Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

New Perfectionnement allemand & italien?

Language Learning Forum : Language Programs, Books & Tapes Post Reply
Juаn
Colombia
Joined 5154 days ago

727 posts - 1830 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*

Message 1 of 5
13 January 2013 at 5:36pm | IP Logged 
Hello.

Assimil has recently released new versions of Perfectionnement allemand and Perfectionnement italien by the same authors who wrote the previous ones, but with different lesson counts. Has anyone had the opportunity to use or compare both editions new and old side by side and ascertain whether they're completely different books or if some of the old lessons reappear in the new editions? If the former is the case, it would be excellent to own and use both versions, but not otherwise.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance.
1 person has voted this message useful

fireballtrouble
Triglot
Turkey
Joined 4333 days ago

129 posts - 203 votes 
Speaks: Turkish*, French, English
Studies: German

Message 2 of 5
13 January 2013 at 9:14pm | IP Logged 
I had asked this on Assimil's facebook page. An assimilist replied that this edition is
the rebuilding and the continuation of the older one. I haven't got anymore info.

Copying here the original message

Quote:
L'édition 2012 de "Perfectionnement allemand" a été entièrement refaite
(dialogues, nouvel orthographe, notes culturelles, etc..) depuis celle de 1991. C'est en
effet le même auteur, et l'édition 2012 est la suite logique de l'édition de 1991.

Edited by fireballtrouble on 13 January 2013 at 9:17pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

alang
Diglot
Canada
Joined 7030 days ago

563 posts - 757 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish

Message 3 of 5
13 January 2013 at 9:21pm | IP Logged 
Take a look on this thread. Scroll down to member caracao's post. Page 10 description for the Advance German by Michal.

Here

@ Juan,

You had other posts on the same thread. Did you miss the descriptions?

Edited by alang on 13 January 2013 at 9:33pm

Juаn
Colombia
Joined 5154 days ago

727 posts - 1830 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*

Message 4 of 5
13 January 2013 at 10:26pm | IP Logged 
Yes, I saw them, but the information so far is ambiguous and even contradictory. Whereas Michal says there is some overlap between the two editions of Perfectionnement allemand another user states as quoted by fireballtrouble that the new edition is "entirely redone", and a further one says even that both the Italian and German books have been redone "from the first to the last lesson".

Thus I'm looking for greater clarity on which is the case.

alang
Diglot
Canada
Joined 7030 days ago

563 posts - 757 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish

Message 5 of 5
14 January 2013 at 3:15am | IP Logged 

I would suggest to contact directly the people who reviewed them, and ask if they actually have the programs new and old for a better comparison and explanation. Bring up the questions you have about the contradictory information.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version