Groupie
Sweden
Joined 4149 days ago

92 posts - 163 votes 
Speaks: English*, Swedish, Faroese, Icelandic
Studies: Japanese

Message 1 of 4
12 January 2013 at 10:26am | IP Logged 
Hi, I noticed "Skýggið, vatnið, tornið" by Vladimir Nabokov exists. Anyone know where I can find it? (I really want it!!) Also possibly the audio for "Alheimsins einglar", since that seems to be sold out?

I was also wondering if any Faroese-speakers would be willing to read aloud and record themselves, for books that don't have any official audio (or maybe if the audio is sold out)?
1 person has voted this message useful

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4655 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 2 of 4
12 January 2013 at 12:10pm | IP Logged 
Do you mean "Englar alheimsins" by Einar Már Guðmundsson? I don't have the audio, but if anybody could supply it, I'd be interested, too.

As you seem to have some experience with Iceland and Icelandic (I read your posts with interest): What is the best place on the net to buy Icelandic books? I tried eymundsson.is, but their shipping fees are insane. What about boksala.is? Is there any other good online bookshop that ships outside Iceland (for reasonable prices)?

kaptengröt
Tetraglot
Groupie
Sweden
Joined 4149 days ago

92 posts - 163 votes 
Speaks: English*, Swedish, Faroese, Icelandic
Studies: Japanese

Message 3 of 4
12 January 2013 at 12:33pm | IP Logged 
Josquin wrote:
Do you mean "Englar alheimsins" by Einar Már Guðmundsson? I don't have the audio, but if anybody could supply it, I'd be interested, too.

As you seem to have some experience with Iceland and Icelandic (I read your posts with interest): What is the best place on the net to buy Icelandic books? I tried eymundsson.is, but their shipping fees are insane. What about boksala.is? Is there any other good online bookshop that ships outside Iceland (for reasonable prices)?

No, that one is the Icelandic version, what I want is the Faroese version : P
Actually I own it in English but not in Icelandic (I got it before I ever learnt any Icelandic), I should buy it actually.

Unfortunately shipping is going to be expensive anywhere outside of Iceland (it's like this even if you are sending a regular parcel yourself at the post office). However just now I did find this site: http://www.ormstunga.is/
Which has some really cheap books (like 1.000kr!!!)
Also ebooks are cheaper than real books (even under 1.000kr sometimes) but audiobooks are always super expensive. So honestly you could just print out an ebook and bind it for yourself for personal use.

I have to go now, will help you out and say more when I get back from some errands, feel free to PM me etc.

Edited by kaptengröt on 12 January 2013 at 4:14pm

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4655 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 4 of 4
12 January 2013 at 12:44pm | IP Logged 
Thanks, I feared it might be this way. It's so difficult to get good Icelandic books and resources outside of Iceland.

By the way, I'd be interested in the Faroese version of "Englar alheimsins" as well. So if anybody should have it, please contact me.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version