12 posts - 12 votes
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: Mandarin

Message 9 of 12
31 January 2013 at 6:24am | IP Logged 
Today-

Japanese:

Read some more of 橋のない川(第1部) by 住井すゑ
I quite like the book but it is going to be a slow reading. The whole thing is written in tiny texts in two horizontal columns and has much food for the thought (to me anyways). If I can read all 7 books by the end of the year that would be nice.
I found out there was at least one movie version made. I would love to watch it.

Watched ep 2, 3 and half of ep 4 of 恋愛ニート

Also rewatched some 日本人の知らない日本語

Chinese:

Watched Ep 5 of 給愛麗絲的奇蹟 with Chinese subs.
I was able to pick up that a few characters introduced in that episode spoke something that was not Mandarin Chinese. Maybe 台語?The word for mother sounded like "abu-"The show is getting better though.

Did my Learning-With-Text reps for Chinese but did not finish the Japanese ones.
I am thinking of trying (again-but it has been a long time) using mcd cards with surusu or anki. I really like how Learning with Text highlights all the words your know thus making a long piece of text seem more readable but doing srs reps on the online version of it is slow and has some other issues that are gradually getting more annoying. I also like the idea of watching everything go from words you "do not know" to words you do "know".

Here is where I stand with my 2013 goals at the moment (Day 6):
Japanese: 0 out of a 100 drama series watched, 1 out of 100 books read, 6 out of 250 songs listened to.
Chinese: 4 out of 300 drama eps watched, 0 out of 5 books read, 0 out of 30 manga books read, 0 out of 250 songs listened to.

Edited by Juniperarrow on 31 January 2013 at 6:28am

1 person has voted this message useful

Juniperarrow
Diglot
Joined 5467 days ago

12 posts - 12 votes

Message 10 of 12
01 February 2013 at 6:56am | IP Logged 
What I did today:

Japanese:

Finished reading 基本がわかる 初めての中国語 by 王 婷婷

Watched Ep 4-7 of 恋愛ニート with Japanese subs

Chinese:

Did the end of the chapter practice sheet things in 基本がわかる 初めての中国語 by 王 婷婷

Here is where I stand with my 2013 goals at the moment (Day 7):
Japanese: 0 out of a 100 drama series watched, 2 out of 100 books read, 6 out of 250 songs listened to.
Chinese: 4 out of 300 drama eps watched, 0 out of 5 books read, 0 out of 30 manga books read, 0 out of 250 songs listened to.

Juniperarrow
Diglot
Joined 5467 days ago

12 posts - 12 votes

Message 11 of 12
02 February 2013 at 6:03am | IP Logged 
What I did today:

Japanese:

Watched 恋愛ニート Ep 8

Watched 最高の人生の終わり方 Ep 1 & 2
-I watch dramas at random without looking up what they might be about but I was surprised to see that this drama revolves around a person who family's business is dealing with death (small scale Japanese equivalent of a funeral home). I was somewhat expecting the drama to be about someone who is dying of a terminal illness or something, not this. Anyways the drama so far is kind of interesting- will keep watching.

Read some more of 橋のない川(第1部) by 住井すゑ.

Also started reading こころに残るこだわりのたべもの事典

Chinese:
Watched Ep 6 of 給愛麗絲的奇蹟 with Chinese subs.

Tried to read a little bit of Chinese-translated Japanese manga (砂時計)
Could not read much nor felt like reading much so I did not.

Here is where I stand with my 2013 goals at the moment (Day 8):
Japanese: 0 out of a 100 drama series watched, 2 out of 100 books read, 6 out of 250 songs listened to.
Chinese: 5 out of 300 drama eps watched, 0 out of 5 books read, 0 out of 30 manga books read, 0 out of 250 songs listened to.

Edited by Juniperarrow on 02 February 2013 at 6:04am

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4920 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 
Speaks: Indonesian*

Message 12 of 12
19 September 2016 at 3:08pm | IP Logged 
Juniperarrow wrote:

Also rewatched some 日本人の知らない日本語

Nihonjin no shiranai Nihon-go?
Does it mean "Japanese language which isn't understood by Japanese people"?

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version