Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 121 of 812
23 September 2013 at 3:58pm | IP Logged 
23rd of September

I have to admit that "Teach Yourself" looks much more informal and somewhat friendlier than FSI.
But I had to forget about everything else (so I did with greatest pleasure) to actually get myself a little German.
Actually, I got myself somewhat ass-kicked when I liked the song Kopfkino by Letzte Instanz. I've been listening to their albums for a while and I chose quite a number of songs for my phone music player, but that particular one song got myself caught...
There is one big helping:

which I didn't had while dealing with Angizia. I can't say that it kills motivation, I even asked my German-studying friend if this song's lyrics are easy to say or deeply book-ish. She said that they're normal, nothing overwhelming and that I only need to know words. Anki, I'm coming! :)

Speaking of English... http://lang-8.com/594831/journals/15614700484392770531819645 156037127646
1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 122 of 812
24 September 2013 at 6:56pm | IP Logged 
So... physical chemistry all over the place, 3/4 of lab work is done (and mostly not by me, hehe), no time for anything else left.
Of course, I did get some rest. I finally finished Dexter, strange but somewhat good ending.
In university I was trying to read The Catcher in the Rye (in Russian), but I got more progress in another attempt to get through Deutsche Grammatik mit menschlichem Antlitz, not it's easier to read and even understand in some parts, but it's still too overwhelming. If one wants to practice, there is no links to exercises, and, honestly, they are completely useless if your vocabulary is small and you do not quite understand how to make it bigger.
I did some of Anki in bus because of terrible boredom, but I feel no use of it right now.
If I'll be able to think after tomorrow's walking nightmare of 4 physical chemistry lessons (two practices, two labs), I'll continue Teach Yourself. I wanted to do some today, but it appeared to be completely impossible. And, speaking honestly, if could've been not so bad today if I did do something of these lab work yesterday, Not that I regret...

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 123 of 812
25 September 2013 at 2:59pm | IP Logged 
Hier bin ich! :)

After university I got home extremely tired both physically and mentally. So I decided to watch something. And today was the turn of Das Doppelte Lottchen. Very kind, quite childish animation film. But I enjoyed it anyway. And I had to do it in L1 due to the absence of Eng subs. Obviously, those who made Russian subtitles, were very attentive, somewhat deep in the work -- just as creators of the film were.
It's not up to me to judge, but if you're strong-A1 or A2 you shouldn't be afraid to watch without any subs.

So, now I'm to go further with Teach Yourself, but I'm too relaxed for something like this. Of course, those who knows, could recommend me to take another lesson of Michel Thomas, but my relaxation is so deep that I won't be able to make L2. And tomorrow's English in university is promised to be about some grammar work and new exam topic... I honestly do not know what to do.
Watch another movie? Hmmm... warum nicht?

As usual, if there will be anything else to write about today - I definitely will!

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 124 of 812
25 September 2013 at 6:11pm | IP Logged 
So I watched Manipulation. Not sure if I was really watching and listening... every time when I see Klaus Maria Brandauer I turn into stunned in awe idiotic person. So, my next movies are Mephisto (re-watching) and Hanussen (not seen yet).
Actually, I can't even begin to understand why Manipulation is marked as bad movie. I put 10/10. Of course, in normal conditions I could've mark it as 9/10 or even 8/10, but not any lower. Of course, de gustibus non est disputandum, but sometimes you can't walk away silent. This is the case.
Trying to speak a little bit German. Honestly, for quite a time I'm really able to think in English and speak in English. As some sort of a mad idiot which has plenty of time being alone in the apartment, I can talk to myself. I don't even feel shy when confessing it, haha! Because that with combination of movies, songs, years of studying are leveling my English higher. I know, I'm sure that there are a plenty of mistakes in that variation of practicing a language, but it is something. For me it became somewhat initial, and due to that I always have some English practice in one day.
I intent to at least try this way with German. There are NO immediate results, of course, and if you had to really press your brain for speaking, it wouldn't be very helpful. It wasn't for me. Words should come to your mind. Try to name required topic and then wait for the brain reaction. If there is nothing - learn some vocabulary, some grammar constructions, because this is got to become your talking base, which you (in most cases) can't overgrow.
Nah, I'm writing about it just as if I was Columbus, discovering his "India". Don't get it too serious, allright?

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 125 of 812
26 September 2013 at 9:42am | IP Logged 
EngQ!

I had an argument with teacher during today's English lesson. We were practicing Verb Infinitive/ Gerund using the old edition of English Grammar in Use by Raymond Murphy. There were following sentence:
Sometime I'd like (learn) to play the guitar.
Teacher said that there is a typo and there should be sometimes in the beginning. I thought that there was no typo, that the structure is different and that we are to use Gerund here. She said that that different structure should've been used in another way and eventually we put infinitive, considering that there is typo.
I don't care who's right, just tell me, please, how to say this sentence right. Is there a typo? Should we really use infinitive here?

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4467 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 126 of 812
26 September 2013 at 10:03am | IP Logged 
If you want to use the phrase "sometime", you can, I'd put it at the end though.

I'd like to learn to play the guitar sometime. (At some unspecified point in the future).

This is different from sometimes which means иногда.

Yes, you need an infinitive. Two of them. With to.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 127 of 812
27 September 2013 at 2:25am | IP Logged 
Absolutely no German yesterday. I had to go somewhere after university, there were no time for movie, and I got home extremely late. So, it was all about songs once again.
I'm finally got ill, my nose is nearly totally blocked, I'm speaking even worse than I usually do, but still I need to go to the university.
No promises, but it would be good if I'll do 2nd unit of Teach Yourself in the evening. But we will see anyway...

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 128 of 812
27 September 2013 at 3:18pm | IP Logged 
*deep inhale*

Normalerweise gehe ich in die Universität jeder Tag, wann wir die Lektionen haben. Aber heute ist anders. Ich habe heute laufende Nase, ein bisschen Hochtemperatur. Also hab´ ich zu Hause bleibt. Ich glaube, dass ich die Probleme haben will, aber jetzt sollte ich genesen.
Meine Kinos sind nicht jetzt downloaden, also ich warten muss. Und hab´ ich heute viele "Deutsche Welle" gehört, 23 Stücke von zweites Teil von "Deutsch - Warum nicht?". Ich weiß, dass es kein groß Hilfe ist, aber das gefällt mir sehr heute, ich kann nicht mich stoppen.
Ich hatte diese Period mit der Englisch und sie war nicht ewig. Alle werde ändern irgendwann, aber jetzt ich studieren sollte. Vielleicht ist es klein, aber es ist etwas.

*long exhale*

Got corrected on lang-8. Ich bin Dumme, ja!

Edited by Via Diva on 27 September 2013 at 5:28pm

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version