Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 92 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4016 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 729 of 812
29 May 2015 at 11:50am | IP Logged 
Aaand the moment I think I can try to live peacefully with three languages to study, Esperanto finally comes out in beta on Duolingo. Mwahahahahaha. No rest for the wicked.
*here should be a childish roar to the absence of indefinite articles in Esperanto*
1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4016 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 730 of 812
30 May 2015 at 3:46am | IP Logged 
Couldn't sleep because insomnia, so I had to think about stuff to pass the time, and I thought about
languages (surprise, surprise!) and I've come to think that my goals are somewhat unrealistic. These seven
languages (I include English) aren't all the languages that I would like to learn, I sort of wander between
Finnish and Hungarian, also Yiddish sounds interesting, but even without that I doubt I can ever learn
these seven languages even with my rather humble expectations. To think of it straight, I only really need
English and German, the rest, of course, won't be in vain, but whether I can use these languages for
something useful or entertaining is a good question.
I learn languages because they interest me, and that is, I say, quite a weak motivation if consider that my
interests are hardly constant (and you could've seen that already). Apart from being surprised both by
choice and situation, my biggest problem is motivation. Say, right now imagine how my fluent French
would sound, but in a few weeks or months I just forget all that for something else.
Also, which is highly unlikely and yet possible, I can go total wanderlust and pick more languages.
Meh. Nerd? Not really. Mad? Oh yes!

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4016 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 731 of 812
31 May 2015 at 10:18am | IP Logged 
So I have failed my challenge in German too. I am still doing Duolingo, but I dedicate more time to French and Esperanto, and I couldn't read a whole chapter of The Stand yesterday, which officially means that this is it.
I plan to come back to it and try to read really fast next week, but so far I hold the horses.
Also covered 8 episodes of Broadchurch (aka watched the whole second season despite having last colloquium tomorrow. Typical me. Unstoppable.
P.S. Mi adoras Esperanton ^^

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4016 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 732 of 812
31 May 2015 at 4:36pm | IP Logged 
Things which make me go mental or Mobile Esperanto

I acquired my phone from China, and therefore had to work with it a lot: install proper Android, add
Google Play and so on. A few months ago I decided I don't like the default script and installed an app to
change it without baking in the original script. Bad idea. I managed to get the old script back, but it doesn't
show me a lot of symbols, including Esperanto diacritics.
But that's my bad and I can reinstall Android if I really want to (though I'll have to say goodbye to my
insane 2048 layout).
What is not my fault is that there's no Esperanto for the original Swype keyboard. I actually hate Swype
right now, it's usually laggy after a bid update, and yet I just can't replace it with any other keyboard.

So, I can neither read not write Esperanto from my phone.
This is plain awful.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4016 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 733 of 812
01 June 2015 at 3:24pm | IP Logged 
Finished Anansi boys, started Neverwhere (just started, covered 2,5% but I am afraid I can get glued to this book until I am done with it).

I haven't dropped French, but Esperanto takes over fast. After I have complained here I read a book in Russian (!) about Esperanto, written/ published in USSR shortly after Stalin's
death (!) which contains 30 lessons of the very basics of Esperanto in... poems!
I kid you not.
30 lessons in poems telling Russians how Accusative works, what replaces our other cases, how verbs work, which words begin questions, what suffixes are used...
I read it in 30 minutes or so. Easiness overload.

I wonder now whether there is something to read or to listen to in Esperanto. Vocabulary is going to be the hardest thing, just because it's massive and you can't make this bit
anymore easier.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4016 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 734 of 812
02 June 2015 at 8:12pm | IP Logged 
Quite a productive day today. I even tried chatting in French (not without Google Translate, rest assured),
then I tried reading that funny book on French grammar, and, frankly, the amount of pronouns they have
is, indeed, scary, let alone how do they work. But I don't expect wonders from reading that book, I just
need to know what I'm gonna deal with if I really want to learn French a bit more serious someday. So far
it's similar to German with the difference that I am not that motivated.
As for German, I've just swallowed the rest of Rubinrot (all but that first chapter). Considering that I know
the plot, I can assume it was light reading. I listened to the audiobook, and I'm torn between pros and
cons of it. I think I'm going to read the second and third book without audio.
Been meaning to watch something in English or German, look for something in Esperanto, but meaning is
so not enough, eh.

Elenia
Diglot
United Kingdom
lilyonlife.blog
Joined 3638 days ago

239 posts - 327 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: German, Swedish, Esperanto

Message 735 of 812
03 June 2015 at 2:15am | IP Logged 
I don't know if this is what you're looking for (probably not) but here is a guy who made a few youtube videos in esperanto:

Eperanto!

I think there are only three? But It's nice to listen to...

Edited by Elenia on 03 June 2015 at 2:16am

2 persons have voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4016 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 736 of 812
03 June 2015 at 9:32am | IP Logged 
This wasn't indeed anything like the stuff I had in my mind, but it's great! I just have to get back to that
once my level is higher.

I did find a few bands which sing in Esperanto via Wikipedia, but I don't feel adventurous enough to check
them just yet :)

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version