Diglot
Czech RepublicRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4355 days ago

23 posts - 24 votes
Speaks: Czech*, English
Studies: German, Russian

Message 1 of 6
20 April 2013 at 5:36pm | IP Logged 
Hi guys. I have read few topics here about what to study after pimsleur but I wanna ask you if somebody knows about something what is similar to pimsleur. Because As I see this method is for me the best. I have completed 30 pimsleur russian lessons nad I remember everything while if I try to learn new words with some other method I will forget them soon. I have few other audio lessons but they are not similar :-/ I need some audio lessons where I will repeat few words over and over again. Sorry for mistakes I am hurry :-D thank for answer ;)
1 person has voted this message useful

hrhenry
Octoglot
United States
languagehopper.blogs
Joined 4942 days ago

1871 posts - 3642 votes 
Speaks: English*, SpanishC2, ItalianC2, Norwegian, Catalan, Galician, Turkish, Portuguese
Studies: Polish, Indonesian, Ojibwe

Message 2 of 6
20 April 2013 at 6:50pm | IP Logged 
I haven't checked out the Russian program from this group, but I have checked out other
languages from a group called
Innovative Language.

In my experience, you'll probably learn slightly more (though not by much) than
Pimsleur, particularly with their Survival series. You also get PDFs of each lesson. I
think the survival series consists of 50 very short lessons, learning one or two points
each lesson.

They have other series within their courses - xxxxpod101 or xxxclass101, but they
incorporate some video with them, and include PDFs as well. They also have another
series called Word Power, but I don't have any experience with that.

The pod101 and class101 series are based on a freemium model - you get the basic audio
and PDFs for free and offer other things beyond that for a subscription price.

Otherwise, there are also the courses from book2.de. They are also audio-only with PDFs
if you want to utilize them. I don't care as much for these courses. The audio's not
nearly as good, and the content is disjointed to me. But I appreciate that their
courses are free.

None of these courses will offer a true Pimsleur-style course, although Innovative at
least makes an attempt to repeat vocabulary and grammar throughout its courses.

R.
==

Edited by hrhenry on 20 April 2013 at 6:51pm

Darklight1216
Diglot
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4912 days ago

411 posts - 639 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: German

Message 3 of 6
20 April 2013 at 11:02pm | IP Logged 
You might want to see if your library has purchased a subscription to Mango Lanuguages. They too use spaced repitition in conjunction with the written word. However, if you've done 30 lessons of Pimsleur, it might not be advanced enough for you, but it's worth a look if your library can get it for you for free.

alang
Diglot
Canada
Joined 7033 days ago

563 posts - 757 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish

Message 4 of 6
21 April 2013 at 12:37pm | IP Logged 

There is a program, that promotes itself after Pimsleur and Michel Thomas to learn
Russian. I listened to parts of it before and I found the English extremely annoying and
stopped listening. I listened to it again, but the English speaker it seems has changed,
as it is not annoying any more to me. Keep in mind it is only 3 cds, so I cannot see how
anyone could become an advance speaker with these. 3 levels and overall 9 cds for now.

Try it out Audia Learn.

I found another program, that is a copy of Pimsleur. It offers Russian, but the Russian
is for beginners, so I do not think it will help you.

leosmith
United States
Joined 6362 days ago

2365 posts - 3804 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Tagalog

Message 5 of 6
22 April 2013 at 6:22pm | IP Logged 
Why not just do the remaining 60 Pimsleur lessons?

hooky
Diglot
Czech RepublicRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4355 days ago

23 posts - 24 votes
Speaks: Czech*, English
Studies: German, Russian

Message 6 of 6
22 April 2013 at 8:22pm | IP Logged 
thx all, I looked at some products and I will see :) I am still looking for something :)

Leosmith: I will do the remaining 60 but I dont know what I will choose than.

I have noticed that with this method I remember a lot of new words and for me this is really the best If I want to learn and think about a language. So that is the reason why I am looking for something similar. :)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version