Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 64 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 505 of 812
01 August 2014 at 5:23pm | IP Logged 
6WC, day one.
After some overwatering and lots of bad thoughts about my memory...

Listened to Schiller's Die Räuber. I wasn't really attentive, to be honest, I don't think that I got even 10% of it, but I enjoyed the very sounding of German really, really much. Plus, it was quite inspiring :D

Now I have to count my last.fm stats and after that, probably, read. But it's also possible that I will just go to sleep, because it's only the start and I don't want to get exhausted at the very beginning.
1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 506 of 812
02 August 2014 at 6:42pm | IP Logged 
6WC, day two
Except for Memrise all activities were passive. Listened to lots of Schachnovelle (and still had to divide time, cause I was trying to make more than above in 2048, making salad, browsing internet... feel like Caesar!), watched Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter with Russian subtitles, exposing myself to lots of German (therefore counting without dividing), some Polish and actions of lots of fools. And songs... they are always there :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 507 of 812
03 August 2014 at 4:18pm | IP Logged 
6WC, day three
I forgot to turn on stopwatch when I started to write this, so I won't count it in stats, but it took some time...

Ich bin sehr faul, aber ich kann das irgendwie benutzen. Als ich 2048 mit meinem Handy spiele, höre ich ein Audiobuch zu. Das ist ganz einfach und sehr praktisch für mich. Und das ist keine einzige Methode, die ich gebrauche. Ich lerne neue Wörter mit Memrise. Ich werde bald etwas lesen. Vielleicht werde ich auch mehr schreiben.
Aber das wesentliche Ding ist jetzt die Grammatik, und ich muss etwas mit ihr tun. Ich schreibe das, obwohl ich nicht viele grammatische Regeln weiß. Ich weiß noch nicht, wie ich das fixieren werde. Ich bin sicher, dass ich etwas studieren soll. Vielleicht die Filme und Bücher helfen mir werden, aber ich weiß, dass es ein langsamer Weg ist.
Ich habe fast sechs Wochen für mein Studium, und ich will in dieser Zeit einen großen* Fortschritt machen.
* autocorrected by Word from „ein großer“

Meh!..

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 508 of 812
04 August 2014 at 12:14pm | IP Logged 
6WC, day four
I do get tired from languages. Having done a lot in three days I couldn't do anything (but read a little) this morning, I just had to forget both English and German and listen to something in Russian. It took quite a while, but after that i could listen to HP6 for two hours, and, maybe, even more if I hadn't Memrise to stuck with.
I have reached level 50 in 83-levels course, and situation so far looks really flattering:

I am overviewing German grammar by reading Deutsche Grammatik mit menschlichem Antlitz bit by bit. I can't say that it's really useful from the point of writing - no, everything I wrote yesterday was only controlled by things I have learned already, and since I haven't learned a lot of grammar, there was a bunch of mistakes, as italki correction shows.
Anyway, when I am done overviewing, I need to pick up a course and go. That would be really hard, I think I will be burning with a desire to drop anything I take, but I hope that by the week 3 I will be stuck with one course (maximum two).
I am also considering Assimil for fixing up my pronunciation as in "listen, listen, listen, read aloud while recording and compare", but, once again, I am not sure if I can do that on a regular basis.

It's easy to stuck to Memrise (if you really want to). There is nothing hard in listening to songs and audiobooks. The rest demands some willpower, and have a lack of it. On the other hand, judging just by my current score, even with lack of the willpower I am doing well. So what can happen if I will gather some?..

Gemuse
Germany
Joined 3842 days ago

818 posts - 1189 votes 
Speaks: English
Studies: German

Message 509 of 812
04 August 2014 at 8:26pm | IP Logged 
Keep it up!

Which course are you doing on memrise?

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 510 of 812
05 August 2014 at 1:46am | IP Logged 
This one, and it has a nasty habit of repeating the words you have learned earlier in the course, which might be useful, of course, but sometimes is just hugely annoying.
Was able to follow HP6 chapter that I haven't L-R yet. Well. I do remember the book quite well and blah blah blah, but it feels great. I think I will be going on with just the listening part for while now.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 511 of 812
05 August 2014 at 2:55pm | IP Logged 
6WC, day five
Most of German grammar that I know I have learned comes from a Russian-based course that I have done about a year ago and Michel Thomas Foundation Course. I don't really know how this knowledge of grammar gets me to A2 level, but I can't be sure that I know this well enough. I am now going to review this all using Lextra Grammatik A1-A2 book, but if it will turn out to be very hard at some point I will just have to come back to FSI German and stop being afraid of dealing with LONG lessons.
Well, 30 minutes just today isn't a guarantee that I will stick to it, but so far Lextra looks just like something I wanted for grammar I had some idea about. If that wouldn't be enough I will try to stick to ABC Grammatik... again.
I also should give a go to Themen Aktuell, but right now it doesn't look like a book I would like to deal with.
Assimil is boring so far, because I have done first lessons some time ago, but right now I want to complete it just to be able to say "Wow, I completed Assimil".
I have some other plans on my mind, but I am just curious what will happen with them if I won't describe them here. If I will forget them then they weren't that good :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 512 of 812
06 August 2014 at 6:53pm | IP Logged 
6WC, day six
After a post I wrote here yesterday I was kicked back to poker dramatically. I managed to complete some Assimil while playing, and I managed to do just the same today. Can't say the same about Lextra Grammatik - even though I really want to work through ein paar Lektionen I just can't do it, poker and laziness keep intervening.
On the other hand, I listened a lot of HP6 today. Even dividing time by 2 for the lack of attention I pay to the book I improved my stats a lot today. I am not sure if I will L-R Harry Potter at all, because I don't need special lexicon of magic world, from this point it's much more reasonable to look at works of my dear Stefan Zweig. But all these things require a lot of storage space and my phone and its SD card are full of everything now. Unlock My Brain demands a lot of free storage space, big books are taking 500 Mb at best and blah blah blah. This to say that until I am done with HP6 and HP7 (which I will listen right afterwards) I won't be able to L-R.

Oh, and I am probably doing Assimil wrong. I listen to the lesson once or twice, read and complete exercises and then I record the main text. If I am not satisfied with results (and I don't even compare them to the original) I re-record it. I already finished first 14 lessons, hence I have 12 recordings on my phone and I don't even know why do I keep them. I can upload them, but what for?

Edited by Via Diva on 06 August 2014 at 6:56pm

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version