Triglot
United States
Joined 4565 days ago

581 posts - 977 votes 
Speaks: English*, Hawaiian, Tagalog
Studies: Spanish

Message 1 of 4
22 January 2013 at 3:39pm | IP Logged 
I was fooling around with DLI Basic Spanish today, the old course, not the modular one. It contains 29 mp3's. One is labeled "Tape 01 Textbook Less 01-02.mp3" It seems to start with lesson 2. The textbook has several activities that require the "tape" for lesson 1.
I realize that the material in each mp3 is sort of arbitrarily spread out among the files, based on what would fit on the original tapes, and what the saint who converted these tapes to digital form happened to include in each file.
Has anybody found lesson 1 somewhere else?
steve
1 person has voted this message useful

Random review
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5583 days ago

781 posts - 1310 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Portuguese, Mandarin, Yiddish, German

Message 2 of 4
25 January 2013 at 12:05am | IP Logged 
I've not seen the really old (1960s?) DLI Spanish course, but I wouldn't be surprised if
it is missing a tape or two if you got it from the jlu site (the modular one (1970s?)
does).

Edited by Random review on 25 January 2013 at 12:06am

coin2213
Burkina Faso
Joined 5249 days ago

5 posts - 20 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 3 of 4
25 August 2013 at 10:46am | IP Logged 

The Spanish Basic Course on the jlu site is not the basic course from the 1960s that has 55 lessons in 6 volumes using the audio-lingual method. The basic course on the jlu site is from 1997 using the communicative approach.

I did inquire (this was months ago) about the Spanish Basic Course from the 1960s along with the audio for vol. 1 of the Persian Basic Course, but the "responder" informed me that it would be difficult to get, if not impossible.

Edited by coin2213 on 25 August 2013 at 10:49am

Random review
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5583 days ago

781 posts - 1310 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Portuguese, Mandarin, Yiddish, German

Message 4 of 4
26 August 2013 at 5:10am | IP Logged 
I wonder where sfuqua got the mp3's from, then. That'd be a really interesting resource for learners. If it's
just a matter of one missing tape, it might be possible to do rerecord it with volunteers or something.

Edited by Random review on 26 August 2013 at 5:12am

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version