Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 38 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 297 of 812
10 December 2013 at 4:20pm | IP Logged 
listened to 2 or 3 GermanPod101 lessons for I was really incapable of doing something else. I even fell asleep for 3 hours and wake up somewhere after 21:00 (now it's 22:19). I have a right to say that languages learning is dominating comparing to university because apart from listening I did nothing about uni homework. I have loads of things to do, but I'm exhausted and language seems to work like hobby.
1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 298 of 812
11 December 2013 at 1:15pm | IP Logged 
I wanted to present myself to fulfill our first Team STARt challenge in order to encourage others to do the same. But today's physical chemistry clearly pointed that I'm close to be expelled if I won't deal with three extra big exercises about phase transitions. Not that I'm going to do it right now, I have a whole lot of other stuff to do, but you get the idea of bad mood, I think...
So, music is the only link from me to languages (I don't think I should mention thoughts in English since there is no day without them), including German (Showtime by Letzte Instanz seems to be particularly close to me, hehe). I have an English lesson tomorrow, but I'm not at all sure that I'll do my homework, haha!
P.S. Bonus in Russian - game of the words, started by Frazer (also in twitter)

That's pretty much sums up all what I feel now, hehe.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6378 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 299 of 812
11 December 2013 at 3:08pm | IP Logged 
Haha that's some nice word play! or not very nice, ugh...

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5128 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 300 of 812
11 December 2013 at 10:17pm | IP Logged 
Via Diva wrote:
[...] Well, one needs a rest after writing down 6 A4 pages from such a good author as... whooops, you still haven't guessed him? So I'll stay silent :)

Stefan Zweig vielleicht?

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 301 of 812
12 December 2013 at 1:29am | IP Logged 
Serpent, I'd say it's true and certainly not nice for me right now (though I laugh when I see it)...
Emme, Ja, natürlich! Ich habe gedacht, dass es offensichtlich ist :)

Edited by Via Diva on 12 December 2013 at 1:43am

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 302 of 812
12 December 2013 at 12:05pm | IP Logged 
Though I literally have to study now, I did my presentation for Team STARt. Tune in, it'll be there soon ^_^
P.S. Nothing special at English lesson, not the best, not the worst.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 303 of 812
12 December 2013 at 12:44pm | IP Logged 
YouTube video: pics+audio. Since my pronunciation is awful, I give you text too:
Quote:
Hello everyone!
My name is Daria, but most of you know me as Via Diva - well, that's my nickname. It has been chosen long ago and it doesn't mean a thing, so, please, don't think that I'm fretful girl or something worse. I'm not an angel, but that doesn't mean that I should be the opposite, eh?
I want to present myself in order to fulfill my own task for Team STARt. Yeah, everyone is equal and why should I be an exception? Plus, I see that people are either busy or shy to start posting their presentations. I could give up, but I'm a team leader and I hope that my example will kick others to get down to the business.
My log originally was entitled "How NOT to learn languages" and I think that there is a great deal of truth in this words. My experience is just another example of unsure learner, which has no plan and no goal in language learning. The situation hasn't changed since April (that is the month of my registration here on HTLAL), but now it seems that I can find the way out of darkness and improve my ways of learning.
My target languages are English, German, Swedish and, as I plan, Italian. I'm not sure about last two, but English and German are fixed on their places very tight and there is simply no way to run away from these two. My relationship with English worth another whole story and I do not intend to tell it now. German came up somewhere in the beginning of this year or even in the end of past: the language gradually was torturing me with its beauty and complexity. I moved from German movies to German music - to Austrian band Angizia, to be precise - and end up here. There was a pause in all my studies and, therefore, my presence here. It's completely normal for me because that's who I am: I can be mad about something for a month and then forget about the very existence of that something for another month.
But in 2014 situation should be different for now I have a responsibility to Team STARt. Maybe I'll tell you how that one appeared from literally nothing, but not now, hehe. Now I want to stop this quasi presentation and say some words in my TL.
Oh, dear German speakers, sorry for any type of mistakes which you'll hear (see):
Hallo und guten Tag! Mein Name ist Daria. Ich bin neunzehn Jahre alt, aber ich hoffe, dass es nicht richtig ist :) Ich wohne in Russland, in der großer Stadt in kaltem Sibirien. Es gibt hier viel weißen Schnee und durchsichtiges Eis, die die Straßen bedeckt. Es ist wirklich kalt hier, aber wir haben uns gewöhnt.
Ich mag die deutsche Sprache und ich will es lernen. Ich weiß doch, dass es nicht leicht ist, aber es kann nicht mich aufhören. Oder, vielleicht, ich hoffe, dass es nicht mich aufhören kann...

Edited by Via Diva on 12 December 2013 at 12:46pm

4 persons have voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 304 of 812
13 December 2013 at 1:11pm | IP Logged 
That's the Friday 13th, kids...
Yesterday I was completely useless, I couldn't learn a thing, I couldn't concentrate. I was worried about my introduction video and lack of feedback was adding up in that mix. Plus, it's all so unclear with our team and I'm so shy to go and PM everyone...
Ok, languages. Nothing.
No, really, what languages learning do you expect when your first ever chromatography lab is full of THIS?

Plus flying syringe's piston, primarily broken syringes and OLD apparatus... yeah, we're lucky.
And then there was thermodynamics reference work. I doubt that I did even half of it, hehe.
There's another pic in Russian which is very similar to those from above:

And you know what? I want to do another video. I just don't know what it should be about))

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version