105 messages over 14 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6347 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 105 of 105
06 April 2016 at 12:09am | IP Logged 
pagare wrote:
If my mind wanders was all the hours of "listening" a waste of time? Man listening can be so damn boring when you don't understand the full meaning :( I listen for hours and I have to catch myself constantly to listen am I wasting my time or it still matters regardless?
Have you made progress? That's the best way to know. But it's not necessarily binary. Don't fall into the trap of worrying about perfect conditions. It's not a choice between 100% efficiency and 0% efficiency. Inefficient listening can still help with things like intonation, pronunciation, Sprachgefühl, perhaps endings etc. Don't dwell on the past :)

3 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 105 messages over 14 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version