191 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 17 of 21
02 January 2013 at 11:18pm | IP Logged 

I really look forward to watching your Russian progress through the year. Good luck!
1 person has voted this message useful

aloysius
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6036 days ago

226 posts - 291 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English, German
Studies: French, Greek, Italian, Russian

Message 18 of 21
03 January 2013 at 11:54pm | IP Logged 
Wow! I cannot believe we're such a big team this year. It'll be great to get to know you all and thanks a lot for
commenting. I'll visit all you're logs but it might take a few days ...

@Solfrid Looks like our focus languages overlap a lot this year and I'm really looking forward to that Greek
adventure!

@LanguageSponge You're truly generous! I'm certain I can gain a lot of support from you in Russian as well as
Greek.

@tarvos Jag har gott om läromedel i ryska och vi får se vilka jag kommer att använda men bortsett från filmer och
romaner kommer jag säkert att fördjupa mig i Langenscheidt Grundwortschatz Russisch, Schaums's Outline of
Russian Grammar och Assimil. Lycka till själv!

@M. Medialis A cool looking writing system indeed. I'm so impressed that you haven't succumbed to wanderlust yet,
apart from that piano playing of course of which I'm really jealous ...

@riff There will be a lot of big guns I'm sure but also some Harry Potter and Le Petit Prince etc.

@Silbermond I find that the Greek Assimil differs a bit from their general approach but it seems thorough and useful
nevertheless, so hopefully I'll stick it out. Last time I tried I reached lesson 14 I believe. Now, I'm on lesson 3.

@Expugnator My exact level of Russian is exactly what I find so hard to define. It depends on my daily mood. And I'll
certainly keep on using Assimil in whatever way I fancy. Hopefully I've truly internalized it by the end of the year, but
I preferred not to set any fixed goal.

@Toffeeliz Yes, the Cyrillic alphabet is related to the Greek one and they are both IE languages but other than that
not that closely related. Whenever I come across an "international" (Greek/Latin) or a
German/English/French/Scandinavian loan word it's a great relief for someone not very well versed in slavic roots.

//aloysius

Edited by aloysius on 04 January 2013 at 12:53am

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4503 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 19 of 21
26 February 2013 at 12:09am | IP Logged 
Hej Aloysius, jag har sett att du håller ändå på med att lära dig språk, det är just
därför att vi har den 6VU (6-veckor-utmaning) men du har inte uppdaterat din dagbok här.
Hur går det med dig? Lever du ännu? Pratar du redan som Tolstoj själv? :)

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4640 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 20 of 21
10 March 2013 at 1:25pm | IP Logged 
Hey teammate, how are you doing? Any progress in Russian? Seems like half the team is dormant at the moment. It would be good to read something from you again.

Anyway, lycka till!

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4593 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 21 of 21
11 April 2013 at 3:31am | IP Logged 
Hi Aloysius! Great to be with you again for a second TAC year, and on the Russian team!
How have things been going since your last post? Hope all's well with you, and looking
forward to your posts again soon.

This discussion contains 21 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version