United States
one1ups.blogspoRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4323 days ago

17 posts - 20 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Korean, Spanish

Message 1 of 5
07 January 2013 at 7:14am | IP Logged 
I'm not going to talk your ear off, so straight to the point. I'm starting to record my time in learning Korean starting from scratch. If you want to follow along on my progress you can follow my blog at http://one1ups.blogspot.com/. I will update daily and from time to time I'll come back and post weekly result here. I've just started learning Korean on 1/5/13(two days from the time of me typing this).

Edited by Roycet on 07 January 2013 at 7:16am

2 persons have voted this message useful

Roycet
United States
Joined 4323 days ago

17 posts - 20 votes

Message 2 of 5
21 January 2013 at 1:16am | IP Logged 
I been logging in the hours I've put in for Korean. As of now it is only 9hrs in total. I learned how to the writing system, how to type in Korean, and a few grammar concepts. In my blog I've also added some good tip and great websites for learning Korean here http://one1ups.blogspot.com/2014/01/korean-language-sites.ht ml.
Check my blog for daily updates http://one1ups.blogspot.com/.

Edited by Roycet on 22 January 2014 at 10:08pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Roycet
United States
Joined 4323 days ago

17 posts - 20 votes

Message 3 of 5
22 November 2013 at 10:16pm | IP Logged 
I back into studying as of today from hiatus of maybe 9 to 10 months. I'm very motivate
to purse this language again and I will try to every once in a while on my process and
with questions. Wish me well.

Roycet
United States
Joined 4323 days ago

17 posts - 20 votes

Message 4 of 5
07 January 2014 at 2:34am | IP Logged 
I have a goal to be able to have small talk and to read simple in Korean this year in 2014. I would like to be conversational and read intermediate text by the end of this year, but I don't know if I will have the time to practice to get to that level being realistically that my Korean is very beginner and it is Asian language. Even so, what do I have to lose by trying. Oh yeah, the link for the online resources I had before is no good now. If anybody want to know some of the sites that I used for to study I'll post some here. Wish me luck.

Roycet
United States
Joined 4323 days ago

17 posts - 20 votes

Message 5 of 5
22 January 2014 at 10:19pm | IP Logged 
I decided to study more Korean than Japanese this year. I found the letters in Korean to be a little weird, but I'm getting more used to it. I definitely have to start do more listening. This is not something I did not do while studying Japanese so I will make sure I do a lot of listening Korean to make sure none of the skills (listening, speaking, writing, reading) don't get to far apart this time.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version