alang
Diglot
Canada
Joined 7022 days ago

563 posts - 757 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish

Message 1 of 1
01 March 2013 at 3:44pm | IP Logged 

I have read a couple of posts of members complaining why Assimil does not have more English base programs. It was odd for me to read the posts, as Assimil is a French base company and expanding to other language bases including English in offering programs.

The one information I do know is the French base with the most programs to learn a particular language is English. It is not only the beginner and advance programs, but additional books and audio to improve understanding and vocabulary.

Here is a list of the ones I am aware of that have a book and audio:

L'Anglais (British English) book and 4 cds.
Perfectionnement Anglais (British English) latest edition book and 4 cds.
Anglais d'amerique (American English) Book and 4 cds.
Anglais des affaires book and 4 cds.
La Conjugaison Anglaise book and 1 cd.
L'Anglais par l'humour book and 3 cds.
Apprenez L'Amerique! book and 3 cds.
L'Anglais Des Sciences book and 4 cassettes.

This is a fairly comprehensive amount of material to learn English. The unfortunate thing I found is the same is not the case to learn French, Spanish, Italian or German. The other large bases. There is a business French and Spanish, maybe there will be more in the future for the other languages.

*Note some of the programs have gone out of print.

2 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version