Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4948 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 25 of 153
02 May 2013 at 11:17pm | IP Logged 
I couldn't study for the past three days because I was busy with renovating my apartment. So, today I finally did lesson 19 and there's one more lesson to go. And I don't know what I'm doing next! =D I think I need some reading input before I try some listening. I've bookmarked a few Youtube videos but only at my home desktop which I can't access now.
1 person has voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4948 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 26 of 153
03 May 2013 at 10:00pm | IP Logged 
So, I finished the textbook and I really don't know what I'm doing next! I'm going to keep on reading the magazine in parallel with Georgian, while I try to collect some Youtube videos worth learning from. I'm not really in the mood for the news.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4948 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 27 of 153
07 May 2013 at 9:35pm | IP Logged 
While I can't find fresh stories in Papiamento to spend time with, am still sick of news and haven't committed to watching gossip at Youtube, I keep moving on with my paralle Georgian-Papiamento reading project. I've come across the word "tòg" which I couldn't find in Donamaro's dictionary but it may be an emphasis particle.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4948 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 28 of 153
07 May 2013 at 9:43pm | IP Logged 
Just found a playlist. Not sure if it's all in Papiamento or Dutch or Spanish, but here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1F2BC203E02002F3

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4948 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 29 of 153
07 May 2013 at 10:28pm | IP Logged 
After so much struggle, I finally found children's stories

Storia pa Mucha

Still not what I have in mind, I'd like something like Contemporary Georgian Fiction =D but it will do for the time being. Now I think Papiamentu made its way at the native materials learning level.

EDIT: Its mother site has more stuff also for grown-ups:

http://www.jukaproductions.nl/

Edited by Expugnator on 07 May 2013 at 10:38pm

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4948 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 30 of 153
08 May 2013 at 9:47pm | IP Logged 
E siman aki mi a kaba lesa i studia e libru Papiamentu Textbook, di E. R. Goilo. Mi a kuminsa wak e programa di televishon DC 21 na Youtube. Mi també ta lesando un revista na papiamentu tur dia, i lo mi ke kuminsa lesa e storianan kortiku ku mi a haña ayera. Mi por komprende ya un tiki di papiamentu, ma ami no por papia pasobra awor mi no tin manera di praktiká.

This week I finished reading and studying the book "Papiamentu Texbook", by E.R.GOilo. I started to watch the TV program DC 21 on Youtube. I'm also reading a magazine on Papiamentu everyday, and I want to start reading the short stories I found yesterday. I can already understand a bit of Papiamentu, but I can't talk because I don't have means of practicing it.

=====
I've just watched my first video!!

DC21_01 Part 2 of 3 Papiamento - Idioma Of Dialecto?

This TV show is a series of documentaries on the language and culture of the islands. I understand about 85%. Aruban is harder than Curaçaoan. When there are some Dutch words in between I usually get lost too.

I skipped part 1 because the browser here isn't updated and won't load it, I may come back to it later at home. I think i'm going to have a nice, fruitful time by watching this.

It's also time to start harvesting the blog Papiamentu tur dia. So, I'll be glad to add it to my schedule replacing Papiamentu Textbook.

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4497 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 31 of 153
08 May 2013 at 10:00pm | IP Logged 
Expugnator wrote:
This TV show is a series of documentaries on the language and culture of the islands. I understand about 85%. Aruban is harder than Curaçaoan. When there are some Dutch words in between I usually get lost too.

Interesting! Marcelo Adnet said that for him Aruban was easier and slower, and Curaçaoan much faster and filled with Dutch words.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4948 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 32 of 153
08 May 2013 at 10:27pm | IP Logged 
Ah then maybe it's the other way round, indeed. At the video it's not mentioned who is from where, you can just strikingly notice the difference. Then the man with the moustache might be from Curaçao.

This discussion contains 153 messages over 20 pages: << Prev 1 2 35 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version