Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 129 of 812
28 September 2013 at 12:06pm | IP Logged 
I'm keep saying that my recordings are the real test for whose who wants to hear language. Well, from today you'll be able to check higher level: runny nose reading.
I wanted to record 3 audios: Eng, Ger, Rus. However, it was nearly impossible to try read German, I'm not ready for it (even if I wasn't sick).
There would be mistakes, my harsh pronunciation and, of course, flavor of nose-speaking.
By the way, that's Harry Potter 6, p. 186-189 of Bloomsbury edition and exactly this part in Russian.
English
Russian
P.S. I can't understand a word from both versions, haha.
P.P.S. Still listening to a lot of Deutsch - Warum nicht?, watched Hanussen - Klaus Maria Brandauer and no one else matters.
1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 130 of 812
29 September 2013 at 2:58pm | IP Logged 
Today: some of Deutsch - Warum nicht?, 4th part bores me somehow, now I'm gonna continue watching "Black Books" (started today), which is suddenly even for me happen to be a blast of fun.
Nothing like a log, I presume, I will not be able to even think about, so...

Lnks post (also available on the first page)

SoundCloud: my harsh pronunciation of Russian, English, German and other languages, that'll probably appear later
sports.ru: the most "living" blog of mine. Written in Russian, themes: F1, sometimes offtopic (like chess or music)
last.fm: music talks, English (and, rarely, Russian)
lang-8: when I'm desperate for corrections, I can post there, thanks for the advice, Serpent
InterPals: I have some practice in speaking German right now, and this is VERY hard for me, but I would gladly help as Russian native on this site, thanks for the advice, tarvos
and, finally, facebook and vk.com. On facebook you can get directly to me, but you wouldn't know much about my interests. On vk.com you can actually see, what interests me. Of course, most of information over there are in Russian, but isn't that the point? I'm reposting only those things these are really get to me. Examples (with English):

so... the first post will be edited if required

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 131 of 812
30 September 2013 at 5:21am | IP Logged 
I just can't go on without sharing this dialogue from Black Books:

"So what do you think?"
"It's, erm, it's brilliant. Er, it might be a little long at a 1,030 pages."
"Well, we could lose about a page and a half but the rest is totally essential."
"The plot's... interesting. Might be a little complex for the three to sixes."
"It couldn't be simpler. There's the academic who survived the Stalinist purges and is now having flashbacks to that time. His daughter, whose long marriage is collapsing around her, and the journalist who suspects the academic was never in Russia, who falls obsessively in love with the daughter and sacrifices his career to become a lens grinder in Omsk. I mean... what's the problem? I don't think we should talk down to children."

I want to read this book, haha! Of course, the mention of Omsk caught me, but it was a real pleasure to hear about our town and Russia in general in good series anyway :)

I'm still being sick, so I have quite a time to deal with German, and I hope that there will be something to describe by the evening :)

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4467 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 132 of 812
30 September 2013 at 9:38am | IP Logged 
Выздоравливай!

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 133 of 812
30 September 2013 at 4:53pm | IP Logged 
tarvos, стараюсь :)
Well, as usual, nothing in German just when I was sure that something will be. Some songs, long .pdf downloading of 30-lections course from dw.de, but nothing really done. Anyway, I don't feel really upset. Maybe I just needed a rest?
English: apart from Black Books in the morning, I re-watched Real Steel in order to kill some time. All with subtitles. I should get rid of them, but I just can't force myself to do it.
It seems that I've reached a limit line on SoundCloud and, actually, I don't want to go Pro or Unlimited, so I'll try to find something else. Actually, I'm afraid that I'll end up on YouTube with black square instead of video, which means: less recordings. It's kinda sad, but I hope I'll get through this anyway. Any tips are welcome!

Got really upset because of German in the morning. I found the Duden app in Google Play, gladly installed it for free and nearly fell of my bed when saw not installed dics and its prices. Even if I wasn't used to get all things for free, that was too much for me. When I have no time, I'm actually checking the word in Wikitionary, which, of course, is not the best way of doing things. But I see no analogues and no options so far. I don't even know which dictionary I need in a first place!
One thing for sure: I'm sick of checking up in Google Translate and Wikitionary.
But, of course, it's better than nothing.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 134 of 812
01 October 2013 at 5:02pm | IP Logged 
I'm still ill, but it seems to be fading. Well, I was in university and it wasn't very bad, though it wasn't actually worth coming. Just as tomorrow and day after tomorrow.
So, I got home, re-watched "The Fugitive", then watched Napola - Elite für den Führer. Of course, both in original. I had to use Russian subs when watching NaPolA, but I'm sure that I got something useful out of here anyway. Some words and constructions just flying right into my ears, but I doubt that I would understand that without any subs.
Then I wanted to re-watch Mephisto, but all of a sudden stopped that for Teach Yourself. With quite a fight (some points lost, hehe) I did 2nd unit. Something new (or looking like new) was there, for example, nicht..., sondern....

Just installed German spellchecker in Opera. Ought to try, hehe!

Es ist dunkle hier jetzt, aber ich will nicht die Licht anmachen. Ich mag die Dunkelheit, ich mag die Nacht. Ich träume, dass ich in der Nachtzeit arbeiten kann. Leider, meine Spezialisation hat keine Arbeit für die Nacht, also ich es zu aufhören sollte.
Of course, all got fixed in Google Almighty Translate anyway, but... And yes, I have nothing else to write about :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 135 of 812
02 October 2013 at 3:13pm | IP Logged 
Still feeling a bit ill. I'm still to decide if I'll go in university tomorrow or not. It's English, but it's the English lesson only. And there is not only my health that matters. We'll have an analytical chemistry lab on Friday. That's pretty much everything that I've prepared for it:

That's one of my best possible handwriting, but this wouldn't save me from lots of calculations and theory reading. I tried to read theory as well, but it seems that I've caught an allergy to the word "titration".
Anyway, today I was busy watching series "Clone". Marvelous and funny stuff about a little too mad scientists, military madmen and their co-work and following problems. Too small, but I knew what I was going to watch.
I do have desire to do something with my German instead of everything else. I even want to write a bit, but it's too early to even try. By write I mean something art, hehe. Don't really remember if I told that before, but all these writings are determined to stay unfinished whatsoever, but that doesn't matters when I want to write.
I hope that I'll do another unit of Teach Yourself or watch Die Welle. Yes, or. No time for both...

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 136 of 812
02 October 2013 at 6:38pm | IP Logged 
Die Welle in our dear country was shown with title "Эксперимент 2: Волна", which means that our producers decided to present it as a second part of Das Experiment. Well, I don't approve that, but there is some truth.
Both films based on real events.
Both films present a social experiment.
Both - which was helpful for our producers - German.

I don't believe in democracy, by the way. But that's just to warn you.

The scenario of Das Experiment is much more complete and harder to imagine. Yes, it also opens more of ideas, but if we're dealing with some close-minded person, that person wouldn't understand much, That's actually possible.
From this point Die Welle is much more easier and real. Everyone really thinks that there can not be another Hitler, Stalin, etc. But here's the proof: it can happen. It can happen even tomorrow.
People are always thinking that they're smarter than those, who lived before. Well, we actually can't really judge. It would be hard to understand until you'll be in the same situation. And Die Welle explains that easy and understandable. Yes, it is somewhat too real from the point of showing moder teenagers, but that's the part of plan, I believe.

Shortly: 10/10.

Another portion of German in action, Russian subs.

P.S. I think I'll continue to do these reviews. I say here that I'm studying English - so I'm checking if I can express my feelings.
P.P.S. In Russian I'd definitely say more, but I beware think in Russian first and then translate to English for quite a time...

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version