Triglot
Hong Kong
Joined 4117 days ago

28 posts - 39 votes
Speaks: Cantonese*, English, Mandarin
Studies: French, German, Spanish

Message 1 of 3
02 March 2013 at 12:54am | IP Logged 
I would like advice on which one to use for German, French and Spanish respectively. I
refer to the OLDER generations of both series (knowledge of generations according to
Prof. Arguelles).

Due to some reasons, unfortunately, I will only be able to get either set for each
language. Do anyone have experience with them and can offer advice?

Thank you.

Edited by evol on 02 March 2013 at 1:08am

1 person has voted this message useful

maydayayday
Pentaglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5006 days ago

564 posts - 839 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Italian, SpanishB2, FrenchB2
Studies: Arabic (Egyptian), Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Polish, Persian, Vietnamese
Studies: Urdu

Message 2 of 3
02 March 2013 at 1:20am | IP Logged 
I much prefer Colloquial if I have done any prior study at all - but it depends on your starting point.

evol
Triglot
Hong Kong
Joined 4117 days ago

28 posts - 39 votes
Speaks: Cantonese*, English, Mandarin
Studies: French, German, Spanish

Message 3 of 3
05 March 2013 at 2:43am | IP Logged 
I resolve to order both.

Yeah, I don't actually know how the learning will proceed, nor do I really understand what's inside the
materials and how they're different. I value you fellow's advice very much, and my money as well, but I
now think otherwise, that as a beginner of auto-didactic language learning, it's not bad to invest more
and spend more time to have access to a wider range of materials myself, so as to outweigh the
disadvantage of little experience when learning the first three, and lay a better grounding in the
selection of materials, by which, then, I can design the best program for myself and help the others.

By the way, are there different generations of the "old" TYS and "old" Colloquial, as I call them? And do
they have audio materials?

Edited by evol on 05 March 2013 at 4:49am

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version