Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 265 of 812
27 November 2013 at 5:32pm | IP Logged 
Who said I'm working hard? I'm a typical lazy idiot and that is my problem :) It's kinda obvious if try to read my log thoroughly, I guess.
1 person has voted this message useful

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4466 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 266 of 812
27 November 2013 at 5:33pm | IP Logged 
Via Diva wrote:
Who said I'm working hard? I'm a typical lazy idiot and that is my
problem :) It's kinda obvious if try to read my log thoroughly, I guess.

I say the same thing about myself. We both know it's not true.

Edited by tarvos on 27 November 2013 at 5:33pm

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 267 of 812
28 November 2013 at 4:00am | IP Logged 
Ok, if you think so :)

I even made a mistake in order to get back to meme about der Sommer for I didn't screenshooted (is it correct?) it at first.
Actually I think this was my only mistake during German Memrise session. Maybe there was another is the beginning, I don't remember. Anyway, that seems good and weird at once.
Before that I checked Swedish one - oh, it's too hard to concentrate and words are mixing up. That's just the beginning, what to say?

Edited by Via Diva on 28 November 2013 at 4:01am

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 268 of 812
28 November 2013 at 5:59pm | IP Logged 
After quite a morning which I described above the day came. I watched Grabben i graven bredvid - easy and funny movie, I gave it 8/10, but objectively it should be 7, I guess.
Actually I thought about something German to watch, but there was nothing. I chose movies to fix it, while I was downloading, I had to deal with university.
There were pauses dedicated to my laziness and lack of concentration, but there was another pause which happened because of F1. Ross Brawn leaving Mercedes and this is sad for me, so sad that I've finally written something in my blog, which I hadn't been doing for weeks.
Hence I finished with studying only half of hour ago. Studying! If only boring titration graphs could be called with actual word "studying"...
It would be the same even if I did go to uni today, just without languages. Eh...

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 269 of 812
29 November 2013 at 1:24pm | IP Logged 
After a weird and not quite successful lab work we're with my classmate went to eat. She's the one who learns German while the rest of us dig into English on a different levels. Since Memrise app became more stable than it used to be, I started to learn words. Actually, I did it in the morning before lab when I arrived to the university (and I there wasn't any mistakes as far as I can remember), but that didn't stop me. She didn't understood where was German in app, but soon afterwards she figured out. Seeing "but" in question zone she instantly said "aber". "Thanks, I know it myself". Then she saw me typing manchmal and said that she doesn't know such words. I doubted that at once but then admitted that I didn't know that word before too. I told her about that method to remember that Sommer is masculine and she agreed at once, so her reaction was somewhat like mine. She told me that articles do tend to be forgettable and then complained that without them you can't build any sentence.
I would be just like her if only I knew grammar as good as she does, I assume...

Swedish would be in a form of a movie (maybe) for I am not ready for any session in any app after any Friday in this semester. Oh, how I wish to hear some rock like Opeth or Dream Theater or Savatage in Swedish language... in German too, btw. Eh :(

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 270 of 812
30 November 2013 at 4:01am | IP Logged 
Wake up too early today. I really wanted to go to sleep a little bit more, but I kept on lurking internet. I think I am somewhat vain person, I care about people's attention to me too much. For example, I do try to figure out which one of my posts was voted here - so I did when I saw 39 instead of 38 today morning. Oh, I know it's bad, but I have no idea how to fight against is. Plus, that helps me to calculate my usefulness for other people. My introduction on InterPals has led me to nothing (at the present moment):

Not that I expected to become popular, but most people didn't even glanced at my profile. OK, no big deal :)
Done with speaking of my vices, now let's go to languages. I didn't watch a thing yesterday, but I listened to whole lot of songs instead. Hence the picture of "coming soon" category:

Yeah, I've made first five of them yesterday evening. I could do even more, but I got a little bored and decided to switch to something else.
And today after long and boring checking of social networks (how fast I became addicted...) I tried Swedish Memrise. Mistakes, mistakes and mistakes. But... Jag mår inte bra.
I'm still ill btw.
Anyway, after Swedish I understood that nothing will let me sleep until the evening will come. Eventually I ended up with PokerStars and Mother Russia by dear Iron Maiden. Hadn't heard this excellent piece before yesterday. But it's not excellent enough to stay tuned for long, so I turned on Savatage's Dead Winter Dead and opened German Memrise.
I remember clearly: I haven't done a single mistake. And I really learned some new words like anstrengend or nieder. Ok, I hesitated about the first one, fixed it with Google Almighty Translate, but all needs its time and Ich fühle mich schlecht.
Still it surprises me how I'm managing to go through levels without mistakes. I had to many causes to do so! I give you only one example:

Don't tell me this happens every day.

Gosh, how many words and how few of language learning...

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 271 of 812
01 December 2013 at 12:06pm | IP Logged 
Luck with Memrise left me today, made some stupid mistakes and did very little of it.
Yesterday I watched movies in three languages: Maria Larssons eviga ögonblick in Swedish (7/10), Blackout - 3 episodes in English (7/10) and re-watched Das Experiment. Having problems with concentration in Memrise, I watched something in German - Lila, Lila. 8/10, thanks to one guy named Daniel, I guess... I intend to re-watch Good bye, Lenin! because my mood is bad and I'm unable to do something useful today.
Well, usefulness usually depends, and, maybe, I already did something useful today. I wrote an English entry in blog on Russian site. I even created a new blog for that. I give you a link to it on lang-8.
I don't think that this idea will lead to something decent, but why not to try? F1 is quite international sport and fans literally can't get away without some English words. Russian выходные converts into week-end even by our commentators here, and this is just a sole example. I can even say that some people can actually learn English because of F1. So... let’s see if it’ll work.
I have some handwriting but I'm too lazy to upload it. I wanted to make some kind of a composition and then work with it in Photoshop, but it wasn't looking good and I dropped шею
Even poker gets worse, I'm generally losing today. Eh...

Edited by Via Diva on 01 December 2013 at 12:07pm

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 272 of 812
02 December 2013 at 3:17pm | IP Logged 
I've nothing to say about language learning today but to mention that I really want to read that novel (28.1% so far).
Remember that picture with soon-to-be-published translations. They think that I use Google Translate for 4/6 rejected translations. Other two didn't pass through and I'm not surprised, but to accuse me of using electronic translators?.. Well, I don't know.
So, there are two accepted ones: one, two. I wonder why these don't seem somewhat automatic to them.
P.S. Can you agree that this looks like a machine translation?

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version