Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4012 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 257 of 812
25 November 2013 at 12:46pm | IP Logged 
You can't actually see it there on the left but I added Swedish. I'll make it visible once I feel brave enough to do it.
Watched Hypnotisören. Well, the movie itself... 7/10 and it should be even less. Why the hell I was thinking that Lasse Hallström would be good at shooting detective thriller? Well, apparently I wasn't thinking at all.
Plus, Eng subs was weird, badly translated and it wasn't doing any help.
So, this is how one of my phone screens looks like now:

I'm not that good to deal even with German Babbel, so that one is for future. Another one... boring but useful. I also should find something on Memrise. Weird feelings haunting me all the time though.
Seriously. One undeniable good point of Hypnotisören is speech in the movie. Oh, that was just normal, just as I was already used to it. But I am not and I didn't really hear many, many moments. If I do hear Swedish it seems either slow or pathetic, it depends on speaker. I did some of Babbel anyway, male there speaks definitely pathetic to me. And I can't please even the microphone with my pronunciation. Whatever...
English is alright. For I didn't do anything at home I translated the text from Russian to English at university. There was nothing wrong - at least in that sentence that I was asked to read, hehe. We're dealing with nouns/adjectives and other stuff + prepositions and there are some truly strange things for me (key to smth) and so on - had to get used to it, what else can I do?
I intend to forget about all homework and watch Blackout. And I will.
Oh, and I actually went through German Anki (I was bored), played Ling-Ling (the same reason) and read a little bit of The Unadulterated Cat (oh, I need to finish that).
So, that's it for now.
P.S. 1/5 translations accepted! Yay! link to meaningless lyrics and its translation to Russian
2 persons have voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4012 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 258 of 812
26 November 2013 at 9:26am | IP Logged 
A bit of learning Swedish through apps, a very little bit of German LingLing - for today.
Yesterday I preferred to re-watch two movies: In Time and Stockholm Östra. It was quite a discovery for me to see that I put 9/10 to Stockholm Östra, so I fixed it to 10/10. This happens sometimes :)
And today I swallowed two seasons with 6 episodes in total of Morden i Sandhamn. Too much Swedish.
Deleted Rosetta Stone. I should have done it long ago, but it was hard thing to do.
Downloading yet another textbook: Begegnungen Deutsch als Fremdsprache A1+. Theoretically I just need to learn some words and use it, but it seems nearly impossible. I just can't do things right, hehe.
Have a bunch of movies to watch, one of them in Danish (thank you, Mikael Persbrandt), the rest is either in Swedish or in English. I need to do my homework, but I actually want to spend more time with languages. I just want, hehe.
Oh, and I stayed home today. My nose feels bad, that began on Sunday and I need to see if it can be fixed today. I have to be there tomorrow (physical chemistry lab :( ), so it's good to see that I'm not wasting the time completely and doing somewhat artificial immersion.
1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4012 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 259 of 812
27 November 2013 at 3:27pm | IP Logged 
Exposed myself to some Danish - Hævnen. Worth it, 10/10.
At the bus stop today's morning I completed The Unadulterated Cat. Too hard for me. Then I have to choose what to read next. Oh, that was quite a struggle... Tried to start Discworld - drop it instantly. Chose Emma by Mrs. Austen - closed it with thoughts "Why not to read something new?". Opened Fahrenheit, 451 - closed with the same reason. Didn't find The Flight of the Falcon by Daphne du Maurier, was close to explode and then...
Mercy aka The keeper of lost causes. 11% already. Don't think that I'll give myself up to Danish that easy. Have read a lot of Joanna Chmielewska's novels when Denmark was present but never ever thought about learning Danish.
Ok, never say never, but not now, I'm sure of that.
Not brave enough to make Swedish visible. Plus, I didn't do anything with it yet.
P.S. Yesterday I watched Disconnect. I know that I do look like stupid girl promoting movies she saw, but this one worth a look. We're all in internet here, so it may be important.
P.S. Another translation accepted. I see that I've made some mistakes there, but now I'm not able to fix it. Try fo find them: link

Edited by Via Diva on 27 November 2013 at 3:29pm

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4485 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 260 of 812
27 November 2013 at 4:00pm | IP Logged 
Haevnen is great.

You got taste.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4012 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 261 of 812
27 November 2013 at 4:18pm | IP Logged 
Whoa, thanks :) Really, really glad to hear it.
Actually, when you'll have nothing to do, you can check my movie profile here - and practice some Russian through descriptions too :) Oh, I need to make the same for IMDb, but it'll take a whole lot of time and patience. Still better that physical chemistry though -_-

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4485 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 262 of 812
27 November 2013 at 4:47pm | IP Logged 
I hated physical chemistry when I took it. Mostly because that was right before I got
diagnosed with a chronic gut inflammation. I managed to sit the exam semi-behind the pc
semi-in the bathroom, without getting any of the computer questions right, and pass.

It's a miracle I managed it with my hemoglobin values that low.

Edited by tarvos on 27 November 2013 at 4:47pm

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4012 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 263 of 812
27 November 2013 at 5:13pm | IP Logged 
I've no excuse like that and I don't think this situation will ever change. I just had to admit that I should've either went to simple chemistry or somewhere else (history, for example).
Ok, that's too sad topic to discuss anyway.

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4485 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 

Message 264 of 812
27 November 2013 at 5:26pm | IP Logged 
Nah, you'll be fine. The best people always doubted they would get there - that's why
they worked so hard to succeed.

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version