Diglot
Canada
Joined 4462 days ago

100 posts - 156 votes 
Speaks: French*, English
Studies: German

Message 1 of 3
12 February 2013 at 3:35am | IP Logged 
Can anyone help me? I'm loosing my mind over this. I've read the FAQ, I've checked the YouTube video that was in it, I've searched the whole web, but I still don't understand how to create new reverse cards in a deck with Anki 2. Can anyone give me very detailed, step by step instructions please? I just never seem to be able to follow any suggestions because I never get to the exact same screen, with exactly the same options that should be there, no matter which one I attempt to follow. :(

It's a realy nice program once everything is set up and ready to go, but really, Anki is everything but intuitive when it comes to management.

Thanks.
1 person has voted this message useful

Mareike
Germany
Joined 6024 days ago

267 posts - 323 votes 
Speaks: German*
Studies: English, Swedish

Message 2 of 3
12 February 2013 at 8:22am | IP Logged 
I've the German edition, but I try to help.

When you add a card, choose your type where you want to reserve the cards.

bild1.jpg

Click "Karten ..." and add a new side:

bild2.jpg

Remove the spaces.

Edited by Mareike on 13 February 2013 at 12:06am

2 persons have voted this message useful

Avid Learner
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4462 days ago

100 posts - 156 votes 
Speaks: French*, English
Studies: German

Message 3 of 3
13 February 2013 at 4:46am | IP Logged 
Thanks a lot! I didn't manage to see your images, but I have managed to adjust some of my packs so the reverse card would be created thanks to your suggestion, and it gave me hope that I'd be able to find a solution. :)

I have the French version and I believe that is partly why I was so confused, because I was unfamiliar with the new concepts and that "note" thing only confused me. What I was also trying to do was to reverse cards already existing. I finally got my answer
here. I had seen the post yesterday but was still too confused about the new interface to follow it completely.

I guess I should never attempt to try anything new in Anki unless I'm fully rested.

Edited by Avid Learner on 13 February 2013 at 4:47am

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version