SprachMensch
Germany
Joined 4144 days ago

3 posts - 3 votes
Studies: Vietnamese

Message 1 of 4
31 December 2012 at 7:27pm | IP Logged 
"with Blackjack and hookers"
for more information about the title read this : knowyourmeme .com/memes/with-blackjack-and-hookers

And now welcome to my Log.I lurked around in this Forum for some years ( the account Name was SomeGuy ) but i couldn't change it, so i created a new one.
I'm a 29 years old male living in Germany and plan to visit Vietnam in the next Year ( around August ).I started to learn Vietnamese seven Days ago, so my level is around ZERO.Right now I'm burning to learn this language - its still new, fresh and exciting.

Why alone aka Individual ?
Because nobody likes me :(
No, i just started to late to search for Team Members
And to tell the truth I'm more the introvert Guy, who learns in his chamber until he can speak with natives then the Guy how wants to talk about "Gott und die Welt" ( a synonym for "nothing specific").

My Plan to "master" Vietnamese ?
Assimil and Pimsleur, after Pimsleur i start to get a Tandem Partner or Skype Teacher.
I put the complete Assimil Lessons in Anki with Audio - front Vietnamese and back German.And when I'm reach the active wave i will switch the cards to front German and back Vietnamese.And after finishing the passive wave from Assimil i plan to use the "Lextra Vietnamesisch" Course which is the Teach Yourself - Vietnamese course in German.
My daily routine takes around 1 to 1 1/2 hours per day.I'll post updates every 1 or 2 weeks and plan to include Audio and/or Videos clips.

And yes my English is not perfect but I'm still writing this log :)
1 person has voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4954 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 2 of 4
31 December 2012 at 8:07pm | IP Logged 
I always try to follow logs of less-commonly learned languages át. Thisforum, and I am looking forward to
know how you're gonna deal with Vietnamese's tones and spelling tricks. Good luck, SprachMensch.

Bakunin
Diglot
Switzerland
outerkhmer.blogspot.
Joined 4918 days ago

531 posts - 1126 votes 
Speaks: German*, Thai
Studies: Khmer

Message 3 of 4
31 December 2012 at 9:35pm | IP Logged 
Good luck with Vietnamese, SprachMensch. Good to see one more who studies an ASEAN language :)
Antiono Graceffo, the Brooklyn monk in Asia, has spend some time in Saigon learning Vietnamese, and he's written
a number of funny blog posts on his experiences: http://brooklynmonk.wordpress.com/?s=Vietnam

Anyway, enjoy TAC 2013. I'm looking forward to following your progress.

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4656 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Korean
Studies: Persian

Message 4 of 4
01 January 2013 at 3:10pm | IP Logged 
Last year we had someone studying Vietnamese on the Asian team and it was very interesting to read about it and compare it with Korean. So I'm looking forward to your posts. Good luck!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version