Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 66 ... 101 102 Next >>
BAnna
Triglot
United States
Joined 4381 days ago

409 posts - 616 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Spanish
Studies: Russian, Turkish

Message 521 of 812
14 August 2014 at 4:23pm | IP Logged 
Since you enjoyed the German kid radio, you might also like the TV/podcast version of kid news (in German, obviously):

Logo

I listened to this daily at the A2-B1 stage and found it really helped my understanding and was fun.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 522 of 812
15 August 2014 at 6:36am | IP Logged 
Thank you! I have just spent an hour there... and it's just awesome to be able to follow an actual TV! I don't even feel bad about this being made for kids - in German I am a kid (and I am less than 2 years old, haha), and so I shall watch kid things as if they were made for me :)
1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 523 of 812
15 August 2014 at 4:45pm | IP Logged 
6WC, day fifteen

I could write a lot about this day (just as usual), but the result speaks for everything. I ended up writing a poem...
The only thing that bothers me here is grammar, so I place it both on italki and lang-8 purely out of curiosity and for learning purposes, haha.

Meine Träume umarmen mich,
sie wollen mich umbringen.
Sie schreien „du und ich“!
Ich konnte das nicht verdienen…

Jetzt bin ich ganz allein,
niemand kommt in meiner Nähe.
Meine Träume laden mich ein,
doch muss ich fest stehen.

Ich brauche ein Wort, ein Schrei, ein Schweigen,
ich nehme alles, was du mir geben kannst.
Na ja, zuerst muss ich still und ruhig bleiben,
aber… ich hab‘ nie gesehen, wie du schreist…

Vielleicht das war meine Fatalität…
Bist du ein Teil meiner Träume?
Ich bin zwischen Traum und Realität,
ich sehe nun nur Alpträume

„Du bist kein Mensch!“ – die Schreien
von meiner Seele fliehen schnell und leise.
Ach, ich möchte alles jetzt verwehen,
doch blieb ich ganz auf meine Weise.

Ich brauche nur Ruhe,
aber suche das ich nicht.
Das war eine große Lüge,
und lüge ich mir ins Gesicht.

(you can find links on page 1)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 524 of 812
16 August 2014 at 3:20pm | IP Logged 
The poem needs some polishing, but at least one person called it ein schönes/imposantes Gedicht. Honestly...

6WC, day sixteen
Laziness at its best. Radio (for grown-ups) laaaate yesterday evening and today morning, Doctor Who auf deutsch ohne Untertitel, some Memrise with a fully ignored planting session (du, ich usw at level 80. Really?).
Obviously the course will be finished tomorrow, and after that I really should get down to the grammar. I doubt that I will find another good course, which won't be too hard or too easy, but even if I will find it, grammar is of more importance now.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 525 of 812
17 August 2014 at 5:11pm | IP Logged 
6WC, day seventeen

I have started 6WC from level 40, which means that during 17 days I have learned more than... in months (I don't actually remember when exactly have I added this course, but it surely was quite long ago).

To be honest, I think I could have done much more in these weeks, but my lazy dreamy mind just muck me down in thoughts about the past, the future (and I mean impossible future) and other not really useful things. Although sometimes that brings some achievements (das Gedicht!), mostly it is dragging me back.

Okay, apart from that:
- finished DGmMA. The last topics were with tasks and I wasn't going to do any of it (with ONE exception) for it was freakingly hard for me.
Had some time of mad laughter over this:

Not going to go near this book for a looong time, I think. There might be exceptions if I suddenly decide to use it as a handbook, but I won't read it again like this.
- 2 episodes of Doctor Who auf Deutsch. I think I understand now what is the problem with my English when it comes to watching things. I want to understand everything and, of course, I fail, and there are a lot of reasons for that (not the best hearing - headphones ruin your ears, I warned you, lots of advanced vocabulary - I am not tech/ sci-fi nerd etc), whereas when I watch it in German I don't even aim to understand everything. Well, yeah, I have watched these episodes in English with Russian subtitles (I had no choice), but still I haven't expected that I can understand so much!
I am bad with this kind of math, so I can't really measure the amount of what I understand, but I can follow the plot without significant problems most of the time. I see now that I should have done the same thing with English, but I had no time and was too scared to even try (and it stays so even now), but what's the point of whining? At least I can try to do in with German... and I am curious to see when this tactic with lead me.

Now it's time for some radio (and I am talking about adult news thing, have tried that two days ago and can't stop - never though that news (which I hate when it comes to Russian) might be that interesting! :D

P.S. Gosh, how long are my updates about such small things...

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 526 of 812
18 August 2014 at 3:20pm | IP Logged 
6WC, day eighteen
"So, it's Monday, and you can't run away from grammar any longer!" - thought I this morning and went out.
It was hellishly hot here and when I came back I was exhausted, an hour of radio made me sleepy, but I didn't managed to fall asleep, turned on Dr Who when I was quite sure that nothing will help me to get some sleep.
I haven't mentioned that yesterday I wanted to watch more, but my laptop went extremely buggy and I had to stop. Well, today only the time could stop me, so I watched three episodes. Then after a little rest I took a deep breath and opened Langenscheidt Grammatik Intensivtrainer A1.
I really thought that it would be an easy walk in the beginning, 1,5 years (almost) can't mean nothing, but by the end of an hour I was exhausted and really angry. There was quite a bunch of reasons for me to be angry...
1) my awful handwriting: everything gets bad when I have no time and no real desire to write beautiful. I don't even care about the beauty of my handwriting, but I need it to be understandable - but I doubt I will understand it a month later...

That's my eternal problem with any kind of studies, but I think that this would be particularly awful for language studies. I guess that's just another reason why I am never going to deal with Japanese, for example, haha.
2) difficulties: yeah, I am still not sure what comes on which position - should I mention the time or the action first and so on. Well, I won't argue that I can look that up somewhere else, but, damn it, couldn't the textbook write at least something about that?
3) evaluating. This is now I have tried to evaluate what I have achieved on 5-ball scale:

Es endet für mich im Krankenhaus. At least it seems so now.
Maybe I will simply try another book next time? Right now I know that I am done with textbooks for today, and that's it, haha. At least I am not dead :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 527 of 812
19 August 2014 at 4:09pm | IP Logged 
6WC, day nineteen
The weather has its impact on me and after some (boring, tbh) lessons of Deutsch - Warum nicht? I fell asleep and forgot about my breathing problems and headache. Fortunately, this isn't that bad all day long, so I woke up ready to watch some Dr Who (Doktor Wer? hahaha) and I even was looking forward to another rendezvous with grammar.
And today I have done exactly two times less tasks in the same amount of time. The common topic of everything was Die Satzklammer and I wasn't expecting any troubles. How foolish of me! The very first task proved me wrong: I had quite a big dialogue and a bunch of words that I should have put in the right places. When I was completing this thing I was really angry, it was really hard to figure out what's going on by the end of the dialogue, and it turned out that some words weren't even in the list.
This books really lacks explanations. It is stated that this is for A! level, and some explanations from there are purely elementary, but we are supposed to know something anyway.
One mistake that I have done is worth mentioning. I have this:
zu sein / das Rathaus / am Mittwochnachmittag
I wrote some nonsense instead of:
Am Mittwochnachmittag ist das Rathaus zu.
Right now I have no idea what this means, I haven't encountered any sentence like this before during all the time of my studies. But it seems that A1 should be able to figure that out.
Anyway, somehow all these little troubles only inspiring me to go on with that book. It is possible that I will give up due to the lack of explanations, typos and mistakes of authors, but I am stubborn enough to continue with that tomorrow for sure!
Ach, und meine Handschrift ist noch schlecht. Das ist keine Überraschung, aber ich habe gehofft, dass es nur ein bisschen besser sein wird. Hahahaha.
Well, see for yourself, on the right I was at least trying to write good:

and I don't think that it worked out great :)

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4603 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 528 of 812
19 August 2014 at 5:01pm | IP Logged 
Via Diva wrote:
One mistake that I have done is worth mentioning. I have this:
zu sein / das Rathaus / am Mittwochnachmittag
I wrote some nonsense instead of:
Am Mittwochnachmittag ist das Rathaus zu.
Right now I have no idea what this means, I haven't encountered any sentence like this before during all the time of my studies. But it seems that A1 should be able to figure that out.

It means: "The town hall is closed on Wednesday afternoon." What is it that you don't understand? I suppose you simply don't know the expression "zu sein" (with stress on "zu"), which means "to be closed". You can also say: "Die Tür ist zu" = "The door is closed".

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version