jhaberstro
United States
Joined 4181 days ago

112 posts - 154 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French, Portuguese

Message 9 of 25
27 February 2013 at 5:20am | IP Logged 
I have a one invite for a free Box.com 50 GB account. If anyone would like it to use for uploading FSI courses,
just drop me a PM with your email and I'll send you the invite! For free accounts, the max file size is 250 MB, so
that's plenty big for individual MP3s and PDFs, or for divided zips/rars.

I'll be uploading soon the FSI French Basic, FSI Metropolitan French Complete, and FSI Italian Fast 1 courses (which
unfortunately are the only courses I have).

Edit - I also agree with emk that it'd be wise to upload courses to archive.org as well.

Edit 2 - Here is a link to a Box
folder that will contain the courses. Right now the French
Metropolitan course
is there.

Edited by jhaberstro on 27 February 2013 at 6:30pm

7 persons have voted this message useful

Ericounet
France
yojik.euRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5223 days ago

157 posts - 414 votes 
Studies: English, German, Russian

Message 10 of 25
27 February 2013 at 7:36pm | IP Logged 
Hi,

once collected the courses, I'll organize them and put some courses in "archives" files ... so no need any more to click hundreds of time to download a course... and keep also them separately.

But, the first step is to collect what is available.

I download and upload on my site everything you make available.

It would have been far less work to put everything on one site (mine of another one .. it's not the problem) , and after that to make clones of the site.

Downloading of files from files sharing service is a nightmare ... captcha, waiting ... links dead etc ...

UPDATE: some new material were uploaded this night. Check if something is missing . I'll upload the Russian stuff today. (yes, I know, it's slow, but my upload speed is not very good. It takes time.

UPDATE 2: i managed to make my ftp work (I did some nasty things yesterday (too tired))

UPDATE 3: I downloaded all the files from tanizaki; upload in progress on yojik.

UPDATE 4 : all files from daristani on upload :) + mine: German, Chinese, Korean, Russian.

Edited by Ericounet on 28 February 2013 at 12:50pm

6 persons have voted this message useful

daristani
United States
Joined 6932 days ago

752 posts - 1661 votes 
Studies: Uzbek

Message 11 of 25
28 February 2013 at 3:33pm | IP Logged 
Many thanks to all who are contributing to the effort to put the FSI materials back online.

I've uploaded the audio to volume one of the FSI Serbo-Croatian course here:

http://mirrorstack.com/7414hcmcvbi4

Here's the book to it:

http://mirrorstack.com/4fi92syw2y6g

If memory serves, the FSI site had both the book and the audio for volume one, but only the book for volume two. In any event, I only have the materials for the first volume.

Edited by daristani on 28 February 2013 at 3:44pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Ericounet
France
Joined 5223 days ago

157 posts - 414 votes 

Message 12 of 25
28 February 2013 at 4:37pm | IP Logged 
Hi,

I managed to get the structure of the FSI website with quite all the pages (only few are missing). I'll begin to reconstruct a similar site (static) on Sunday .

More material uploaded today :) but some languages are still missing.

Some material appears twice : I got them from members and others sources, and will clean later.

UPDATE: daristani: I download your material; upload begins

Edited by Ericounet on 28 February 2013 at 4:41pm

Tanizaki
Triglot
United States
Joined 4588 days ago

21 posts - 44 votes
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Japanese

Message 13 of 25
28 February 2013 at 4:58pm | IP Logged 
Thank you very much for your work, Ericounet. I will check my hard drive to see what other FSI courses I may have to contribute.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if we could contribute to bandwidth costs in any way.

Jarel
Diglot
Groupie
Turkey
Joined 4114 days ago

57 posts - 77 votes 
Speaks: Turkish*, English
Studies: Italian, German

Message 14 of 25
28 February 2013 at 5:36pm | IP Logged 
I have FSI Fast Italian and FSI Basic French courses downloaded in my pc. Where would be best to upload them to?

Ericounet
France
Joined 5223 days ago

157 posts - 414 votes 

Message 15 of 25
28 February 2013 at 6:09pm | IP Logged 
Hi

Italian is on upload (available tomorrow evening), and French is already there :)

Thanks Jarel! Could take a look to see if is there any difference between what is on the yojik and what is on your hard drive? Just in case :) I missed something in the Italian or French courses.

Tanizaki: thanks for the offer: but I do it for free (I already have a good work) and it's not a lot of money ( less than 20€/month), only work to administrate the server and time (and I like to do it!). And apart from that, I have my website, mail server, and others services on the server. Th only thing to do is that someone makes a clone of the archives .. in case! I'll do that on a NAS at home once everything collected, but many copies are better. I'll also make archives of the language repositories, so only one file to download per language.

Another tip: we could use an IRC channel on freenode or another IRC room to discuss in real time. What do you think?

Edited by Ericounet on 28 February 2013 at 6:53pm

Ericounet
France
Joined 5223 days ago

157 posts - 414 votes 

Message 16 of 25
28 February 2013 at 7:28pm | IP Logged 
Hi again,

I found a torrent file with ALL the FSI site (including the website).... only one seeder, but complete.

It will take weeks, but everything will be there.

:)

UPDATE : not sure that it is exactly what it claims to be:(:( we'll see

Edited by Ericounet on 28 February 2013 at 7:46pm

This discussion contains 25 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 13 4  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version